Most liberal U.S. counties which voted for Bush in 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:34:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most liberal U.S. counties which voted for Bush in 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most liberal U.S. counties which voted for Bush in 2004  (Read 11230 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: January 07, 2008, 11:44:48 PM »

Ocean County is interesting but not particularly liberal. At least, it's definitely socially conservative in the winter and definitely economically conservative in the summer.

I was there once. Its like Florida-of-the-north. A very large elderly population, lots of retirees with beach houses. People who wanted to be near the ocean but didn't want to go to Florida itself. It didn't feel very Northeastern.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 06:59:51 PM »

Are coastal areas usually liberal? I never heard of that. Anyway, no, Cape May county is not liberal.

Coastal States are more liberal, in a very broad sense. Except for the Carolinas and Georgia and excluding the Gulf Coast. Maybe he meant that coastal counties are more liberal in the same way. I've never been to Cape May, I thought it was a swing county but you're right that it usually votes Republican.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 01:41:52 AM »

I thought Asheville had a huge University, but according to Wikipedia, University of NC-Asheville only has 3,600 undergraduates, not enough to make it a university town like Pullman or Lawrence, KS. There is a community college in Asheville that has 9,000 students though.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies