Who leave congress first - MTG, Boebert, or Gaetz?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:22:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who leave congress first - MTG, Boebert, or Gaetz?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who leaves congress first?
Marjorie Taylor Greene

Lauren Boebert

Matt Gaetz

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Who leave congress first - MTG, Boebert, or Gaetz?  (Read 605 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2024, 12:37:22 AM »

Who leaves congress first? Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, or Matt Gaetz.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 12:41:39 AM »

MTG when she runs for Senate in 2026 and loses the primary.
Gaetz could be Governor in 2026 too.
I don't see Boebert leaving any time soon.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 12:46:13 AM »

I always felt Boebert would be the first to go given she’s a carpetbagger and seems like the least liked of the trio.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 12:48:41 AM »

I always felt Boebert would be the first to go given she’s a carpetbagger and seems like the least liked of the trio.
She's going to win her primary, and since she's in a safe seat with no higher office to go, she'll be there until she retires.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 12:58:03 AM »

She's going to win her primary, and since she's in a safe seat with no higher office to go, she'll be there until she retires.

She’s not a lock to win her primary. She gives me Cawthorn 2022 vibes except Cawthorn actually was running for the same seat he represented at the time rather than carpetbag across the state.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 01:05:44 AM »

I can see MTG becoming a swamp 30 years in the House politician
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2024, 01:16:57 AM »

She’s not a lock to win her primary. She gives me Cawthorn 2022 vibes except Cawthorn actually was running for the same seat he represented at the time rather than carpetbag across the state.

Also could be a case where she does sneak a win in the 2024 primary because the opposition was splintered and disorganized then goes down to a much stronger opponent in the 2026 primary.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2024, 02:13:28 AM »

Gaetz, when he gets elected as Florida's Governor.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2024, 02:31:47 AM »

Gaetz, when he gets elected as Florida's Governor.

I don’t think he’s getting elected.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2024, 09:58:50 PM »

Boebert will probably lose her primary and be out of the House come January 2025.

I can definitely see MTG running for the Senate in 2026 or 2028 as an ultra-MAGA candidate. I can also see her running for President in 2028, sadly. I don't think she'd win any of these races, but what do I know?

No idea about Gaetz's future.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2024, 07:59:31 PM »

Smart money's on Boebart. As others have speculated, I expect MTG to remain in the House for a while. I doubt even she's stupid enough to run for a statewide race she would most definitely lose, so there's no real chance for advancement (I don't see any Republican president, not even Trump, giving her a cabinet position, so there's really nowhere higher for her to go from here).
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2024, 08:08:55 PM »

Smart money's on Boebart. As others have speculated, I expect MTG to remain in the House for a while. I doubt even she's stupid enough to run for a statewide race she would most definitely lose, so there's no real chance for advancement (I don't see any Republican president, not even Trump, giving her a cabinet position, so there's really nowhere higher for her to go from here).

I agree, while I could see her being saved by the clown car in CO-04 this year like Spartz just was, I think she’d be in real trouble against a singular primary foe for ‘26 (also like Spartz).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2024, 12:13:56 AM »

Boebert will be gone after this year most likely, so she's an obvious choice.
ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024, 11:59:31 AM »

Observation: Seems like Lauren Boebert's been very quiet of late (since of this trio, MTG has been the most visible with her failed attempt to topple Mike Johnson).

My guess is someone told her to keep a low profile during the primary.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2024, 08:43:58 PM »

Even if she’s saved by the split primary field this year, Boebert seems like she’ll be gone after 2026 at the latest. Always possible all 3 go the same year because MTG and Gaetz have also hinted at running for statewide office for that year.

Also, Boebert’s district while safe red today is still quite a bit bluer than the other two and trending D pretty rapidly.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2024, 10:53:20 PM »

Even if she’s saved by the split primary field this year, Boebert seems like she’ll be gone after 2026 at the latest. Always possible all 3 go the same year because MTG and Gaetz have also hinted at running for statewide office for that year.

Also, Boebert’s district while safe red today is still quite a bit bluer than the other two and trending D pretty rapidly.
If Boebert survives this year she isn't losing her primary after being entrenched in the seat lol. I have no idea why you're so obsessed with the idea of her losing her primary when its clear its not happening.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2024, 11:22:42 PM »

If Boebert survives this year she isn't losing her primary after being entrenched in the seat lol. I have no idea why you're so obsessed with the idea of her losing her primary when its clear its not happening.

If she wins with a low plurality against a split field like Spartz just did, then I could see her losing her primary in 2026 as the anti-Boebert vote consolidates around one opponent.

If she wins with a comfy majority, then that’s a different story.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies