Predictions for the 2028 Democratic primary field?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 04:10:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Predictions for the 2028 Democratic primary field?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Predictions for the 2028 Democratic primary field?  (Read 2127 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2024, 11:50:07 AM »

If they are successful in their Senate and Gubernatorial bids, I can see Elissa Slotkin, Abigail Spanberger, and Mikie Sherill entering the conversation as well.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2024, 04:44:24 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2024, 04:59:03 PM by ultraviolet »

Why is everyone so sure Harris will run? I think she would realize how unpopular she is and just retire. She’s older than she looks—will be 64 by e day 2028—so there’s no shame in stepping out of the public eye.

If Biden wins this year: If Harris runs she will start as the frontrunner, but would probably still lose the primary and the general if she gets there. If she's the incumbent by that point, then she'll win the primary. I'm going to assume she won't run though. Whitmer and Newsom are the clear favorites at this point (I honestly think I'd vote for Newsom in this lol). Wes Moore and Andy Beshear would do well if they run. Warnock and Roy Cooper would be hyped early but fizzle out.

If Biden loses: pretty much the same as above except Harris is even less likely to run.

If they are successful in their Senate and Gubernatorial bids, I can see Elissa Slotkin, Abigail Spanberger, and Mikie Sherill entering the conversation as well.

Agree with Spanberger, Slotkin won't run because of Whitmer, is Sherrill even running? I think Andy Kim and Ruben Gallego might run if they win this year.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2024, 10:46:27 AM »

Why is everyone so sure Harris will run? I think she would realize how unpopular she is and just retire. She’s older than she looks—will be 64 by e day 2028—so there’s no shame in stepping out of the public eye.

If Biden wins this year: If Harris runs she will start as the frontrunner, but would probably still lose the primary and the general if she gets there. If she's the incumbent by that point, then she'll win the primary. I'm going to assume she won't run though. Whitmer and Newsom are the clear favorites at this point (I honestly think I'd vote for Newsom in this lol). Wes Moore and Andy Beshear would do well if they run. Warnock and Roy Cooper would be hyped early but fizzle out.

If Biden loses: pretty much the same as above except Harris is even less likely to run.

I think she's almost certainly going to run if they win in November, so I think she's in the appropriate column for now. If she and Joe lose, I'd probably bump her down to a 50/50 chance. Losing didn't dissuade Mike Pence from running.

EDIT: Added Jon Ossoff and Adam Schiff to the unlikely list and knocked Fetterman down to 50/50.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies