The America that Never Was: An Alternate History of the United States of America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:36:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The America that Never Was: An Alternate History of the United States of America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The America that Never Was: An Alternate History of the United States of America  (Read 53701 times)
aaaa2222
yoman82

« on: July 01, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »

Excellent writing, I'm waiting for the next update.
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:00:39 PM »

I love this timeline more and more with each passing update, however the "Conversations", unless critically important detract from the otherwise excellent piece of literature this TL is.
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:29:06 PM »

I love this timeline more and more with each passing update, however the "Conversations", unless critically important detract from the otherwise excellent piece of literature this TL is.

This is more than a timeline, this is a storyline. I am no historian good sir, I am a storywriter. I can not create history without characters, I can not create characters without "Conversations". I know the gushy storylines may be irritating, but deal with it. This is more for me to help get a feel of the exact direction I want to take the character. I used to think I could keep all the emotional storyline stuff out, but I just can't. I may be a writer of alternate history, but involuntarily I am and will always be a writer of stories. I can't help, and I sure can't change it.
The good news is that once the first election is over, alot of the meaningless conversations (especially the lovey dovey stuff) will decrease. However, turning point conversations will not decrease for I feel the conversations between men of power over their positions is vital to this timeline.
I apologize for this inconenience, but please understand that character writing is as natural to me as breathing.
I certainly don't mean to harm your writing style, that wouldn't be good for all of us fans. A character driven story is great, as long as you can keep up the exemplary quality going on so far.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies