SPC vs. Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:48:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SPC vs. Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SPC vs. Atlasia  (Read 3029 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: March 10, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »

I thank the Justice. I apologize for my lack of action in this case. I've been really busy these past few days, but I will have the brief tomorrow.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

Argument for the Defense:

The Constitution of Atlasia states:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Smoking is a danger to the public health. The damage inflicted to a non-smoker who is in the vicinity of a smoker is greater than the actual damage afflicted to the smoker, and it stands to reason that this would be a danger to the Public Health.

Furthermore, this bill only outlaws smoking in public areas and not areas that are privately owned. These areas include parks, libraries, schools, etc. The Government has responsibility over these locations, and it has a responsibility to preserve the public health.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »

Neither party has even pretended to answer these questions, which are the only ones I care about.

As some preliminary questions from the CJ, even though this isn't in the cert, I'm going to ask:

1) How does the 22nd amendment impact this case?
2) What does the statute mean when it says that the places covered by "buildings and establishments open to the public?"  Does this mean every federal/regional/private place that is commonly open to the public?  Does it mean something even broader than that?  Or something more narrow?  What I'm getting at is what is the "line" in application.

I apologize, you Honor.

1. The 22nd Amendment clearly states:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
So, for example, what if a public official worked in a park? Smoking in a park would be detrimental to their health, and could lead to them having to either quit their job, or die.
2. I believe that this applies to all buildings, parks, libraries, schools, etc. operated by the Federal government and/or a Regional government.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »

I thank the Court for their decision. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies