Would you report your neighbor if they were hosting basement shows? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 02:13:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you report your neighbor if they were hosting basement shows? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you report your neighbor if they were hosting basement shows?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Would you report your neighbor if they were hosting basement shows?  (Read 1714 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 18, 2011, 09:56:51 PM »

Of course not considering that if I owned a house I'd host basement shows myself.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:23:28 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2011, 11:27:06 PM by Animated Airplanes Over Germany »

A rock concert held in somebody's basement.

No, it's not a concert. Concerts are big events. I have never been to a "concert" in my life. Referring to a show as a concert is a big faux pas in the scene.

A basement show is an event where a bunch of bands play in a basement.

I might end up saying, "Could you please keep it down."  If that doesn't work...

I've never been to a basement show where it was audible outside or in nearby houses. People who object to them don't so much object to the noise as they do to a couple dozen (many drunk) punks hanging around in their neighborhood. It's a common complaint of people in the neighborhood of venues that host completely legal shows too.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »

A rock concert held in somebody's basement.

No, it's not a concert. Concerts are big events. I have never been to a "concert" in my life. Referring to a show as a concert is a big faux pas in the scene.

A basement show is an event where a bunch of bands play in a basement.

Again, for me, if the noise level is not too high coming out of the basement and it's not disrupting my train of thought or not disrupting what I'm trying to do in my house, then I could care less what people do in their own homes.

So you wouldn't be bothered by a bunch of people who likely will have many tattoos, piercings and unnatural hair colors hanging out next door frequently drunk and wearing the shirts of "evil" bands and inside moshing to music which you no doubt consider evil and Satanic?

For me, really, if they're not selling drugs, running a meth lab, or doing something blatantly illegal, I'm not going to say anything.

There's a guy on my floor who is so big a stoner that I can always smell his weed whenever I'm in the hallway. You wouldn't call the police on him? I am also 90% certain another one of my apartment-mates is one of "opebo's ladies" if you get the drift. You wouldn't report her either?

(Not that the Minneapolis PD would do anything about either one if I called them anyway.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies