Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 12:54:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Senator Benson Rockefeller Goes For The Gold  (Read 27844 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 21, 2010, 07:30:56 PM »

See this differs a bit from Americana, as there your character was said to defeat one of Kennedy kids in landslide.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »

True.  But this is not Americana.

There are acutally several changes to the Rockefeller resume that I have made.

There will be some entries coming up which I hope readers will find interesting.

Thanks for an explanation.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »

Now, serious question for an author.

I really hope you'd at least give your character some real right in primaries and general, not making that catewalk.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:54:11 AM »

It's appearing better, I must admitt. However, I'd suggest to give Rockefeller some more fight. Sorry, but appearing as the one who's always winning and have catewalk for Presidency making it boring.

More fire!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »

Well, can't deny it's improved.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 02:15:50 PM »

I made peace efforst and deleted my spam here.

Now, either we'll live in peace or for every spam in Americana edition hardcore I'll respond with multiple spam, with Rochambeau and HoffmanJohn help Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

I made peace efforst and deleted my spam here.

Now, either we'll live in peace or for every spam in Americana edition hardcore I'll respond with multiple spam, with Rochambeau and HoffmanJohn help Smiley

My my, you do have a very short memory, either that, or a short attention span.  In case you forgot, let me refresh your memory.  You and your friend have spammed this story many, many, many times already.

Deleted today? 

So, you like to spam other stories, however, you get very offended when a comment is made on your story.

Let that be a lesson to you and Hawkeye.  Two can play at your little game.

However, I will  refrain from commenting further in your story, and promise not to bring North America under my control.     

Well, you can do nothing about our little funny game, just as we can't do anything about your attention whoring self-fest. Days ago, I abstained from spamming there and just noticed story improved. Peace and love!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »

Wonder, who'd be selected as Rockefeller running-mate.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »

Ah, good thought.  That is one of the very next parts of the story.  I believe you, and most others, will be very pleased with Ben Rockefeller's selection.  Then again, maybe not.  I am not sure what anyone thinks of the selection that Ben will be announcing shortly.  Overall though, I believe it is a selection that will be widely favorable.

I'd have in his place one good choice, but I don't want to interfere.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »

Ah, good thought.  That is one of the very next parts of the story.  I believe you, and most others, will be very pleased with Ben Rockefeller's selection.  Then again, maybe not.  I am not sure what anyone thinks of the selection that Ben will be announcing shortly.  Overall though, I believe it is a selection that will be widely favorable.

I'd have in his place one good choice, but I don't want to interfere.

Feel free to name your pick.  I was going to throw the VP pick out for suggestions anyway.  I just hope it is not the same one I will be naming.

My pick would be Dick Cheney, highly experienced and, until post-2000, respectable figure. I'm sure there would be a lot of chemistry between the two regarding foreign/defense policies. Also, Cheney had authentic conservative credidentials from his term in House balances moderate Rockefeller.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 04:43:45 AM »

I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere... What are Rockefeller's position on abortion?

I'm asking because in case of him being pro-choice, there may be a problems with radical elements of the base. After all, in RL Buchanan threaten to run third party candidacy if Dole choose pro-choice RM.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »

I admitt, I haven't thought about Liddy, but that's very solid choice as well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 09:57:09 AM »

A detailed summary of Rockefeller's political positions on multiple issues would be welcomed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 08:56:53 PM »

Not to be impatient, but when Rockefeller will speak in person? I'd love to see outlined position on issues.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 05:08:54 AM »

I don't know if this was mentioned anywhere... What are Rockefeller's position on abortion?

I'm asking because in case of him being pro-choice, there may be a problems with radical elements of the base. After all, in RL Buchanan threaten to run third party candidacy if Dole choose pro-choice RM.

For Kalwejt

Benson Rockefeller, although personally pro-life, does not publicly support a constitutional ban.  He believes the abortion issue is a loser no matter where you stand.  He does not hilite the abortion issue in any of his speeches. 

You will note he did pick a pro-life running mate, Elizabeth Dole.  He needs the Republican base in the election, while at the same time using his record to appeal to moderates.

Now I find that really doubtful and improbable.

So basically the character dodge the issue. You really believe he'd be able to do it? You really believe conservative base wouldn't press him on this? You really believe he wouldn't be literally harashed by activist and the media to say things loudly?

Not happening. Not in America, not in the Republican Party.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »

Besides, abortion is hardly the defining issue in this campaign.        

Oh yes, abortion is so hardly the defining issue, that in RL in 1996 Buchanan threatens Dole to run a third party bid if he dare to choose pro-choice as RM.

Sorry, but for a lot of Republicans that is an issue and stating "I'm just personally pro-life" wouldn't satisfy them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 02:59:48 PM »

There are more compelling issues in 1996 than abortion, the safety and security of the nation for one.

Rockefeller did not choose a pro choice running mate, he chose a pro life running mate.

Rockefeller's stand on abortion may not be what every conservative is looking for, however, it is infinitely preferrable to the stand taken by most Democrats, including Clinton.

Well, onward and upward.  The campaign continues.

Of course there were more important, real issues but, suprisingly, a lot of people don't care about real issues. And if you're think that a conservative base would let the character to go on with "I just personally oppose abortion"... well, what can I say? I think you're deadly wrong.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »

Not hard to predict what's next.

1. Bad Boy Clinton tries to attack Rockefeller but outraged on these tricks Americans votes for Rockefeller in landslide regardless of any issues/ideology
2. Bad Boy Clinton does attacks and points out Liberal ideology of Rockefeller, but Rockefeller is the smartest man alive so he still wins

Well, Tom, I tried to read this, I really did, but you don't even want to listen even friendliest suggestion and criticism. So, since any talk ends with war with you, I'll just again put you on ignore. Enjoy yourself. If you're really attempting this to be serious story, not a parody, then I guess you failed again.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 10:53:32 PM »

Since I'm entitled to my opinions, your writing ability is declining, Tom. As much as were my criticism toward substance of your previous entries, they were actually well-written and longer. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 08:48:50 AM »

Since I'm entitled to my opinions, your writing ability is declining, Tom. As much as were my criticism toward substance of your previous entries, they were actually well-written and longer. 

PolCon, I thought you were putting me on ignore.  But, I have to agree with you somewhat, and must admit, I have been encountering a bit of a writer's block of late.  I have had a lot of things going in my life lately.

Therefore, I shall be moving into the election returns phase of this story shortly, I hope within the next day or two.

I was going to, but I decided against.

My friendly advice: when you have writer's bloc, don't force yourself to write and post at all costs. Who said you need to update it now?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »

PolCon, I thought you were putting me on ignore.  But, I have to agree with you somewhat, and must admit, I have been encountering a bit of a writer's block of late.  I have had a lot of things going in my life lately.

Therefore, I shall be moving into the election returns phase of this story shortly, I hope within the next day or two.

I was going to, but I decided against.

My friendly advice: when you have writer's bloc, don't force yourself to write and post at all costs. Who said you need to update it now?

Seconded.

This is good, Winfield - but if you ever feel like you're pushing yourself to write an update, it's better just to put it on ice until you've got the drive.

Exactly, this thread is not going anywhere and a lot of writers have breaks/hiatus before updating. Ben is serious offender in this regard Wink   
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »

Looks like you succesfully and quickly dealed with writers block.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 12:08:41 PM »

While Rockefeller win was obvious since you started, election night was well-conducted and even if I retain my criticism regarding previous entries, that's becoming interesting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »

Just asking (so don't agressive as usual Tongue): in TTL Heflin haven't retired in 1996?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 04:50:30 PM »

Just asking (so don't agressive as usual Tongue): in TTL Heflin haven't retired in 1996?

Kalwejt, thank you for the question.

In this TL, as in real life, Heflin is in his last term as a U.S. Senator.  He leaves the Senate in January of 1997.  But in November, 1996, of course, he is still a sitting Senator, and he is firmly convinced that Benson Rockefeller influenced Governor Pataki to appoint Grayson Rockefeller to fill the Senate vacancy.

Btw, I wonder if you could provide a list of Senators, or better (since making such list is annoying and I abandoned this in my TLs long ago) tell us if there are any notable personal changes TTL?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies