To Supersoulty and John Ford (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  To Supersoulty and John Ford (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: To Supersoulty and John Ford  (Read 4431 times)
MarkDel

« on: August 11, 2004, 01:33:47 PM »

Below is a quote from Supersoulty from another thread. Having read it, I immediately was taken back in time to my middle 20's when I came to many of the same negative conclusions, so I have some advice for Supersoluty, and to a lesser extent, John Ford. This may also be applicable to some other young Republicans here as well.

SUPERSOULTY SAID:

"John Ford's recent posts and the failure of the Bush Administration to sink the Kerry Campaign in spite of innumerable oppertunity have brough me to a realization:

Bush will lose.

Let's face it:

Kerry will win.

Republicans will lose the Senate.

The House will fall in '06.

Kerry will pull out of Iraq in 1 year, leaving a mess there.

Kerry will "make amends" with the UN.

Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, Rice, et all will be tried with war crimes and Bush will be executed as such.

The country will head down the toilet.

Conservatives will be basically outlaws and will be either totally shunned or "treated for there disease".

I am almost convinced that there is nothing we can do about it now."

My comments to you, Ford and others are as follows. Both of you guys asked me why I left Politics over a decade ago when it seemed like I actually had a future...well...the answer is in the rhetoric that has come from your mouths the past two days. You are now walking in MY FOOT STEPS...these are the same type of thoughts I had about the Republican Party and my fellow Republicans back in late 1992 and early 1993 when through their stubborness and inability to hold party discipline, they subjected me and this nation to the CANCER that is Bill Clinton. We did not need to lose that election, and we lost more than they won, believe me. This next paragraph is crucial...

At some point, I realized that I was surrounded by gutless, selfish cowards in the Republican Party...AND THEY WERE THE GOOD GUYS! Having worked on Capitol Hill, I saw first hand the twisted and perverted vision of America that most in the Democratic Party were pushing...that party was and IS a CANCER in America. I actually found it difficult to believe that the Democratic Party was FAR WORSE than any stereotype I had of them as a young Reagan Republican in high school. What I saw on Capitol Hill made me realize that Republicans MUST prevent the Democrats from dominating the country or the long term prognosis for this nation is TERMINAL. And then I watched my fellow Republicans put their own needs, insecurity and self-doubt over the need for party unity. I saw them act as a pathetic cowards when it came time to play hardball politics, or at least defend themselves from GUERILLA WARFARE POLITICS as served up by our Democratic foes.

And so, I lost my FAITH...as you two are doing right now. It happened at a younger age for you guys, mainly because communications and 24-hour news cycles forced you to "grow up" faster than I did.

So my suggestion to you is as follows:

1. Do what I did...drop out and focus all of your energy on your personal life.

2. HAVE FUN...enjoy it while it lasts because this nation is DOOMED. It will either fall from within over the long haul as Demoncrats erode economic and social freedom, or it will happen even sooner if their Utopian foreign policy allows nuclear and/or chemical holocaust...one of the two results is inevitable as long as the Republican Party is filled with spineless pr*cks who are not willing to fight fire with fire in the political realm.

3. Make a lot of money. Money can insulate you to some extent from the attacks on your personal and economic freedom. Work for yourself if possible, then you avoid the political correctness of the work place, and your limit your interaction with people who you do not care to see.

4. Avoid politics if at all possible. From 1994 to 1999, I pretty much ignored as much as I could, and I was happier for it. Once you accept the fact that the BAD GUYS will eventually win, it makes it easier to enjoy what time you have. The only thing that brought me back to politics is that George W. Bush gave me hope again...and now I wish he hadn't because despite any of his efforts, there is no way the Left Wing Democrats can be stopped over the long haul. Get used to the idea...stockpile as many weapons as you can while they are still legal (which won't be more than 10-15 years) and buy a house that is easily defended.

5. Don't make the selfish mistake of starting a family like I did...you are only bringing a child into a world that will be, AT BEST, unpleasant, and at worst, intolerable. With Bush in the White House and seemingly headed for another term, I allowed my former optimism to cloud my better reasoning and I decided to bring a child into this world...it was wrong of me to be that naive and that selfis. No child deserves to grow up in a world where Michael Moore is a hero and Dick Cheney is a villain...

And on that note, I bid all of you here at this forum a very fond FAREWELL. I can only say that it was fun at times, and depressing for much of my stay here. And for those of you Democrats who think my view of your party is harsh, i assure you that I am cleaning things up when I post on this forum, my actual view of your party is indeed more negative than I have posted here for reasons of decorum.

There are actually a few people here who I like enough to remain in contact with via e-mail, so they can feel free as they pretty much know who they are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies