Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:57:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 [294]
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 206547 times)
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7325 on: May 17, 2024, 09:24:45 PM »
« edited: Today at 10:25:56 AM by afleitch »

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/17/more-than-70-percent-of-brits-call-for-immediate-ceasefire-in-gaza-report

London, United Kingdom – More than 70 percent of British people support an immediate ceasefire in Gaza, a new survey indicates as pressure rises on the government to adopt a firmer stance against Israel.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7326 on: May 17, 2024, 10:46:11 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2024, 10:49:52 PM by Horus »

The "Joe Biden is Hamas" lady now blaming us for the dead hostages. We are so hostile that just the other day the House passed a bill making military funding contingent on Israel spending, placing Israel's security above our own, yet still most of Israeli society thinks we're horrible. Why is this? How much more of a sugar daddy must we be before this country is finally thankful?

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7327 on: May 17, 2024, 11:19:18 PM »

Netanyahu's hands get redder every time more of the hostages turn up dead. Not as red as Hamas's, at least not in this particular way, but redder.

He can't leave soon enough, but I'm not convinced that Hamas didn't just kill the remaining hostages after the first cease-fire broke down.

Agreed, I think that’s pretty likely
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7328 on: May 17, 2024, 11:44:03 PM »

The "Joe Biden is Hamas" lady now blaming us for the dead hostages. We are so hostile that just the other day the House passed a bill making military funding contingent on Israel spending, placing Israel's security above our own, yet still most of Israeli society thinks we're horrible. Why is this? How much more of a sugar daddy must we be before this country is finally thankful?

How many times are you going to pretend this joke of a failed politician turned pundit is worthy of a diplomatic incident with a nuclear ally?

For those who don't get it, Caroline Glick is a far-right columnist and social media figure, not an Israeli official. This would be like France expelling the US ambassador over Rush Limbaugh insulting them during the Iraq War.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7329 on: Today at 12:58:34 AM »

How many times are you going to pretend this joke of a failed politician turned pundit is worthy of a diplomatic incident with a nuclear ally?

For those who don't get it, Caroline Glick is a far-right columnist and social media figure, not an Israeli official. This would be like France expelling the US ambassador over Rush Limbaugh insulting them during the Iraq War.

Rush had serious reach for his time. And many of his views were and are still reflected across the American right today, from high level politicians on down. Now imagine that but in a country where the right's base is made up of young religious radicals and not old boomers. Future isn't looking too great huh?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #7330 on: Today at 01:57:42 AM »

Horus believes all Israelis are ontologically evil, it doesn't really matter to him who they are. If they're from Israel they're taken as representative of of the Israeli hivemind
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7331 on: Today at 02:00:06 AM »

Horus believes all Israelis are ontologically evil, it doesn't really matter to him who they are. If they're from Israel they're taken as representative of of the Israeli hivemind

No, he does not. To even reach that conclusion requires deliberately mischaracterising him.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7332 on: Today at 04:03:51 AM »

Also, Israel says those three people were murdered on October 7 and Hamas took the bodies with them. Remember they have swapped human remains for live prisoners before.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #7333 on: Today at 08:06:38 AM »
« Edited: Today at 08:15:41 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Also, Israel says those three people were murdered on October 7 and Hamas took the bodies with them. Remember they have swapped human remains for live prisoners before.

I think Shani was alive in some of the videos on Oct 7.

There are heaps of photos going around of Palestinian militants standing proud on murdered and raped Israeli's on Oct 7.

The Palestinian militants were sharing their murder-rape-athon on social media with each other. One of the things Muslims do to Jewish women in these raids is they cut their breasts off. I don't understand it, but it happened in the 1930's when Muslim radicals were driving Jews out of northern Africa.

Even though they are outrageous, they appear to have committed historically repeated acts of violence.

It's gruesome and depraved. I can see why the rest of the planet has rocked up to protect Israel.

The whole history of the Jews retreating to Israel is a nasty episode.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7334 on: Today at 09:10:44 AM »

I think Shani was alive in some of the videos on Oct 7.

There are heaps of photos going around of Palestinian militants standing proud on murdered and raped Israeli's on Oct 7.

The Palestinian militants were sharing their murder-rape-athon on social media with each other. One of the things Muslims do to Jewish women in these raids is they cut their breasts off. I don't understand it, but it happened in the 1930's when Muslim radicals were driving Jews out of northern Africa.

Even though they are outrageous, they appear to have committed historically repeated acts of violence.

It's gruesome and depraved. I can see why the rest of the planet has rocked up to protect Israel.

The whole history of the Jews retreating to Israel is a nasty episode.
the entirety of Jewish history can be summarized in "Jew got Genocided flee to new location and repeat" that why pretty much almost the entire Jewish population is either located in Israel or the united states, Israel because it the safest place to be a Jew and the united states since compared to a lot country there haven't been a single genocide against them in the Usa.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7335 on: Today at 11:17:12 AM »

I would actually say that North America is *the* safest area in the world to be Jewish, though I do get the "safety in numbers" argument for Israel. Europe is also mostly not bad, most of the time.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #7336 on: Today at 11:22:36 AM »

I would actually say that North America is *the* safest area in the world to be Jewish, though I do get the "safety in numbers" argument for Israel. Europe is also mostly not bad, most of the time.
True but europe?
say that to a jew pre-1945 hell actually no pre-1991 since the soviets were pretty anti-semitic
Europe have been possibly one of the most unsafes places to be jewish before the 21st century and even now it starting to look like with the increasing hate crimes against jews, this chapter of jewish safeness in europe will just be a weird few decade blip for europe if it continue at this rate
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7337 on: Today at 11:31:38 AM »

Of course I am aware of Europe's history, but I am talking of the present day.

Unfortunately, some grifters do like to pretend a few pro-Palestinian protests are some sort of mortal threat on a par with the 1930s.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7338 on: Today at 11:47:19 AM »

The way I would put it is that the US is the safest place to be a Jew while Israel is the most secure.

We might be historically safe here, but we're also keenly aware that we're always one bad election from not being safe - not just on a national level, but on a city-wide or state-wide election level. Things can go downhill very quickly - Brandon Johnson's election in Chicago essentially turning the place into a safe zone for the most extreme pro-Palestinian protests is a mild example, while Mark Robinson potentially becoming Governor of North Carolina is a more extreme one.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 [294]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies