Sherrod Brown will win (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:43:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Sherrod Brown will win (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sherrod Brown will win  (Read 4263 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« on: August 07, 2005, 09:54:26 PM »

Outside of Pennsylvania the Dems don't have a realistic shot at beating a GOP incumbent.  Brown would lose by at least 5%, more like 10%.

I'm glad we don't have people like you running the party. We would give up on every race where we weren't up by at least 10% in the polls.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 09:55:29 PM »

I don't know how you can carry on saying DeWine will lose to Sherrod Brown without any polling data. 

There is one poll that had Sherrod Brown down by either 5% or 6% against DeWine. 
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »

Pessimism is a side effect of chronic disappointment.  Whether it be with the Mets, Jets, or the Dems, I get disappointed all the time.  So I have turned into a bitter pessimist.

You're only 14, things will get better. America is going through a dark phase right now. It definitely wasn't always like this.

Things really can only get better. Believe me when I say that the Democrats have a chance for a big year in 2006.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 10:21:06 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2005, 10:23:40 AM by Scoonie »

Boss Tweed, do some reading on the 1990 Paul Wellstone Senate race in Minnesota.

Wellstone was a college professor with no political office experience and next to no money who was down by almost 40% in the polls directly after the Democratic primary to an incumbent Republican Senator with a 70% approval rating and $6 million in his campaign fund.

Guess who ended up winning that race and became one of the most popular politicians in Minnesota history?

The moral of the story is that anyone can win. Money and good poll numbers help, but they are far from deciding factors.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 11:34:43 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2005, 11:36:16 AM by Scoonie »

The Democrats should focus on picking up Govenors races. 

They are. OH, MD, CA, MA, NY, AR, AL, and GA are some of the states that they're focusing on.

They're focusing on Senate and House seats as well. All of it is important if we are to turn this country around.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies