Should homeschooling be banned? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:05:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should homeschooling be banned? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should homeschooling be banned?
Yes

Yes if the parent is not a certified teacher

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Should homeschooling be banned?  (Read 26709 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: July 05, 2008, 11:04:49 PM »

Only if the parent is certfied but I don't understand why some get all flustered up about banning it or even certifying parents. Sure I don't think it is wise to homeschool children and I don't think it helps kids at all but rather shelter them but it is not the government's job to decide what is best for your kid unless it is common knowlede.

With regards to certifying parents I think the process should be easy, straight forward and take a very small amount of time. They do not need to be trained extensivley but the government should provide a slew of resources to help parents teach their kids if they are homeschooled.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 11:08:26 PM »

Only if the parent is certfied but I don't understand why some get all flustered up about banning it or even certifying parents. Sure I don't think it is wise to homeschool children and I don't think it helps kids at all but rather shelter them but it is not the government's job to decide what is best for your kid unless it is common knowlede.

With regards to certifying parents I think the process should be easy, straight forward and take a very small amount of time. They do not need to be trained extensivley but the government should provide a slew of resources to help parents teach their kids if they are homeschooled.

Why try to break down what's worked in human society for hundreds of years before government engineered thought factories?
Ooops probably misread my post. What I meant to say was that those who want to ban it or make parents get certified need to learn that sometimes there are special cases for kids and the government should never decide what is wrong or right for those parents.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:24:45 PM »

Because I don't believe sheltering children is giving them liberty.

And it doesn't work into the lefts plan of brainwashing children either, isn't that right Mongo?
Were you ever in a public school? Just curious.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:28:24 PM »

And it doesn't work into the lefts plan of brainwashing children either, isn't that right Mongo?

No, thank God. Catholic school for all 12 years.
Exactly, you have never experience one so you have no idea whether they brainwash or not and the answer is they don't. They are actually run quite well in a majority of areas and if you really believe the teaching is as crappy as it is then why would you think anyone would be brainwashed?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »

No, thank God. Catholic school for all 12 years.
Exactly, you have never experience one so you have no idea whether they brainwash or not and the answer is they don't. They are actually run quite well in a majority of areas and if you really believe the teaching is as crappy as it is then why would you think anyone would be brainwashed?

Actually, I have quite a bit of experience with public schools my daughter goes to one. Of course the one she goes to is a charter school and it teaches religious values as well. However, it still is a public school. It's pretty good for a public school but of course they only take the really good kids from all the other crappy schools in the area. When my daughter went to one of those crappy public schools she was in first grade and they were already then trying to brainwash them with the global warming lie.
lol You know greenhouse gases do exist right? I am not trying to be an asshole but I really don't remember ever being taught anything about global warming in first grade, just the idea that gas can pollute things(which it does). Well anyways I go to a Charter school too and I can say that the brainwashing works both ways, my Civics teacher was a hardcore Republican and taught what she believed to the class and to the point where it pissed me off severly and I argued quite a bit.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 10:25:41 PM »

No. Heck, all the homeschooled kids I know are just as smart as me, if not smarter. They have more one on one time.

SO TRUE.  I am a huge beleiver in home schooling.  The church we have been visiting really promotes it as an alternative to the liberal indoctrination handed out in government schools.

You know, it's interesting.  The very fact that this question is being asked PROVES how intolerant the liberal left is.  Of course home schools should not be banned.  What is this?  Soviet Russia? 
Which church do you go to?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies