Legalize public nudity? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:05:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Legalize public nudity? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legalize public nudity?  (Read 37280 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 26, 2007, 06:39:22 PM »

I don't have any huge problem with it.  I like wearing clothes, but I don't have any awful hang-ups about nudity.  The fact that people are going "but ugly people!" alone is the problem - nudity is sexualized in America.  It's very hard to change that.  I don't think doing so is an urgent concern.  I don't blame people for feeling that way, though; it's part of our culture.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2007, 03:21:54 PM by Alcon »

Their is such thing as public decency. You have a right not to see old people nipples

You're not much of a libertarian, are you?  More of a "libertarian except in things that discomfort me and/or would directly affect me" kind of deal.  Very Rocky Mountains.

It's really not an aesthetic issue.  If you're bothered by the nudity, you're sexualizing it. 
That's your choice, but stuff like that wouldn't upset you if you didn't.  Obviously the outright thought of naked old/fat people bothers me too, but I know that's not really rational and is more societal conditioning.

If it got to the point where you were used to it, it wouldn't be much more gross than obese people clothed.  (Edit: Stop that, Gabu Tongue)

I don't really see why you're so much less bothered with seeing heterosexual men named than homosexual ones, either.  Tongue  (I'm just yanking your chain a little there; I know what you're going for.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies