Former AG Bill Barr, who said Trump shouldn’t be near Oval Office, says he will vote for him in 2024
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:52:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Former AG Bill Barr, who said Trump shouldn’t be near Oval Office, says he will vote for him in 2024
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former AG Bill Barr, who said Trump shouldn’t be near Oval Office, says he will vote for him in 2024  (Read 287 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 01, 2024, 03:36:23 PM »
« edited: May 01, 2024, 03:43:47 PM by Woody »

Edit:

Collins pressed Barr – who has been highly critical of his former boss – “Just to be clear, you’re voting for someone who you believe tried to subvert the peaceful transfer of power, that can’t even achieve his own policies, that lied about the election even after his attorney general told him that the election wasn’t stolen. … You’re going to vote for someone who is facing 88 criminal counts?”
Barr began, “Look, the 88 criminal counts, a lot of those are-”

“Even if 10 of them are accurate?” Collins interjected.

“The answer to the question is yes,” Barr countered. “I’m supporting the Republican ticket.”
“The fact of the matter is, as I said all along, I agreed with Trump’s policies and despite the media, the left-wing media’s effort to portray it as a lawless administration, it wasn’t. His policies were sound and we had victories in courts and we defended them,” he added.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/26/politics/barr-vote-for-trump-2024/index.html
Redban

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 03:39:26 PM »

Damn, I admire Bill Barr: one of the great legal minds. I enjoyed reading his book recently. I'm disappointed by this statement. He has given so many negative remarks about Trump; he once said that Trump's 2nd term would be consumed by getting revenge on his enemies instead of the public good. Trump has also trashed Barr publicly.

I feel Barr should say he will write-in someone like Haley . Pence did it.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 03:40:33 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 03:41:04 PM »

Damn, I admire Bill Barr: one of the great legal minds. I enjoyed reading his book recently. I'm disappointed by this statement. He has given so many negative remarks about Trump; he once said that Trump's 2nd term would be consumed by getting revenge on his enemies instead of the public good. Trump has also trashed Barr publicly.

I feel Barr should say he will write-in someone like Haley . Pence did it.

For once, we agree. If Mike Pence can say he won't vote for Trump, I don't understand why it's so hard for Barr to do the same.

Barr is just making an ass out of himself at this point by double speaking.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 03:41:50 PM »

LMAO

ClassicElectionEnthusiast
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 03:42:17 PM »

My theory is Barr's trying to make nice with Trump in hopes that he'll get his Attorney General job back if Trump were to win.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2024, 03:58:09 PM »

LMAO

This is why I've said for years that there is no such thing as a "good Republican" in elected office--the ones who are good have left the party by now and realized that they can't fix the Republican Party from the inside. Everyone who is still a Republican in elected office is aligning themselves with Trump by having that letter next to their name whether they think they are or not. No serious person thinks that Trump is less of a threat to American democracy than Biden is. Barr can equivocate on that as much as he wants, but he can't seriously believe it. The truth is that he would is perfectly okay taking the risk of ending the American experiment as long as the right peoples' taxes are cut, the right people are kept out of the country, and the opposition is weakened if not snuffed out altogether. That's what I'm getting at with the "tax cuts and judges" thing that I keep posting--Trump has absolutely embarrassed the living hell out of the Republican Party and many of its most notable members (Ted Cruz/his wife, John McCain, Mitt Romney, Bill Barr, George W. Bush, the list goes on) and almost all of them have either fallen in line behind him or are so politically irrelevant that no one within the party gives a sh-t about what they think. They are weak, spineless, and incapable of principle. It's disgusting.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2024, 04:35:45 PM »

No surprise here. He's one of many in an abusive relationship with Trump.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2024, 07:44:15 PM »

Barr is a crook who covered up Donald Trump crimes while doing his utmost to help Russian intelligence frame Joe Biden. He belongs in the cell right next to the one Donald deserves.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2024, 11:37:58 PM »

Donald Trump does not belong in a cell. Any good biologist knows that they're millimetres wide at best.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2024, 01:18:41 AM »

Can someone explain to me how this isn't a cult of personality?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2024, 02:51:39 AM »

Deplorable
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2024, 02:51:56 AM »

He's a Republican, but as I said it's a gamble running Harris again. She needs to do a full blown Press conference and explain why she should be Veep, but she isn't gonna do that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2024, 02:58:04 AM »

I have never seen people debase themselves so much in their constant pursuit of power like Republicans do in the last eight years. Like TR would have said, they have no more backbone than a chocolate eclair.   
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies