New Michigan Poll, Stabenow looking Strong
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:13:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New Michigan Poll, Stabenow looking Strong
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Michigan Poll, Stabenow looking Strong  (Read 2225 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2005, 12:15:20 PM »
« edited: August 12, 2005, 12:21:59 PM by Scoonie »

http://www.freep.com/news/mich/gov12e_20050812.htm

Fairly strange poll, as it polls both positive/negative job rating and approval/disapproval ratings. I'm not sure what the difference is.

Debbie Stabenow: job approval is 56-33 positive and approval/disapproval rating is 59/21

Her challenger Keith Butler is unknown by 7 out of 10 voters thus far.

Jennifer Granholm: 54/46 positive job rating and 61/34 approve/disapprove (why the large discrepancy?)

Bush approval rating in Michigan is 45 approve/53 disapprove
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 12:29:49 PM »

What happened to Jane Abraham?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 12:32:40 PM »

She announced she wasn't running two weeks ago (around that time at least).
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 12:34:56 PM »

This is very interesting. Granholm approval rating is 54%. Wasnt it in the 30's a month ago? What did she do to make her approval rating jump like that? Im not surprised about stabenow though, she has been doing a pretty good job in my opinion.

My current predictions are:
Jennifer Granholm 52%
Dick Devos            48%

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 02:43:40 PM »

2006 Michigan Senate Race Pre-prediction
(D) Debbie Stabenow 54%
(R) Kieth Butler           46%

or

(D) Debbie Stabenow 51%
(R) Candice Miller        49%
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 03:04:48 PM »

I'm betting on Stabenow to keep her seat.  For some reason I don't think the Republican Party is very strong in Michigan.  That might be due to minorities in Detroit, or the strength of the UAW and other unions or both.  Jtfdem, can you help me out here?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 03:32:19 PM »

2006 Michigan Senate Race Pre-prediction
(D) Debbie Stabenow 54%
(R) Kieth Butler           46%

or

(D) Debbie Stabenow 51%
(R) Candice Miller        49%

Stabenow will win by a little more than what you say.  Probably 10% against Butler or 4-7% against Miller.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 03:49:13 PM »

I'm betting on Stabenow to keep her seat. For some reason I don't think the Republican Party is very strong in Michigan. That might be due to minorities in Detroit, or the strength of the UAW and other unions or both. Jtfdem, can you help me out here?

There are many reasons due to the republicans party's weakness in michigan.

1: The serious lack of leadership within the republican party.

2:The weak candidates they put up for election.

3:Incresingly Anti-union

Even due to the dimishing UAW presence and detroits population  going downward The republicans cannot capitalize on that and losing seats in the State senate and State house every 2 years. If this keeps going on the democrats will control every major position in michigan and the State senate and house.

ofcourse this is just my opinion
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »

I'm betting on Stabenow to keep her seat. For some reason I don't think the Republican Party is very strong in Michigan. That might be due to minorities in Detroit, or the strength of the UAW and other unions or both. Jtfdem, can you help me out here?

Even due to the dimishing UAW presence and detroits population  going downward The republicans cannot capitalize on that and losing seats in the State senate and State house every 2 years. If this keeps going on the democrats will control every major position in michigan and the State senate and house.

Sounds like a fair assessment.  By the way, speaking of decline in Michigan cities and Unions, isn't Michael Moore from Flint?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 04:39:04 PM »

Sounds like a fair assessment. By the way, speaking of decline in Michigan cities and Unions, isn't Michael Moore from Flint?

Unfortunatly yes he is from flint . I live about 45 minutes north of flint. I also heard he ran for some political office when he was only 20 yrs old
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 04:43:13 PM »

Sounds like a fair assessment. By the way, speaking of decline in Michigan cities and Unions, isn't Michael Moore from Flint?

Unfortunatly yes he is from flint . I live about 45 minutes north of flint. I also heard he ran for some political office when he was only 20 yrs old

Yeah, I think he won too.  It was for a school board seat or something.

Question:  Where does Stabenow fall on the political spectrum?  She seems to keep a low profile in the Senate.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 04:48:46 PM »

For some reason I don't think the Republican Party is very strong in Michigan.  That might be due to minorities in Detroit, or the strength of the UAW and other unions or both.  Jtfdem, can you help me out here?

Michigan has been hit harder by Republican economic policies than any other state. The economy there is horrible.

Why would they want to elect a Republican when Republicans have caused the state's downfall?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2005, 04:49:52 PM »

Michael Moore was 18 when he won a seat on the school board from Flint.  6 adult candidates were running and split the vote, and he got all the 18-19 year olds to get out and vote for him and he ended up winning with a very small percentage of the vote.  He was still in high school at the time, so he was actually his principal's boss when he was a student in HS.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 04:51:02 PM »

Yeah, I think he won too. It was for a school board seat or something.

Question: Where does Stabenow fall on the political spectrum? She seems to keep a low profile in the Senate.

I think she is a moderate liberal. She does keep a low profile. The only legislation I heard her try to push through was the one to keep canadian trash out of michigan
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2005, 04:57:50 PM »

Yeah, I think he won too. It was for a school board seat or something.

Question: Where does Stabenow fall on the political spectrum? She seems to keep a low profile in the Senate.

I think she is a moderate liberal. She does keep a low profile. The only legislation I heard her try to push through was the one to keep canadian trash out of michigan

LOL  You guys don't like them, eh?  You should see the movie Canadian Bacon.

For some reason I don't think the Republican Party is very strong in Michigan.  That might be due to minorities in Detroit, or the strength of the UAW and other unions or both.  Jtfdem, can you help me out here?

Michigan has been hit harder by Republican economic policies than any other state. The economy there is horrible.

Why would they want to elect a Republican when Republicans have caused the state's downfall?

I just wish Ohioans thought the same way.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies