Sherrod Brown will win (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:19:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sherrod Brown will win (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sherrod Brown will win  (Read 4264 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: August 07, 2005, 10:25:03 AM »

Paul Hackett for Senate?!?  Listen, don't get carried away with the guy - remember that he's hardly the best thing going for the ODP right now.

Sherrod Brown is most likely to win out of all the Dems, but that doesn't mean he will actually beat DeWine.  It'd take a lot more than that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 12:03:51 PM »

Boss Tweed, do some reading on the 1990 Paul Wellstone Senate race in Minnesota.

Wellstone was a college professor with no political office experience and next to no money who was down by almost 40% in the polls directly after the Democratic primary to an incumbent Republican Senator with a 70% approval rating and $6 million in his campaign fund.

Guess who ended up winning that race and became one of the most popular politicians in Minnesota history?

The moral of the story is that anyone can win. Money and good poll numbers help, but they are far from deciding factors.

As with Wellstone vs. Boschwitz, I don't think DeWine is likely to use religious slurs against Brown.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 11:24:27 AM »

See the reason I was 37 was so I didn't have to read/see comments like 'you're just 14' plastered on the forum.  That minimizes me as a person and individual and therefore my opinion is less than what it used to be.

Why didn't you just leave your date of birth blank?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies