Poll about Mitt Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:50:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poll about Mitt Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these three best describes Mitt Romney?
Mitt Romney was born great

Mitt Romney had greatness thrust upon him

Mitt Romney achieved greatness

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Poll about Mitt Romney  (Read 20318 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:12:28 PM »

Mitt Romney was born awesome.
This, is Romney country...You forgot county's, and Alaska.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 07:34:31 PM »

This is potential Romney country, depending on the prevailing circumstances at the time.

No, once America get's it's head screwed on right and relizes how amazing Mitt Romney is, this will be the map.

DC votes for Romney 48.59-48.54%. The only place that was close. Minnesota was somewhat close, but not very.
It would be great if we let Presidents run as many terms as they want.
Then, we can have Mitt Romney...FOREVER Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 08:35:45 PM »

It's actually quite reassuring to know that you two aren't taking this seriously.  I'd be concerned for your states of mind if you were.

There was a hint of sarcasm. I doubt Romney could do that well, especially in District of Columbia. But I would be happy with a President Romney, or even a King Romney.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:52:09 PM »

I think King Willard I is the best choice for Governor Romney. He needs to decide though, what to choose. After all, he will (hopefully) be the first King of America.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 05:41:01 PM »

I hate Romney with every inch of my body. If he does win the Republican Nom in 2012, I will be voting 3rd party. Also, the south would be in play as well.

Romney will choose a VP who is socially conservative, but doesn't make an issue of it. Someone like Mitch Daniels, who would bring economic experience as well as please social conservatives.
Romney wasn't even that weak in the South, and came very close to winning several primaries. Had he won Florida, he probably would have had momentum to win Missouri, Georgia, and possibly Tennessee.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 06:28:00 PM »

The blue states are states that Romney will easily win in 2012, given that Obama's approval ratings are less than 55, maybe even 60%. The only way the South would be when Obama is leading by double-digits. You could also reverse that and say the Northeast could come into play... if Obama's approval ratings are below 40%.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 06:35:57 PM »

The blue states are states that Romney will easily win in 2012, given that Obama's approval ratings are less than 55, maybe even 60%. The only way the South would be when Obama is leading by double-digits. You could also reverse that and say the Northeast could come into play... if Obama's approval ratings are below 40%.

KY and WV safe for Romney?
Yeah, assuming the election isn't a landslide. Romney would have won both in 2008. Keep in mind, these are states that have struggling economies. There are a lot of lower-class whites in these states. Now they might vote for Clinton over Romney, but not Obama.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »

No.
Care to explain?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 07:54:32 PM »

Romney would do better in the Northeast than other Republican contenders (Jindal, Pawlenty, Palin, Huckabee) because his political views are more in line with the Northeast than other candidates. If another moderate entered the race, he or she would take away from Romney there.
Please provide some sort of evidence that the South would be in play if Romney was the nominee...
FACT - Romney did well in Southern states, and came very close to winning.
There is no evidence that Romney will be very weak in the South in a general election versus Obama if the election is competitive. If Hillary was President, possibly. But not with Obama.

North Dakota was a mistake. It should also be blue.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 07:59:14 PM »

In his defense, much of it was due to Republicans being unpopular nationwide. In May `06, his approval rating was 46%. The way his numbers changed were similar to George H. W. Bush: They were high at the beginning, became average, plummeted at the end, but recovered when he was out of office.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:01:58 PM »

Romney would do better in the Northeast than other Republican contenders (Jindal, Pawlenty, Palin, Huckabee) because his political views are more in line with the Northeast than other candidates. If another moderate entered the race, he or she would take away from Romney there.
Please provide some sort of evidence that the South would be in play if Romney was the nominee...
FACT - Romney did well in Southern states, and came very close to winning.
There is no evidence that Romney will be very weak in the South in a general election versus Obama if the election is competitive. If Hillary was President, possibly. But not with Obama.

North Dakota was a mistake. It should also be blue.

LOL. You don't get anything about Romney, do you?

Neither moderates nor conservatives would vote for him. The notion that Northeasterners would favor the "moderate" Romney is all false. If anything, that's the problem with Romney--conservatives think he's too liberal, and moderates think he's too conservative.

And no, Romney didn't do well in the South at all.

And sadly, ND doesn't surprise me.

Oye. Here it is:

Mitt Romney Approval Rating

Nov. 2006:  Approve: 34%  Disaprove: 65%

Ouch. He might have actually done worse than McCain in the Northeast if he was the nominee in 2008.

Bingo!
Well, if no one would vote for him, which is what you're basically implying, then why is he considered the frontrunner for the Republican nomination? Why did he finish second during the `08 primaries?
Romney did well in the South, and I will happily disagree with you on that. You have to keep in mind, of his two main opponents, one was beginning to be considered the presumptive nominee, and the other was from the South. With that in mind, Romney did well. If he had won Florida, I strongly believe Romney would have won Georgia, Missouri, and possibly Tennessee.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

In his defense, much of it was due to Republicans being unpopular nationwide. In May `06, his approval rating was 46%. The way his numbers changed were similar to George H. W. Bush: They were high at the beginning, became average, plummeted at the end, but recovered when he was out of office.
Yes, Bay Staters may not have liked Republicans overall, but the results were fueled primarily by disapproval of Romney and his management of the state. He pretty much destroyed the local Republican party, which is outnumbered 7 to 1 in the state senate, and 9 to 1 in the state House.
Once again, you're just making assumptions based on no factual evidence. Romney must have been somewhat popular in Massachusetts. He easily won the primary there.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 08:14:48 PM »

Yes, Bay Staters may not have liked Republicans overall, but the results were fueled primarily by disapproval of Romney and his management of the state. He pretty much destroyed the local Republican party, which is outnumbered 7 to 1 in the state senate, and 9 to 1 in the state House.
Once again, you're just making assumptions based on no factual evidence. Romney must have been somewhat popular in Massachusetts. He easily won the primary there.

And was also utterly crushed in the other Northeastern Primaries: McCain won these by over 30 points: New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. Romney won a 10 point victory over McCain in Massachusetts.
Which is why I said earlier that another moderate entering the race would severely hurt Romney in the Northeast. I still think he'd have an upper hand if it's a no name, but if someone like Snowe would run, he would lose to her.
McCain was also the heavy favorite to win. Things might have been different if it was a toss-up.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »

You're amazing.
Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 09:06:41 PM »

To think Romney would do well in the Northeast, well, is just stupid. Romney, has no backbone at all and will bend to anyone's will. When he was governor he bent for the Liberals, when he ran in the primaries he tried to bend for the conservatives. This guy will do anything to get elected. Also, it will be a great day to see Romney get destroyed in the primaries.
If everyone thinks Romney is so bad and won't win any base, why is he leading the polls? Why did he take 2nd in 2008, and actually had a chance to win. Because honestly, if Romney had won 2/3 in New Hampshire, Florida, and Iowa, he would have won the nomination,
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 09:38:30 PM »

To think Romney would do well in the Northeast, well, is just stupid. Romney, has no backbone at all and will bend to anyone's will. When he was governor he bent for the Liberals, when he ran in the primaries he tried to bend for the conservatives. This guy will do anything to get elected. Also, it will be a great day to see Romney get destroyed in the primaries.
If everyone thinks Romney is so bad and won't win any base, why is he leading the polls? Why did he take 2nd in 2008, and actually had a chance to win. Because honestly, if Romney had won 2/3 in New Hampshire, Florida, and Iowa, he would have won the nomination,

The same reason why Hilliary took 2nd in the Democratic Primary but alot of Democrats hate her. Also,  Romney isn't leading the polls, Huckabee is.

Why do you care? You're going to vote to re-elect anyway.

No, I'm not. Obama, isn't the same Obama that he campaigned as.

Yes he is

No he isn't.

You're right, he has been less liberal. He didn't get universal health care or any of that. we got the stimulus but not the withdrawl of troops. What were you honestly exxpecting?

Someone who was going to work with both parties to get things done, someone who would not be like the same old same old washington thug. I amit, I shouldn't have voted for him, I should have saw the real Obama, but I didn't.
You actually believed that crap?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 09:45:01 PM »

The same reason why Hilliary took 2nd in the Democratic Primary but alot of Democrats hate her. Also,  Romney isn't leading the polls, Huckabee is.

Why do you care? You're going to vote to re-elect anyway.

No, I'm not. Obama, isn't the same Obama that he campaigned as.

Yes he is

No he isn't.

You're right, he has been less liberal. He didn't get universal health care or any of that. we got the stimulus but not the withdrawl of troops. What were you honestly exxpecting?

Someone who was going to work with both parties to get things done, someone who would not be like the same old same old washington thug. I amit, I shouldn't have voted for him, I should have saw the real Obama, but I didn't.
You actually believed that crap?

I did, yes..
Well, it looks like you've partially seen the light. Now you just need to support Romney, and you'll be good to go. Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:25 PM »

That will not happen, he is like a use car sales man. Smiley Right now I support Gary Johnson Smiley...
Gary Johnson = The most overrated politician in America. (I like him, but his support is being overestimated)
Well, back in January `08, I was convinced Hillary was the anti-christ, and would do anything to stop her. I was strongly rooting for Obama in the leadoff states. But just a month or so later, I started rooting for Hillary, and now I consider myself a supporter of her. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 09:55:43 PM »

That will not happen, he is like a use car sales man. Smiley Right now I support Gary Johnson Smiley...
Gary Johnson = The most overrated politician in America. (I like him, but his support is being overestimated)
Well, back in January `08, I was convinced Hillary was the anti-christ, and would do anything to stop her. I was strongly rooting for Obama in the leadoff states. But just a month or so later, I started rooting for Hillary, and now I consider myself a supporter of her. Wink
How is Gary Johnson overrated? The mainstream establishment likes to pretend he doesn't even exist?
My apologies.. When I posted that, I was thinking here on Atlas.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 10:30:30 PM »

You killed it, jerk...
Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2010, 11:40:19 AM »

Tmth, you seem like a very nice guy. However, for someone with a blue avatar, a positive economic score, and a social score much greater than mine, it seems as if you would have to turn logic on its head to consider yourself a supporter of Hillary Clinton, unless there's an ulterior motive. could you explain? lol (I don't mean to be belligerent, i'm just perplexed.)
Wow, this is extremely late for me to be responding, but I actually never saw this. Wink
I started to like Hillary simply because she is the alternative. I still continue to like her because I think she would govern as a centrist, similar to how her husband ran things in the 90's. While I do have a positive pm score, I am still close to the center and am liberal on a couple positions. Because of that, I'll support candidates that are somewhat moderate, whether they made be center-right or center-left.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies