The America that Never Was: An Alternate History of the United States of America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:10:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The America that Never Was: An Alternate History of the United States of America
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The America that Never Was: An Alternate History of the United States of America  (Read 53701 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2009, 05:22:20 AM »

Coming to a forum near you!

An alternate reality version of our founding fathers, now with more drama, action, romance, comedy, and everything else that makes it look better!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »

Come on Mech, just update. Don't be such a Lief
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2009, 02:10:44 PM »

3 months later

It has been three months since the new Alexander Washington and Napoleon Bonaparte part ways after escaping their fates in a run down American naval jail. During this time young America would finally enjoy it's first real rest and peace. Napoleon Bonaparte has become one of the greatest young commanders in the North American continent alongside his new best friend and commanding officer Rhode Island Army Major Andrew Jackson. Thomas Jefferson and his family have returned home to Monticello where he has resumed his life of peace and rest. President John Hancock presides over a time of optimism for young America's future. The Green Mountain Boys of Vermont and the Loyalist Organization of Upper Canada are on good terms. Alexander Hamilton has created a new life as the christened Alexander Washington and has found love once again in the arms of his close friend Maria Lewis. However, the winds of change would soon pick up where they left off.

September 21st, 1786: New York Senator Philip Schuyler returns to his estate outside Albany to be greeted by his servant girl Maria Lewis.

Philip: Hello Maria, you look like you've been awfully busy.
Maria: Just been busy getting the house in order for your return.
Philip: But I've been gone the whole time, why would it need to be ordered?
(walks into the house and finds Alexander Hamilton Washington)
Philip: Alexander? Is that you?
Alexander: Yes sir, I made it. Sadly I can not say the same for your beloved daughter.
The former Continental general and now US Senator has an emotional breakdown upon hearing the news that his beloved daughter did not survive the crash at sea, as well as her unborn child.
Alexander: I'm sorry sir, I tried to save her but the hand of nature is soo damn cruel, so heartless. (wipes back tear) To this day I still can hear her cries for mercy from the cruel dark cold night till she breathed her last.
Maria gets next to him and holds his hand. Philip looks up and notices the sign of affection between the close friends-turned lovers.
Philip: My son, you may stay.

Alexander Washington around this time.

September 29th, 1786: Thomas Jefferson wakes up at his Monticello plantation with a newfound mission in life, that mission would forever change the course of which history has been set. In the meantime he would send his daughter Martha up to Harvard University in Cambridge University for study. Some of the locals would give Jefferson hell about this decision, since an educated woman (much less a young girl) wasn't looked highly upon.

October 5th, 1786: South Carolina Governor Thomas Pinckney announces he plans to run for re-election in February (the gubernatorial election was moved up to February of every odd numbered year). Although he once enjoyed unmatched popularity his liberal economic stances put him at odds with the South Carolina elite and his fellow Federalists. Ironically, the South Carolina Liberal Party wasn't expected to run anyone against Pinckney.

October 17th, 1786: Thomas Jefferson receives a mysterious letter. He refuses to show the contents of the letter to anyone claiming its contents are of a "great importance".

An actor portraying Thomas Jefferson, I needed this picture mostly for filler.

October 19th, 1786: Harvard College student John Quincy Adams finishes his thesis “the cause for liberal trade in young America”. The professor comments that it is very well written yet rejects it to be published in the college’s publication. Adams would blame the Federalist bent of Massachusetts for the rejection of his thesis paper. Otherwise the young Adams leads a pretty swell life, being at the top of all of his classes and being engaged to the young Dolley Payne, a freshman at Harvard College. Many of his colleagues and professor predict that he will one day become a US Senator (like his father) or even the President. Despite being the son of one of the most prominent Federalist politicians in the country, John Q. Adams had by this time gained the reputation of being a dye in the wool liberal, he even voiced support for free trade (which was considered a very radical position, even by some of the Radicals).

Dolley Payne, the then fiance of John Quincy Adams

October 28th, 1786: Family friend James Monroe visits Thomas Jefferson at Monticello. The topic inevitably turns towards politics:

Monroe: Thomas how long are you going to stay out of the public eye before you accept the inevitable and run for public office.
Jefferson: Why should I? It is so much easier just to stay here and drink wine all day while having relations with my fine young wife.
Monroe: Jefferson, can we keep references to you sexing up your wife down a little bit? Besides it's almost common knowledge that's not the only place you get your carnal needs from. Also, take it easy on the alcohol, we're here to talk about politics not the pluses of your libertarian (Monroe's description of Jefferson's life style as "libertarian" in his journal would be one of the first uses of the word in known historical documents) life style.
Jefferson: "Libertarian", what hell kind of word is that? Does it even exists?
Monroe: No it doesn't, I'm simply saying that you live, breathe, and promote libertine behaviours, thus making you a "libertarian".
Jefferson: You sir should create a dictionary of obscure words that no one knows about.
Monroe: No thanks, I prefer to do something more useful like changing the system instead of sitting on my arse bragging about drinking overrated rum and wine all day....Thomas.
Jefferson: You bastard!!! I ought to beat your arse to Hampton Beach right now!
Monroe: Easy Jefferson, I'm just saying you have a very realistic chance at joining the Senate should you run.
The two men continue their conversation over random topics while drinking Caribbean Rum.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »

Bump

I had to do it
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »

Thanks. I'll try do an update on this (the research for this timeline is intense, the average update takes me about 4 hours to do) by next Wednesday. I have to go on a trip tomorrow (rage) and I have no idea how long I'll be gone.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2010, 08:32:24 AM »

Well if yuogo bumps it I guess that means I have no choice but to rejuvenate this timeline.
I plan on bringing this one back (along with continuing my infant Goldwater TL).  With school finally over I can actually get stuff done on this board.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2010, 11:13:22 AM »

Well if yuogo bumps it I guess that means I have no choice but to rejuvenate this timeline.
I plan on bringing this one back (along with continuing my infant Goldwater TL).  With school finally over I can actually get stuff done on this board.

School over? You lucky bastard.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2010, 09:41:38 AM »

School over? You lucky bastard.
Yeah, I got like 30 days left.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies