Should homeschooling be banned? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:21:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should homeschooling be banned? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should homeschooling be banned?
Yes

Yes if the parent is not a certified teacher

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Should homeschooling be banned?  (Read 26699 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 06, 2008, 09:18:09 AM »

I agree with Storebought and Philip btw. Which makes me feel a little... odd. Only in America (and possibly Canada I'm unsure of the situation there) is home schooling associated with religion. Actually in Europe its usually seen as a left wing fad.
It's NOT just a religious thing, the left in this country just like to paint that it is (which is why they are against it.  Bitching about how it will make for socially awkward children is just reasoning after they've made up their mind on the subject).  Many NON-fundies home school their kids, ignorance from Democrats isn't going to change that reality.  I'm not sure how or why it's turned out this way, I would assume that the left would be for home schooling as well.  Some of the blame might go to the two major teachers unions being very much against it (they don't like competition), they have a decent amount of power.  That combined with the way the Fundies have embraced it is probably most of the reason the left is against it.  Now getthing them to admit as much, well that's the challenge. Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 11:05:53 PM »

Making it illegal to put something in your body you grew in your backyard is close.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies