I'm going to create an acctually Atlas fantasy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:09:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I'm going to create an acctually Atlas fantasy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: I'm going to create an acctually Atlas fantasy  (Read 16238 times)
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2004, 05:50:14 PM »

No, I believe super was going to wait until the primaries version came out.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2004, 05:23:45 PM »

For those who don't like the setup, always remember that PE candidate files can be edited. If you'd like to run yourself how you'd like, or add yourself, just use the Candidate Editor. It may not make it to the scenario, but it's always an option.

By the way, I see a lot of 5's and 2's on things like leadership. I think that the scale is generally accepted as:

5 - Legendary, almost possible to beat. For integrity, virtually no scandals. For experience, President or holding a high position for a long time. Even being a VP just means 4 in most cases.

4 - Outstanding. An area where someone is notably strong. A true talent.

3 - Good. The baseline. This doesn't mean not great, this just means not amazing. A candidate with all 3's is not bad at all. In the default PE, most candidates have scores of 3's with some 4's.

2 - Not so great.

1 - Dismal. Should be reserved for only the most special of cases.

Seeing these numbers, I honestly think 2's and 4's/5's are being used too much. The numbers do not need to swing so wildly. Candidates with 4-3-3-3 may not be interesting, but they are more realistic than 2-5-4-3 or the like.

Just a suggestion.

Yeah, this is how I use it. I use it in the Atlasian context though. People like me and Nym has been in public office almost constantly since the birth of the nation. We're like the Founding Fathers, still going strong.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2004, 05:26:06 PM »

Didn't I do this in the summer?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2004, 06:06:47 PM »

When I wrote that, I had assumed that the version with primaries would be out soon.  To my disappointment, it is taking a long time.  I think that I will just go ahead and create it with the current version.

I will have to rethink much though.  The collapse of the UAC might lead me to just create Republican, Democrat, Centrists (or Freedom/Union) and Independents (or Independents/United Left/FarmLabor).

I am creatin a senario right now, for pratice.  After I am finished and see that everything is successful, I will start on our.  I have not forgotten.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2004, 06:09:47 PM »

You could also maybe include the new office holders, given that we seem to have basically included everyone else who holds or has held an office.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2004, 06:17:43 PM »

If you are ever looking for beta testers, soulty, I'd love to. I know what kinks to find.

BTW will you be customizing the states' voting patterns based on the people in it or just adjusting the current America (Atlasia Wink to include third parties like Union/whatever?

(I still dream of a red - well, blue, whatever - South Dakota.)

You can also change the default party colors, if you didn't know that, to match the Atlasian ones. However, all the game supports is red, blue, green, and yellow, but you can change what party has what.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2004, 07:09:43 PM »

I'm glad I brought this up again, hopefully it will be completed. BTW, did anybody here like the Ultimate 2008 scenario, I created it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2004, 08:59:35 PM »

You could also maybe include the new office holders, given that we seem to have basically included everyone else who holds or has held an office.

I will include no more than 10 for each Party or group.  This doesn't include cross-overs.

I do have a question, however, do you guys want me to do this as a sort of "all-time" thing or do you want me to base it off our current time?  This would, of course effect the parties and candidates.

If someone would be willing to carry on with my work, we could have different senarios.  For instance "Soult v. Nyman", "Gustaf v. Nyman v. StevenNick" and "PBrunsel v. Nation v. Harry" etc.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2004, 09:01:31 PM »

I'm glad I brought this up again, hopefully it will be completed. BTW, did anybody here like the Ultimate 2008 scenario, I created it.

Hell, yes.  Good Work, I love it.  I have some critiques of it, for instance, Jeb should be a 4 for issues and debate.

I'm acctually using it as the template for a 2012 senerio I am making.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2004, 09:04:10 PM »

You're kidding! It's by far my favorite custom scenario. I used it to make my Cheney the Independent scenario. I disagree with some of the candidate ratings, but they were just trivial things and I had great fun with it! Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2004, 09:04:24 PM »

If you are ever looking for beta testers, soulty, I'd love to. I know what kinks to find.

BTW will you be customizing the states' voting patterns based on the people in it or just adjusting the current America (Atlasia Wink to include third parties like Union/whatever?

(I still dream of a red - well, blue, whatever - South Dakota.)

You can also change the default party colors, if you didn't know that, to match the Atlasian ones. However, all the game supports is red, blue, green, and yellow, but you can change what party has what.

I mentioned how I was planning on doing each state for the senario on either page 1 or 2 of this thread.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2004, 09:06:14 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2004, 09:08:43 PM by Senator-Elect Supersoulty »

You're kidding! It's by far my favorite custom scenario. I used it to make my Cheney the Independent scenario. I disagree with some of the candidate ratings, but they were just trivial things and I had great fun with it! Smiley

Same here.  It is really the only senario I play anymore.  I love matching all the different candidates against each other.

BTW, you made Santorum a tad too conservative on some of the issues.  I readjusted some of his stances and readjusted somethings for some others, but other than that, I kept everything the same.

I think that Coleman is acctually the best candidate in the senario for the Republicans.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2004, 12:24:36 AM »

Thanks Guys! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed "Ultimate 2008", I also created "Libertarian Nomination 2004", "Reagan vs Mondale-1984", as well as the Florida, North Carolina, and Kentucky Senate 2004 Scenarios. I'm thinking about updating Ultimate  next month with fixed candidate ratings and fixed platforms, I might add a few more candidates too such as Tommy Franks, Eliot Sptizer, Bob Barr, etc.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2004, 11:49:16 PM »

Supersoulty,
I did some work on this for you.  Mostly voter numbers and how differant states would vote. 

I did it on a slightly differant formula.

For electoral votes,
States with no voters got 1 ev
States got 4 electoral votes for each voter

As of December 31st, their were 126 valid voters.  The SoFA thread says 128, but it still lists NixonNow twice.

The total ev count was 505

For how states would vote, I used this formula.

For states with no voters I used you regional average listed on page 3 or 4

For states with one voter I used that voter as 33% and the regional average for the rest.

For states with two voters I used each voter as 33% and the regional average for 34%

For states with more than 2 I just averaged voters togethor.

Also, for states population, I used twice the number of registered voters * one million. 

Ex. NY has 16 voters*2=32*1,000,000= 32,000,000 "people"

Use what you want, I'll leave the candidates and issues to you. They give me headaches.

If you want the folder with the info send me an e-mail and I'll send it along.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2005, 12:14:46 AM »
« Edited: January 01, 2005, 12:19:26 AM by Alcon »

Alternatively you could use my lovely map in the What If forum that gives Wyoming its constitutionally-mandated 3 electoral votes. It does, however, base its numbers on everyone who has ever used the Atlas.

Still it is more accurate than giving tons of states 1 electoral vote. Smiley

// EDIT - You can find it and the numbers it is based on here. State numbers are here.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2005, 12:45:31 AM »

Alternatively you could use my lovely map in the What If forum that gives Wyoming its constitutionally-mandated 3 electoral votes. It does, however, base its numbers on everyone who has ever used the Atlas.

Still it is more accurate than giving tons of states 1 electoral vote. Smiley

// EDIT - You can find it and the numbers it is based on here. State numbers are here.

How did I miss that. Awesome work.  But, that is the whole forum and I think that Super wanted only those registered voters.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2005, 01:50:34 PM »

My first rough version of this scenario is ready for some testing.  Give me an e-mail address and I'll send it along.

Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2005, 02:32:24 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2005, 11:47:14 PM by sarnstrom54014 »

asarnstrom@yahoo.com
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #143 on: January 01, 2005, 06:28:31 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2005, 07:12:01 PM by sarnstrom54014 »

Thanks Jake, I'll do some editing and send it back to you tomorrow. I think there might be something wrong with the electorate trends, because with all four parties on the Dem starts at 4%.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: January 01, 2005, 08:57:45 PM »

Thanks Jake, I'll do some editing and send it back to you tomorrow. I think there might be something wrong with the electorate trends, because with all four parties on the Dem starts at 4%.

I noticed that.  Did I send you the version with the issue positions changed?  If I did that may be throwing off the results.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #145 on: January 01, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2005, 09:14:33 PM by sarnstrom54014 »

Yeah you did send me that one, but the problem was that the party names were different in the files. So I got it working now, and I have a question were all the candidate photos selected by the candidate themselves.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2005, 09:23:07 PM »

Yeah you did send me that one, but the problem was that the party names were different in the files. So I got it working now, and I have a question were all the candidate photos selected by the candidate themselves.

Fritz, Harry, PB, and Phil picked theirs.

I used Lewis' actual photo (sorry Lewis)

I used Jack Kemp for KEmperor

I used Rumsfeld for Ford, he didn't pick it

I used Tip O'Neill for Al since he seems to admire him.

I couldn't find ILikeVerin's Sims 2 picture so I kept Gary Nolan
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2005, 10:07:35 PM »

Use a picture of Former Michigan Governor John Engler for John Engle Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix