Who I am (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:17:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who I am (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who I am  (Read 3361 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: August 10, 2004, 05:43:26 PM »

Not boring at all, seems like you live by your capitalist principles. Smiley

I guess I could say a few things about myself...I live in Sweden and attend "gymnasium", the pre-university stage in Swedish education, which, thankfully, isn't too demanding. I study social science, combined with math and languages.

I work politically, mostly for anti-EU causes, such as last year's campaign against the euro. Don't have the time or energy to join the sinking ship that is the Swedish conservatives... Tongue

I play tennis and badminton and also practice aikido. I'm now taking up going to the gym again. Otherwise, I usually try to follow the news and learn new things in my spare time, but the past months I've been way too busy hanging with friends to have much time for that...haven't read a book in ages and I keep missing important news. :S I am currently reading Catcher in the Rye by Salinger though. Smiley

What do you have agaisnt the EU and the Euro. The only way for Europe to compete with the US politcally and economically is by coming together.  
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 08:07:10 PM »

You pose an interesting question, who do you want to be ruled by, Bush or Chirac.

If Europe came together, and the USA did something crooked or stupid, if Europe is well connected and allied, they could boycott US products together, etc.

Also, the EU helps with making trade easier between European countries, which will improve productivity.

Basically, the goal is to make europe powerful enough to stand up to a bullying USA.

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 11:02:23 PM »

What happens in that Yahoo! Group?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies