opinion of tea baggers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:12:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  opinion of tea baggers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
freedom fighters

horrible people

they're funny

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: opinion of tea baggers  (Read 11728 times)
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« on: April 16, 2009, 05:53:46 AM »

Behold, the first post-modern protest: manufactured artificially by a cable news station for the benefit of its cable news viewers and composed of those same viewers.

I loathe America. These protesters are puppets.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:59:29 AM »

Also: say what you will of the 'left-bias' of CNN or MSNBC, but those stations don't function as organs of the Democratic Party. I can no longer distinguish FOX from the RNC.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »

The anger over this is hilarious.  Please, keep it up.

'Anger'? More like, 'bemused resignation to the inevitable failure of American democracy as an institution'.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:57:16 AM »

Shut the f**k up with calling me a member of 'the left'. I'm an actual libertarian, whereas you're just  a cornshucker from Nebraska.

And I'm not 'jealous'; I'm mortified. 'The left', whatever that is, in this nation, is far too weak on its own to seize and hold power. The right, on the other hand, and the millions of unblinking, unthinking pissants who swear fealty to it, is always one demagogue away from burning down Washington and claiming power for itself. That you see no problem with this style of reverse-Jacksonian populism belies your own true sympathies.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 08:03:48 AM »

Also, here's something you probably haven't thought of, being a mindless Dittohead, but we need a strong, activist Left, to counteract the militant Right, as well as visa versa: as long as the extremes are roughly equal, free men need not fear either one or the other. But in America we have a potent far-right movement with no leftist counterpart; our 'left' amounts to a great many scene hipsters and corporate liberals.

You'd be right at home in Bibleland, as I'm pretty sure your yellow avatar is just for show. I'd not and never would be, and towards that end I'd support even revolutionary Marxists if it meant restoring some semblance of balance to American politics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies