Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:51:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold  (Read 27841 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2010, 02:15:23 PM »

Following the address from President Rockefeller, headlines across the nation

PRESIDENT ROCKEFELLER RALLIES THE NATION IN ANTI VIRUS CRUSADE

PRESIDENT URGES AMERICANS DO NOT PANIC

KILLER VIRUS SPREADING FROM CHINA.  ROCKEFELLER TELLS NATION PLAN IN PLACE

ANTI VIRUS VACCINE ON THE WAY PROMISES ROCKEFELLER

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

The first supplies of the anti virus vaccine begin rolling out to depots across the nation for distribution to innoculation centers.  The administration wants to ensure that the vaccine is administered as quickly and as effectively as possible.  Therefore, the Department of Health and Human Services runs a very extensive promotional campaign, detailing the procedures that will be followed.

This message from the United States Department of Health and Human Services.

Good evening.  I am Alveda King, the United States Secretary of Health and Human Services.  My department and I have been working closely with the administration and with President Rockefeller to ensure that Americans are protected from the Shenzhen virus to the greatest extent that is humanly possible.

The first supplies of the anti virus vaccine have been sent out for distribution.  In two days, innoculations with the vaccine will begin.  Times and locations for the innoculations are posted in newspapers throughout the country, are being broadcast on local television and radio stations, are online, and are posted prominently in buildings and in public places throught the country.

Above all, do not panic.  The United States government has ensured that there is enough vaccine for everyone.  We do caution, be prepared for long waits in some locations, in particular the big cities.  Remember, this is a monumental undertaking, the likes of which has never before been carried out on such a massive scale.  Have identification with you.  We will have qualified individuals administering the vaccine sixteen hours a day, seven days a week.  If you do not have identification, show up for the innoculation, and we will take the necessary information from you for our records.

We are taking the vaccine to locations where we are aware there are homeless people.  We have as well distributed the vaccine to our military forces and personnel overseas.  The vaccine is as well being administered to inmates in prisons and  to those in institutions.

For Americans living overseas, contact the nearest United States consulate for instructions on receiving the vaccine.

If you are in the United States illegally, please get the vaccine regardless.  Under these extraordinary circumstnces, you have the guarantee of the United States government, and of President Benson Rockefeller, that no action will be taken against you when you show up for the vaccine.     

Very important, this vaccine is your best defense against this very potent and dangerous virus, and against the spread of this virus.  Clearly, due to the nature of this virus, there is no guarantee that this virus will not result in some loss of life.  The vaccine, however, will, we are certain, minimize deaths due to this virus.

The United States government asks for the cooperation of all Americans as we begin this mass program of innoculating our people against this virus.

Thank you and good evening.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2010, 09:27:53 PM »

This is CNN.  I'm Bernard Shaw, News Anchor.

People began lining up today all across the nation to receive the anti virus vaccine as a defense against the Shenzhen virus.  As expected, the line ups are long, especially in the big cities.  We have reporters standing by in locations across the nation, and take you now to Pittsburgh and our reporter on the scene, Rachel Sanchez.  Rachel, can you describe the scene for our viewers.

Bernie, I am at a strip mall, and this particular vaccination center has been set up in a vacant retail location.  As people come into the building, their information is taken, and then they go and wait to receive the vaccine.  I am here where the vaccine is being administered.  As you can hear Bernie, there are screaming and crying children all over the place, reacting from receiving the innoculation.  I have with me Marjorie Chambers, and her three children, and Mrs. Chambers and her three children received the vaccine about ten minutes ago. 

Mrs. Chambers, what are the ages of your children, and how did they react to the innoculation?  They are seven, five, and three, and they were all, should I say, apprehensive.  They cried when they got the needle, but they were fine after a couple of minutes.  The nurse explained that after receiving the vaccine that we could get flu symptoms that may last up to 24 hours, but that that is normal.  Thank you Mrs. Chambers.  Bernie.

Thanks Rachel. 

We have reports of similar occurances across the country, and from arund the world.  This is a historic occasion.  It is the beginning of the largest mass innoculation effort in the history of the nation, and, in fact, around the world.

I'm Bernard Shaw.               
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2010, 11:55:24 PM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

This is CNN.  I'm Bernard Shaw, News Anchor.

The first deaths in the United States attributed to the Shenzhen virus have been recorded.  A teenage boy, age 17, in Madison, Wisconsin, has died, and a 43 year old woman in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has reportedly died from the virus.

The Department of Health and Human Services has advised anyone with symptoms as detailed by the Department in relation to this virus to get to the nearest medical facility for treatment.  

The following day, the President of the United States addresses the nation.

Good evening my fellow Americans.  As you may have learned by now, we have heard of several deaths in the United States that have been attributed to the Shenzhen virus.  I send my personal condolences to the families and loved ones of those who have died as a result of this virus.  I will be perfectly forthright.  The United States, like every other nation around the world, will be feeling the effects of this virus, as I, and as the Department of Health and Human Services have emphasized previously.  Please remember, do not panic.  The United States government has been very proactive in this situation, and has instituted as soon as we became aware of this situation a very detailed plan to deal with this matter.  The anti virus vaccine continues to be distributed to the population.  

My fellow Americans, we are at war.  Not a war against other nations or a war over opposing ideologies.  We are in a war against the deadliest virus the world has ever seen.  As in all wars, there will be casualties, but we can minimize those casualties.  We must pull together, and we must take the necessarty steps to protect us and our loved ones as detailed by the Department of Health and Human Services.  

We shall prevail.

Thank you and good evening.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »
« Edited: November 07, 2010, 09:14:08 PM by Never forget a Republican freed the slaves »

This is CNN.  I'm Bernard Shaw, News Anchor.

After 22,000 deaths in the United States attributed to the Shenzhen virus, this crisis seems now to have passed.  I have with me tonight Alveda King, Secretary of Health and Human Services.

Secretary King, thank you for joining us tonight.

Thank you for having me Bernie.

Madame Secretary, just what is the state of this virus at this point.

Bernie, further infection or danger from this virus has essentially dissipated.  The United States government acted swiftly and effectively in this crisis which minimized loss of life due to this virus.  I know 22,000 deaths due to a virus, or for any other reason, is a tragic loss of life, but one must consider the United States is a nation of 266,000,000 people.  Had there not been an effective and fast response to this crisis, loss of life would have been much, much higher, as this virus was extremely potent.

Fortunately, working with the world health community, we were able to develop and distribute a very successful and effective vaccine to immunize the population against this virus.  The United States produced more than adequate supplies of this vaccine for the nation, and President Rockefeller, after consultation with the Department of Health and Human Services and with the leading health experts in this field, after holding back a small amount of the excess supplies, ordered the entire balance of the excess vaccine to be sent immediately to Africa and to some Asain countries lacking in this vaccine.

Bernie, this information is not known publicly until now.  What is known is that North Korea, who we just recently went through the Blue Ridge crisis with, was in danger of being devasted by this virus, due to the insular policies of that country, and they were not nearly well prepared enough to deal with this crisis.  What is not known, however, is that President Rockefeller personally persuaded Kim Jong Il to allow United Nations officials into the country with the vaccine to immunize the population.  The bulk of the vaccine that North Korea received was from American supplies.  President Rockefeller was not going to sit back and watch innocent North Koreans, men, women, and children, die by what would be in the hundreds of thousands.

President Rockefeller has not talked about this publicly, but I wanted to bring this to the attention of the American people.  

A remarkable turn of events, Secretary King.  Thank  you for joining us tonight.

My pleasure Bernie.      

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2010, 12:42:59 AM »

President Benson Rockefeller addresses the nation.

My fellow Americans, I address you this evening on a solemn yet forward looking occasion.

America, and the world, have just weathered the most serious threat to civilization since the Cold War threatened to annihilate millions.  This threat came in the form of an extremely dangerous and powerful virus, not in the form of nuclear weapons.

The so called Shenzhen virus, originating in China, a plague that spread across the world, and in fact, tragically, resulted in the deaths of millions of people, mainly in the poorer nations in Africa and Asia. 

Approximatley 22,000 Americans died from this virus.  My heartfelt sympathies go out to those across the world, and in particular to those in America who have suffered a loss of
loved ones.

I have declared a national day of mourning for this Saturday, to pay tribute to all those in this nation who have lost their lives due to this virus.  I have been in contact with many of the world's leaders, and most nations across the world will as well be observing a day of mourning in their nations this Saturday. 

America and the world rejoice in the knowledge that the worst of this virus is now behind us, and its' devastating effects have now passsed.  America and the world look forward to brighter days ahead.

We will never forget those who lost their lives in this struggle, but we will never cease our struggle against whatever or whoever would bring us harm. 

My fellow Americans, and those in other nations hearing these remarks tonight, let this recent tragedy be a message to all mankind, how fragile life is, and how vigilant we must be, in order to preserve that which is most sacred above all, human life. 

If we have learned nothing else from this tragic event, we have learned that nothing can conquer the indomitable will of the human spirit.

Thank you, and good night.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »

What are Benson's approval ratings as of now?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #232 on: December 05, 2010, 10:54:04 PM »

The Oval Office, the Tuesday after the Saturday national day of mourning.

Mr. President, Senator Hatch is on the line.

Thank you Marie.  Put him through.

BWR:  Orrin, nice to hear from you.  What's the latest?

OH:  Mr. President, I believe we can get the Roberts nomination through committee in a matter of days.  Six at the most.  We have gone over his record thoroughly, and see no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't sail through committee.  He'll then get a quick confirmation in the Senate.  We'll get this nomination through this time.  The Democrats will not be able to prevent the Roberts confirmation again.  We'll use our majority to push this nomination through quickly.   

BWR:  Good work, Orrin.  I knew I could count on you.  The Democrats may have prevented his appointment to the DC Appeals Court, but they can't stop him from going all the way to the Supreme Court.  Some good news for a change.

BWR and OH:  HAHAHAHA!

OH:  Thanks Mr. President.

BWR:  Thank you Orrin.  See ya later.

Mr. President, the Vice President is here to see you, along with the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Defense, the National Security Adviser, and the Senate and House Majority Leaders. 

Thanks Marie.  Right on time.  Send them right in.

BWR:  Gets up from behind his desk, shakes hands and hugs each of them.  Liddy, John, Dick, Larry, Trent, Dick, great to see ya.  We'll sit over here around the conference table.  How are things going with the new government department?

LD:  Well, as a team, consisting of the four of us, and several government officials in the field, we have completed the details of what the new Department of Homeland Security will look like.  We have of course incorporated your ideas into the overall picture as well.  The House and the Senate will begin deliberations tomorrow.  Lott, Gingrich and Armey are giving this top priority.

BWR:  Great work.  Trent, Dick, how long before we can expect this to get through Congress?

TL:  Mr. President, this is a monumental bill you have sent Congress.  Even so, this new department should be up and operating within six or seven months.  We'll push it through.

DA:  I concur Mr. President.

BWR:  Great work.  Things are really beginning to come together.  Thanks to all of you.

All:  Thank you Mr. President.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #233 on: January 03, 2011, 10:15:16 PM »

The Roberts Supreme Court nomination goes through the Senate Judiciary Committee on a vote of 16 to 3 and through the Senate on a vote of 86 to 14.

After 5 months of heated debate, the Homeland Security Bill finally gets Senate approval.  The vote is 73 to 27.

After the successful conclusion to the drama of the USS Blue Ridge and the threat posed by the killer virus was overcome, with the nation brought from the point of apprehension and fear to a mood of optimism, the nation, and indeed the world, looked forward to brighter days ahead. 

The world had been brought to the brink of war, and mankind itself had been threatened by the most powerful virus ever known.

With these earth shattering and history changing events now behind them, Americans were in a mood to celebrate.   
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2011, 10:18:46 PM »

Winfield, I must say, I've always been a fan of your prose - and it's doing the TL justice.

Also, I'd expect Benson Rockefeller jokes to replace Chuck Norris ones; this man can do no wrong.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #235 on: January 03, 2011, 11:05:41 PM »

Winfield, I must say, I've always been a fan of your prose - and it's doing the TL justice.

Also, I'd expect Benson Rockefeller jokes to replace Chuck Norris ones; this man can do no wrong.

Wait till you see the mid terms.  Cheesy
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #236 on: January 03, 2011, 11:28:56 PM »

Winfield, your work lacks melodrama recently. Give us some more.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #237 on: January 06, 2011, 01:31:23 AM »

President Rockefeller in the White House lobby.

I am pleased to announce today a new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Richard B. Myers of the United States Air Force.  I would like to thank General John Shalikashvili for his years of dedicated service in this capacity. 

General Myers.

Thank you Mr. President, and thank you for the high honor you have entrusted to me as the Chief of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  I assure you and this nation that I shall give this responsibility my utmost dedication and commitment.

Thank you General.  I am honored to have you accept this important responsibility. 

At this time, I would like to thank the members of the United States Senate for giving Genreal Colin Powell such a strong and positive confirmation to become the very first Secretary of Homeland Security in the historic vote that took place just one hour ago.  You are here today to witness history in the making when General Powell will be sworn in.  I am so honored and pleased to have General Powell join the administration as a member of cabinet.

Vice President Elizabeth Dole will now administer the oath of office to General Powell. 

I, Colin Luther Powell, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Thank you Madam Vice President.

Secretary Powell.

Thank you Mr. President and Madam Vice President.

It is an honor and privilege for me to stand here today as the nation's first Secretary of Homeland Security, and to head up this department.  I am honored to be asked to serve alongside President Rockefeller, Vice President Dole, and the other members of this administration.  I take very seriously the security and well being of this nation and our people and I pledge to dedicate my energy and my abilities to this end.

Thank you Secretary Powell.  This nation will be well served by having an individual of Secretary Powell's dedication, experience, talents and abilities in this critical and key responsibility.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2011, 02:02:35 AM »

President Rockefeller makes a major speech in Cincinatti. 

The nation has been through much trial and tribulation in the past several months.  We have put the world on notice that we will not negotiate with terrorists and that when our people and our nation are threatened, we will take strong and decisive action.   We will not stand by and let events overtake us.  We shall shape our destiny and we shall preserve our freedoms.

Rousing and sustained applause.

We have fought a killer virus that threatened our very existence.  Let this be a lesson to the world.  When we work together, we can achieve miracles.  It warmed my heart to see the people of this nation heed the call that the best defense against this virus was the vaccine.  I was so impressed with the people of this nation, in the tens of millions, who stood in line, in some places and at some times for hours to get the vaccine.  Men, women, and children lining up, for the most part acting with respect to one another, waiting their turn.  We pulled together, we worked together, and we overcame a tremendous obstacle.  Thank you America.  You made this possible.

My friends, my fellow Americans, as that song from the 30's says, happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again.  God bless America, and God bless you all.  Thank you.

The President and Mrs. Rockefeller then plunge into the huge crowd, shaking hands and greeting the people, while the band plays Happy Days Are Here Again. 

Hi, nice to see ya, thank you for coming, you're lookin' good, what a beautiful baby, were some of the lines the President used in greeting the public in that gladhanding manner he was famous for.

Meanwhile, at his Senate office, old style liberal Senator Edward Kennedy and his staff are watching the proceedings of the Rockefeller speech and greeting the public.  He says to his staff, That cagey Rockefeller.  He takes FDR's campaign song and turns it into his own.  He's the nation's number one opportunist.       
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2011, 02:17:26 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2011, 02:27:39 AM by Honest Abe »

Beginning the very next day and continuing on for the next week, events, large and not so large, break out almost spontaneously across the nation, in the large cities, in the smaller cities, the towns, celebrating what the nation believes to be brighter days ahead.  Millions attend the various events.

These events almost take on the atmosphere of an old style fair.  Food and drinks are served, patriotic music is played, the Stars and Stripes is displayed prominently.  

All these events have adopted as their their song, Happy Days Are Here Again.  Throughout the nation, carrying on for a solid week, the strains of this tune are played and sung, and America looks forward with optimism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfpVCpZBHbw
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #240 on: January 08, 2011, 07:16:23 PM »

President Benson Rockefeller makes a campaign swing through the midwest and plains states, and addresses the troops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeSgQdRZPxY&feature=related
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #241 on: January 08, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2011, 11:47:44 PM by Honest Abe »

President Benson Rockefeller makes a campaign swing through Dixie.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xW0s6XFJyw
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #242 on: January 08, 2011, 07:21:27 PM »

Well, now that's good.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2011, 11:49:24 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2011, 11:54:19 PM by Honest Abe »

I have changed video at entry 243, Rockefeller makes a campaign swing through Dixie.

Same scene, different music.

Check it out.

More dramatic.

Brings tears to your eyes.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2011, 12:35:25 AM »
« Edited: February 01, 2011, 12:04:26 AM by Honest Abe »

In the Oval Office, President Rockefeller is pouring over proposed legislation documents.

A frantic pounding on his office door.  

BWR:  Come in.

An extremely distraught President's secretary rushes into the office, sobbing, collapsing into a chair, burying her head in her hands, barely able to speak.

BWR:  What is it Marie, for goodness sake, what is it?

Sec:  Mr...... President.....

The President gets out from behind his desk, putting his arm around Marie's shoulders.

BWR:  Now, calm down, and tell  me Marie, what is it?

What, in Heaven's name, WHAT?  I've been buried in papers for the past two hours.  

Secretary now weeping uncontrollably.

BWR:  Marie, you must calm down and tell me NOW!

Sec, startled by the President's tone:  Uh, uh.....

The President's phone rings.

BWR:  Hello,  yes, Secretary Warner, will someone please tell me what in blazes is going ON around here?    
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2011, 12:55:56 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2011, 09:34:33 PM by Winfield »

Secretary Warner:  Mr. President, Riyadh is under seige.  Islamic radicals have over run the royal palace and have put King Fahd and his family under arrest.  This is a very well organized coup, apparently, as they have arrested the government ministers and have announced they are now in control of the country.  

They have also over run the United States Embassy.  Several U.S. army personnel have been shot and killed.  Mr. President, one of the guards shot and killed is the son of your secretary, Marie.  We have advised her of her son's death.

BWR:  Marie is here in my office.  No wonder she is so upset.

Secretary Warner:  Mr. President, it gets worse.  The coup leader, Bin Ali Yazeed, by all accounts very charismatic, has announced that what he calls a pan Islamist state is to be established, which he will lead.  This will give him control over much of the world's oil supply.

BWR:  Well, we shall see about that.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:34 AM »

The new leader of Saudi Arabia, now renamed simply Arabia, takes to the airwaves.

Arabia has been liberated from its tyrannical oppressors.  The former dictatorial rulers are in prison, and will stand trial for their crimes.   

I call on all Islam to unite, shake off the oppression of the infidel, and claim your rightful place in the world. 

The infidel leader Rockefeller, the Great Satan, will have no choice but to negotiate with us.

Rockefeller, watching the broadcast with the National Security Council:

We'll see how well this Yazeed negotiates with a few thousand cruise missiles raining down on him. 

I'll respond in the morning, using of course my most effective diplomatic skills.     
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2011, 09:37:47 PM »

Now that my foray into Atlasian politics has come to an end, I hope to get back to this time line.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #248 on: November 19, 2011, 05:55:00 AM »

Now that my foray into Atlasian politics has come to an end, I hope to get back to this time line.

FOUR MORE YEARS!  FOUR MORE YEARS!  FOUR MORE YEARS!
WOOT!  WOOT!  WOOT!

But seriously though, please continue.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #249 on: November 19, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »

FOUR MORE YEARS!  FOUR MORE YEARS!  FOUR MORE YEARS!
WOOT!  WOOT!  WOOT!

But seriously though, please continue.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies