Pacific Region's Controller
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Pacific Region's Controller
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pacific Region's Controller  (Read 1507 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2004, 01:28:08 AM »

All those who are currently registered in the Pacific region and interested in the position of controller please post here.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 09:27:12 AM »

First of all what does a controller do? Second, I disaprove of you creating positions like these, we aer trying to limit the government in some ways, I am strongly against this unnecessary position. I think that regions only need a Governor and a Lt. Governor.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 09:43:27 AM »

First of all what does a controller do? Second, I disaprove of you creating positions like these, we aer trying to limit the government in some ways, I am strongly against this unnecessary position. I think that regions only need a Governor and a Lt. Governor.

I think it was in the Western Constitution and as you are not a resident of this region MAS, I am afraid you have no say.

This is not meant to cause offense. Just a statement.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 10:58:41 AM »

From the Pacific Region's Constitution

Article 3, Section 2

Clause 1, All duties regarding elections shall herein be vested in the office of the Controller.

Clause 2, The Controller will be responsible for setting up voting booths for the Pacific Region and  in charge of making sure the election is run fairly and justly..

If this violates the Forum Constitution then I will find some way to get it changed but there was lots of time to point it out if there was a problem from the moment this document was first proposed to it's signing. I'm sorry if this comes off harsh MAS it isn't meant to be I'm just trying to figure out if this is just your opinion as a forum member or the Supreme Court stepping in.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 12:05:50 PM »

It's interesting that it is now the leaders of the UAC who are advocating MORE fantasy government positions.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 12:08:17 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2004, 12:11:05 PM by John F. Kennedy »

It's interesting that it is now the leaders of the UAC who are advocating MORE fantasy government positions.

WildCard isn't the (or a) leader of the UAC.

So your statement is already incorrect, anyway, I have not stated that I support this or not, I merely said that it was in the regional constitution so MAS, who is not in the region didn't have much say in the matter......

Don't make assumptions Nick, they make an ass out of you and me.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 12:15:28 PM »

This is my opinion as a forum member not as a Supreme Court Justice, I did not read over the Western Consitution, but if that was in it, i guess its fine...i still think these positions are useless though...
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 12:16:12 PM »

WildCard isn't the (or a) leader of the UAC.

So your statement is already incorrect, anyway, I have not stated that I support this or not, I merely said that it was in the regional constitution so MAS, who is not in the region didn't have much say in the matter......

Don't make assumptions Nick, they make an ass out of you and me.

He may not be a leader within the party organization, but he is one of you highest office holders and one of your most visible members.

I don't have a problem with having lots of fantasy government positions.  But I was under impression that simpler fantasy government was one of the few things members of your party actually agreed on.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 12:17:25 PM »

Now that I re-read the Constitution, I think it would make more sense to have the Governer or the Lt. Governer have the actions of the controller.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 12:22:49 PM »

Okay this is what we're going to do. Though I personally feel that 1 position isn't something to be getting so upset about. I propose a proposition to get rid of Article 3, Section 2 of the Pacific regions constitution. After that the will of the people will have been heard and that'll be that.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2004, 12:37:37 PM »

I support your proposition WildCard.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2004, 01:56:19 PM »

I don't care.  Grin
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2004, 11:03:55 PM »

I would advise against creating useless postions, but whatever the west wants to do is their own business.  (This is also my opinion, not that of the Supreme Court.  There is nothing unconstitional about this)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 09:04:53 AM »

If you go on abolishing the controller, maybe you could abolish the LtGov as well? I don't see what he's doing except putting his title in his sig...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies