Which steak sauce do you prefer? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 08:09:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which steak sauce do you prefer? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
A1

Heinz 57

A good steak needs none!

Ketchup, cuz I hate America

Other (Please specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Which steak sauce do you prefer?  (Read 858 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: June 01, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »
« edited: June 01, 2010, 10:32:31 PM by Smid »

A good steak needs none...

I know what ketchup is (I certainly don't put it on my steak, though), however the others confuse me.

There's a great steakhouse over here - Squire's Loft (http://www.squiresloft.com.au/) and they have a beautiful gorgonzola sauce. Otherwise, well, I like pepper sauce although I'll usually go for some garlic butter melted over the top.

EDIT: Also went to Maze a few weeks back (Gordon Ramsay's restaurant) and that was pretty spectacular! (http://www.gordonramsay.com/mazegrillmelbourne/)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:42:19 PM »

Between the two, I prefer Heinz 57, but I don't buy either. Usually I just put Worcestershire sauce on my steak...

We usually put what you call ketchup (and we simply call "tomato sauce") on our pies, but I like Worcestershire sauce on mine.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:21:54 AM »

None. It is a desecration to the meat. Well, actually I soak steaks in teriyaki sauce before I toss them on the barbie. But I don't consider that a steak sauce. It is more subtle than that. Subtle is good!

My father always used to say "sauce is an insult to the chef." That said, my wife prides herself on some of the sauces she can make and thinks the exact opposite - so long as it's a sauce she's made.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies