Metro Transport Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:34:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Metro Transport Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Metro Transport Thread  (Read 633 times)
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« on: April 30, 2024, 01:21:06 PM »

I was curious as to what explains some of the isolated transit neighborhoods in DC/Boston -- DC seems to have one stretch around Americna University, but does anyone know the others? Is it just proximity to a metro station? If so, why isn't there a closer match-up with the metro lines in general?
These maps would be a lot more useful if they combined the "walking," "bike" and "transit" groups together, honestly. There's so much overlap in those specific groups, particularly in DC.

As opposed to NYC, where the Subway is extremely well established and well-used, DC's car-free residents are more mixed in their transportation, I think - riding buses seems more common among my DC peers than any of my NYC peers.

Agree. Many of my neighbors will take the Metro on rainy days but bike or walk during nice weather.

As for the transit riders in Upper Northwest, that's the Van Ness area, not American Univ. Connecticut Ave, 16th St, and Georgia Ave are major bus routes moreso than Metro. East of the Anacostia largely is bus transit as well. The Metro works well for commuters from the burbs at least as well as it does getting around within the city -- most Virginians I know will Metro to work, but most D.C. residents I know take the bus, walk, or bike.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies