Would you vote for a Third Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:31:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you vote for a Third Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would you vote for a Third Party  (Read 1792 times)
raggage

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2004, 11:01:37 PM »

As above.

I definately would. Have to say probably Badnarik at this stage, simply as he's the only one I know much about.
Hermit
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 11:11:08 PM »

I'm voting for Badnarik.
raggage

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 11:12:47 PM »

Care to explain why. With a good candidate on the left, who can roll back what Bush has done, it seems to me like throwing your vote away
Hermit
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 11:26:06 PM »

Care to explain why. With a good candidate on the left, who can roll back what Bush has done, it seems to me like throwing your vote away
I'm not a leftist. I'm one of those guys who are fiscally conservative and socially liberal, which means no matter which of the two parties win, I'm going to disagree with a large part of their platform. Neither Bush nor Kerry have presented a platform that lands me overwhelmingly on their side. The Libertarian Party, on the other hand, pretty closely reflects my feelings on many issues. So I vote for their candidate.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 11:32:12 PM »

Depending on the candidates.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 11:49:17 PM »

I'm independent, but if it was Byrd vs. Bush I'd be voting Badnarik.  Hillary Clinton, Kennedy, and many others would make me do this too.  I'm not that far from voting for Badnarik in the first place since I live in California, but I probably won't.
English

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 05:07:46 AM »

I would. I'd never vote for a social conservative.
TexArcana
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 04:18:29 AM »

I agree with Raggage I'm also voting for Badnarik.  In my case, I'm a partisan I won't vote for anything other than a Libertarian - but I used to be a Democrat.  In many ways, I never left the democrat party, they left me.

In 1996 a democrat controlled congress, and a democrat president passed an internet censorship law (communications decency act)  It totally opened my eyes to the fact that they had long ago joined up with the social conservatives (or were at least willing to adopt the posture to gain votes)

Yes, Kerry would roll back much of what Bush has done, but he would also continue/increase much of what Bush has done.  In exactly the same way that George Bush not only proposed a budget increase for Clinton's AmeriCorp but also proposed a whole new USACorp.

No matter who gets elected (Bush / Kerry) the size and (worse yet) the scope of the Federal government will increase.  Kerry is talking about sending more troops to Iraq.  Many Democrats are now calling for a draft (or some kind of forced national service)

Six of one, half dozen of the other I say.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies