Most liberal U.S. counties which voted for Bush in 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:54:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Most liberal U.S. counties which voted for Bush in 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most liberal U.S. counties which voted for Bush in 2004  (Read 11228 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: January 08, 2008, 12:00:01 AM »

A county not mentioned Wake NC perhaps?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 01:46:44 AM »

Cayuga Co., NY
Pope Co., MN
Lincoln Co., WV
Hot Spring Co., AR
Manistee Co., MI

Smiley

I think Buncombe NC beats all those by a long shot. Especially the WV one. Wonder where ya got that one from...

Good point and the chances of Buncombe voting Republican again anytime soon are very slim
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 01:56:59 AM »

So, why do the liberal hippies of Asheville vote for Bush?

Kerry won Asheville city, 60% to 39%.  Bush landslided the rest of the county (not so much suburbs as satellite towns).  I'm not sure I'd call a >1/3 black city that gave Kerry 60% "hippie," but it's liberal.

Anyone know much about Swannanoa?  It's a small town outside of Asheville that voted Kerry.  It's heavily white, but seems identical to the other parts of the county where Bush landslided.  It was a close victory (carried by one of three precincts) though.

Warren Wilson college is located there, a small school of about 900 students  The precinct Kerry did win he won by 41, while the two he lost were 12 & 28.  Fact finder is down so can't match the precinct up right now, but more than likely the Precinct Kerry won is the one where the college is located, and the school probably makes up a large amount of the precinct's votes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies