Emsworth - Press Conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:49:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Emsworth - Press Conference
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emsworth - Press Conference  (Read 1188 times)
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2004, 11:00:06 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Forum,

As you may by now have gathered, the Fantasy Elections have concluded, leaving me with a seat in the Senate. My campaign, as you know, was not opposed, and I look forward to an opponent at the next election. Meanwhile, the remaining candidates have waged excellent campaigns, resulting even in victories for write-in candidates. I congratulate my fellow Senators-Elect, that is, Michael Z, Texasgurl, Shape Shifter, Beet, Hugh, States Rights and John F Kennedy, and I look forward to their service in the Senate alongside mine.

For this opportunity, I thank all of the voters of the First District who voted for me, and also the voters who chose another candidate, for they have all fulfilled their civic duties. Additionally, I thank the Progressive Party for nominating me, with a special mention going to our Chairman Dunn and our Secretary Peter Bell for their hand in organizing this victory. I also wish to express gratitude to the President, Nym, for his leadership, to Demrepdan, for writing a constitution and organizing the elections, to Gustaf, for his moderation of the forums and participation in combat against trolls, and to all other members of the Forum.

I would like to inform the Senators-Elect aforementioned that they may take office starting at noon Eastern Time on this coming Friday and ending at noon Eastern Time on the Sunday thereafter. Oaths or affirmations may be taken in the form of public posts; members may not debate or vote until after taking the oath or affirmation.

Meanwhile, I am confident that we can determine the rules and procedures of the body; I have taken the liberty of proposing a draft of the same, regarding which the Forum Moderator has provided much aid. In the upcoming Senate, several items will be on our agenda: the delimitation of boundaries for regions and districts, providing for the trial and punishment of trolls, regulating electoral practices, including write-in votes and absentee ballots, and confirming the President’s nominees for the Supreme Court and for executive posts. Since we have so much work coming up, I suggest that these rules be finalized before the Senate first meets. A thread on the subject has already been created.

Now, I will be pleased to answer any questions at this press conference on my behalf and on the behalf of the Progressive Party.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 11:09:38 AM »

Congratulions
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 11:11:03 AM »

Congratulaitons.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 11:11:44 AM »

Is there a reason why Senators have to wait a week to be sworn in?  Why not just do it now until Tuesday?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2004, 11:12:16 AM »

heehee, lets see if I can be the first to spell Congratulations right.

Congratulationesasdasf (darn it!!!)

Congratulations Cheesy
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 11:13:17 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2004, 11:14:13 AM by Senator-Elect Emsworth »

Is there a reason why Senators have to wait a week to be sworn in?  Why not just do it now until Tuesday?

"All Senators shall assume their office during the first weekend of the month following the election, between noon Eastern on Friday and noon Eastern Time the Sunday ensuing."

Meanwhile, Senators-elect, debate my proposed rules!!!
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 11:15:30 AM »

"All Senators shall assume their office during the first weekend of the month following the election, between noon Eastern on Friday and noon Eastern Time the Sunday ensuing."

honeslty it doesnt matter emsworth u jeffersonian strict constutionalist...the sooner the better i say....
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 11:18:13 AM »

Can we at least hold the Supreme Court nomination hearings in the meantime?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 11:19:01 AM »

honeslty it doesnt matter emsworth u jeffersonian strict constutionalist...the sooner the better i say....
What do you mean, the constitution doesn't matter! You wouldn't make a good Justice if you continue like that.
dunn

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 11:40:43 AM »

What do you mean, the constitution doesn't matter! You wouldn't make a good Justice if you continue like that.
TRUE
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies