Vive Le Hughes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:43:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vive Le Hughes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Vive Le Hughes  (Read 57727 times)
Historico
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »

A solid, and welcomed update Nik...Robinson is proving to be a strong President of almost Rooseveltian Standars, a nice steward for the Prosperity of the Roaring Twenties...However it's unclear if the party bosses will put up with his brashness come '28....Im still hoping for a Ford Presidency!!!
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »

I thought that if Hughes won, WWI would end on a different date due to the butterfly effect.
The butterfly effect doesn't automatically mean something happens/doesn't happen. Example: Just because Hughes was President instead of Wilson doesn't mean the League of Nations won't be formed.

Right - a lot of Wilson's ideas actually had strong support across the spectrum and had been advocated by many others. Also, a lot of the European border settlements post-war were actually pretty pre-determined. Austria-Hungary had collapsed and the various successor states were already establishing themselves and putting facts on the ground, and a similar situation was occurring in Prussian Poland.

Wilson's intransigence wound up alienating a lot of potential allies in Congress, including many on the Republican side. But that opposition obscures the fact that many of the things Wilson pushed for would have been pushed by Hughes or Roosevelt too.
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2010, 04:45:25 PM »

Those Great American Fighting Men

As Hughes settled into the presidency, a longing action from Theodore Roosevelt immediately overcame him. TR wanted to resign and lead a division in the war. Shocked, Hughes immediately said no, much to Roosevelt's dismay. Hughes appealed to his calmer, more ambitious side, though, saying "I need you here, I cannot have a useful adviser killed in action. Don't you think I want to be over there too, right where young Charlie is? I can't. Our times as fighters have passed, Theodore. We are working men, it is our job to oversee and plan this war; Not fight it". Roosevelt accepted the fact and was even somewhat convinced he was wrong. Privately, Hughes had another motive; He did not want to end up as Bill Taft.

General John Joseph "Black Jack" Pershing
Leader of the American Expeditionary Force

War Production and Troop Recruitment had begun to rapidly rise, and after American General John Joseph "Black Jack" Pershing was withdrawn from the hunt for Pancho Villa, he was promoted by Hughes to oversee the American Expeditionary Force in April, and due to the quick and fast drilling of recruits by the administration in March and April, by early June there were already 22,000 soldiers in France. While the American "doughboys" weren't as experienced as the French and British troops, they provided good support. A key decision of Hughes was to enter the war as an Allied Power, not as an individual fighting force like Pershing wanted. Hughes argued that it was the polite and honorable action to take, saying "Our new friends would not take kindly to an individual military walking into their country". In order to create a full understanding between the Entente powers, he sent Secretary Root to make a tour of Western Europe.

On the home front, antiwar demonstrations grew. Hughes was suggested by advisers to pass a sedition act in June, but he turned it down, declaring that it would be an affront to personal liberty. Former President Wilson felt Hughes had missed a big opportunity, feeling that he could have silenced many of his detractors. Nevertheless, Hughes continued with his "Personal Liberty" policy and allowed the demonstrations to continue.

In July and August, African American discontent finally boiled over, as tensions escalated into rioting. President Hughes would respond immediately, announcing support for the African American community in their peril. He would unveil plans to seek a federal anti-lynching law, along with uniform support for civil rights. In a stroke of fierce moral authority, Hughes sent in the National Guard to protect black citizens from harm. WEB DuBois applauded the action, praising Hughes as a "Second Lincoln".

By December, Americans were in the trenches fighting, and notably proving to be a turning point in the war for the Allies. Victory had yet to come; But hopes were raised.

Next Time: The Debacle of 1918 and 1919

Just out of curiosity - I know I'm late to this TL - but why does Hughes pick Pershing, when Republicans in real-life were pushing Leonard Wood?
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2010, 04:50:16 PM »

As Hughes settled into the presidency, a longing action from Theodore Roosevelt immediately overcame him. TR wanted to resign and lead a division in the war. Shocked, Hughes immediately said no, much to Roosevelt's dismay. Hughes appealed to his calmer, more ambitious side, though, saying "I need you here, I cannot have a useful adviser killed in action. Don't you think I want to be over there too, right where young Charlie is? I can't. Our times as fighters have passed, Theodore. We are working men, it is our job to oversee and plan this war; Not fight it". Roosevelt accepted the fact and was even somewhat convinced he was wrong. Privately, Hughes had another motive; He did not want to end up as Bill Taft.

War Production and Troop Recruitment had begun to rapidly rise, and after American General John Joseph "Black Jack" Pershing was withdrawn from the hunt for Pancho Villa, he was promoted by Hughes to oversee the American Expeditionary Force in April, and due to the quick and fast drilling of recruits by the administration in March and April, by early June there were already 22,000 soldiers in France. While the American "doughboys" weren't as experienced as the French and British troops, they provided good support. A key decision of Hughes was to enter the war as an Allied Power, not as an individual fighting force like Pershing wanted. Hughes argued that it was the polite and honorable action to take, saying "Our new friends would not take kindly to an individual military walking into their country". In order to create a full understanding between the Entente powers, he sent Secretary Root to make a tour of Western Europe.

On the home front, antiwar demonstrations grew. Hughes was suggested by advisers to pass a sedition act in June, but he turned it down, declaring that it would be an affront to personal liberty. Former President Wilson felt Hughes had missed a big opportunity, feeling that he could have silenced many of his detractors. Nevertheless, Hughes continued with his "Personal Liberty" policy and allowed the demonstrations to continue.

In July and August, African American discontent finally boiled over, as tensions escalated into rioting. President Hughes would respond immediately, announcing support for the African American community in their peril. He would unveil plans to seek a federal anti-lynching law, along with uniform support for civil rights. In a stroke of fierce moral authority, Hughes sent in the National Guard to protect black citizens from harm. WEB DuBois applauded the action, praising Hughes as a "Second Lincoln".

By December, Americans were in the trenches fighting, and notably proving to be a turning point in the war for the Allies. Victory had yet to come; But hopes were raised.

Just out of curiosity - I know I'm late to this TL - but why does Hughes pick Pershing, when Republicans in real-life were pushing Leonard Wood?

Yeah, I read of that. I figured that Hughes would have chosen a more "moderate" approach, ignoring the grandstanding bosses of his party. Plus, Pershing's nomination fit better, as I wanted a more cooperative, and less saber rattling, American head in Europe.

To be honest, though, I didn't give it much thought. Thanks for the question.
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

Yeah, I read of that. I figured that Hughes would have chosen a more "moderate" approach, ignoring the grandstanding bosses of his party. Plus, Pershing's nomination fit better, as I wanted a more cooperative, and less saber rattling, American head in Europe.

Gotcha. BTW, I'll echo others' comments. This is one of the best What-ifs on this board. Great job.

I wonder if Democratic control of the WH during the 20s will mean that Republicans will come to power during the Depression and institute something like the New Deal. That would likely result in Democrats emerging from the '30s as the more-conservative of the two major parties, and Republicans as the liberals.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2010, 08:06:06 PM »

Gotcha. BTW, I'll echo others' comments. This is one of the best What-ifs on this board. Great job.

I wonder if Democratic control of the WH during the 20s will mean that Republicans will come to power during the Depression and institute something like the New Deal. That would likely result in Democrats emerging from the '30s as the more-conservative of the two major parties, and Republicans as the liberals.

Thanks - We'll see how it all turns out. I think I have everything in order, or know everything i want to do.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2010, 08:30:51 PM »

I think the Great Depression might be much less severe since I'm not sure if Robinson will raise tariffs if the stock market crash occurs under his watch. I think that back then the Dems were the more free-trade party.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »

Great TL!
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2010, 06:30:49 PM »

Thanks; I think I may be able to get an update on the 1928 elections tonight, and if not, by next weekend.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2010, 06:51:09 PM »

Go Robinson 1928!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2010, 01:11:07 PM by NiK »

With the 70th Congress convening, and Democratic majorities in the house expanded, President Robinson would outline specific policy recommendations. First, Robinson requested additional funding in relief efforts for the Honshu earthquake in Japan. Second, he would ask for monetary aid for farmers, in order to help them adapt to the "prosperous" society. The La Follette-Underwood Act of 1927 would allow the government to "buy up" surplus crops to sell (often at a loss) overseas. Despite heckling by Henry Ford and other "grand-standers" , it would narrowly be passed through the Senate. A third proposal, the establishment of an old age pensions system, faded away fairly quickly after the bill was defeated in the House.

Robinson would have much less to do then initially expected, as most of his requests were granted by the Congress. In a ceremonial event, he welcomed home Charles Lindbergh, the first man to fly across the Atlantic without stopping to refuel. Declaring "Charles Lindbergh isn't just an icon, he is a hero, and you damned well better know I mean what I say" he solidified a friendship with the young pilot.

During the Winter, President Robinson would make his first official trip overseas, traveling to American-governed Iraq and Palestine. Meeting with Governors Roosevelt and Pomerene, the three men discussed plans for Middle Eastern independence. The fifteen year goal could still be met, but it would require significant effort. Robinson decided that extending our occupation another five years, to the period of 1938-1940, would be more efficient.

President Robinson with Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt of Iraq.

As the election approached, some party members were beginning to question whether the President was fit for another term. Despite high levels of prosperity, his deep southern background was a cause for concern for many. A segregationist, Robinson felt that "Blacks deserve what they get, nothing more". While he enjoyed high poll ratings because of the economy, it was clear that he was going to face an unusually difficult re-election challenge.

The Democratic Nomination:

To inaugurate the campaign season, Robinson embarked on an unprecedented forty-eight state tour. Speaking to the people, the President made the case that the Republicans ought not to be trusted with the reins of power. At the convention, the President was embarrassingly re-nominated on the second ballot, as he failed to grab the two-thirds majority requirement on the first ballot. For Vice President, Robinson had a variety of choices to recommend. Finally, he settled on the choice of Newton Baker, a cabinet member in both Wilson administrations. Robinson's preference of Newton Baker delighted the convention, and they eagerly nominated him.

The Republican Nomination:

Although they seemed weak on paper going into the election, the Republicans felt that they had an excellent chance to bring down President Robinson. Unfortunately, much of the party could not settle on a nominee, and no clear frontrunner emerged. Arriving at the convention were Charles Curtis, Frank Lowden, and Charles Dawes, with each man wanting to overcome the other. Curtis would lead on the first, second, and third ballot, but gradually delegates drifted away from him and moved to other candidates. Dawes and Lowden saw rises in support, as the two fiercely became locked in a fierce struggle. Curtis, reduced to third place, was given the opportunity to play kingmaker and after much deliberation, he decided to endorse Lowden. In turn, Curtis was given the Vice Presidency, and Dawes was given the offer to become Treasury Secretary in the new administration.

The Election of 1928:

With the tickets set in place, the general election formally began. The Democrats chose a theme of "Steady Leadership", making examples of Robinson's leadership at home and abroad and how it has led to a dynamic America. Robinson, however, preferred to make attacks, telling the public of Lowden's incompetence and his "Laughable tenure as a statesman". Lowden fought back vigorously, charging that Robinson has been "A complete and utter failure... I cannot imagine what catastrophes would await us should he be given another term". The average voter, however, would overlook the narratives and look at their lives and the state of the nation. By this issue, Joseph T. Robinson would sweep to re-election.

Electoral Vote:

Robinson/Baker: 306
Lowden/Curtis: 225

Popular Vote:

Robinson/Baker: 51.7%
Lowden/Curtis: 46.6%

1928 Congressional Elections:

Democrats would receive one of the largest majorities in American history, indicating the national mood. The people were pleased with their lives, and were content to see the Democratic Party remain in power in Washington.

Senate Results:

Democrats: 57 (+3)
Republicans: 39 (-3)

House Results:

Democrats: 246 (+4)
Republicans: 189 (-4)

Next Update: A New Crisis
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2010, 10:51:23 PM »

NEW UPDATE! Anyway, I went back and tweaked a bit of the timeline to make it more eye-pleasing. Can anyone notify me if they cannot see any specific images, such as the ones before the introduction of a new Presidential term? Thanks.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2010, 11:15:33 PM »

I'm surprised that Robinson's reelection was relatively narrow (in comparison to Wilson's in 1924). I know about his racism, but I don't think too many voters would care about it if the economy was good (except African-Americans, but they wouldn't vote for the Democrats anyway at this point in time). I think the Fed will begin raising rates in 1929-1930 as they did in RL and thus cause the stock market bubble to pop. I wonder whether Robinson will raise tariffs (my hunch is no), since it could determine whether unemployment peaks at 10-15% or at 20-30% (as in RL).
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2010, 11:19:29 PM »

I'm surprised that Robinson's reelection was relatively narrow (in comparison to Wilson's in 1924). I know about his racism, but I don't think too many voters would care about it if the economy was good (except African-Americans, but they wouldn't vote for the Democrats anyway at this point in time). I think the Fed will begin raising rates in 1929-1930 as they did in RL and thus cause the stock market bubble to pop. I wonder whether Robinson will raise tariffs (my hunch is no), since it could determine whether unemployment peaks at 10-15% or at 20-30% (as in RL).

Well, I couldn't have it be too big. Robinson had deficits to overcome, and this is basically a generic map. It was closer then expected, but Robinson went to bed early knowing he'd won. The real strength was Lowden and Curtis, as they appealed to Midwestern states, and lost Nebraska, The Dakotas, and Colorado relatively narrowly.
Historico
United States

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2010, 11:49:06 PM »

Awesome update Nik, Although I was really gunning for a Ford Presidency, I think with Robinson's ebulient attitude, his own term will prove to be very interesting...I am actually not suprised that the election was this close due to it being to probable Democratic Voting fatiuge...Keep it comming
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2010, 11:52:10 PM »

Awesome update Nik, Although I was really gunning for a Ford Presidency, I think with Robinson's ebulient attitude, his own term will prove to be very interesting...I am actually not suprised that the election was this close due to it being to probable Democratic Voting fatiuge...Keep it comming

The GOP won all three Presidential elections in the 1920s in massive landslides. In this scenario, the economy is just as good in the 1920s as it was in RL, yet Democratic victories in 1924 and 1928 in this TL are much narrower than they were for the GOP in RL.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »

The GOP won all three Presidential elections in the 1920s in massive landslides. In this scenario, the economy is just as good in the 1920s as it was in RL, yet Democratic victories in 1924 and 1928 in this TL are much narrower than they were for the GOP in RL.

Well, the political realignment still favors the Republican Party. The fact that Democrats have controlled the White House 12/16, and now 16/20, since they first took power in 1912 is remarkable and the results of events outside their control.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2010, 03:50:39 PM »

Any other readers have any opinions/suggestions before the next update?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »

Any other readers have any opinions/suggestions before the next update?

Good stuff, great timeline.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2010, 01:24:03 AM »
« Edited: May 15, 2010, 11:15:51 PM by NiK »

The Second Term of Joseph T. Robinson

"As President, I can assure you, the American people, that this day heralds the beginning of four more years of growth. Never before have we been so close to eradicating the chilling aspects of weakness; Those who oppose us in our goals are backward not just in mind but in merit. President Robinson's inaugural would, in due time, cast a shadow over the man's presidency for years to come.

In the meantime, Robinson quickly would act on his campaign promises. With one of the largest majorities in the history of the country, it would be exceptionally difficult for anything to defeat his agenda. Meeting with Speaker John McDuffie, he would earn full support for his measures.

In the spirit of Theodore Roosevelt, the National Expansion Act of 1929 would set aside 3 million acres of national parks and 2.3 million acres of national forests. Crafted in a bipartisan manner, it was viewed by the public in a sense of astonishment that both parties were working together to meet standards and help the nation.

Since the La Follette-Underwood Act of 1927 was only for a limited amount of time, President Robinson sternly recommended that Congress pass The Agriculture Assistance Act, which would set up a Federal Farm Board and make the provisions offered in the prior bill permanent. Henry Ford, who choked at this idea, could not defeat the power of President Robinson, no matter how hard he tried.

On August 4th, President Robinson would be presented with what would become the most fateful bill in his tenure: The Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act. Co-authored by Senator Reed Smoot (R- UT) and Representative Willis Hawley (R-OH), the bill would sharply raise tariffs on imported goods. President Robinson, seeing that the bill would do little harm and would aid the embattled lower classes, prepared to sign the bill, despite petitions from economists about the measure. Senator Henry Ford, however, could stand the President no longer. Marching straight into the White House, he demanded to meet with the President. "Mr. President, Ford said, this bill is an utter mess. It would lead to an economic catastrophe, and any sane man would veto this stupid bill." Ford's words made the President shake his hand in anger. Taking his glasses off in anger, the President finally burst: "Mr. Ford, you are an ignorant mechanic whose qualifications to be a Senator are lackluster. Your arrogance in coming to me and threatening me is astounding. Get out of my office, now!." Ford, in a fit of anger, left the room, warning the President: "This is a fatal error. In due time, you will know it. The whole country will know it. And by then, it will have been too late."

Fallout from the American hike on tariffs, as Ford predicted, ensured quickly. Canada, the largest trade partner of the United States, would earnestly raise rates against American products. All around the world, foreign governments would quickly impose new tariffs and restrictions on American goods. In addition, the Federal Reserve would continue its own raising of rates, with little observance to outside events. Finally, on October 1st, a day henceforth known as Black Tuesday, America's stock market would begin to tumble. After losing near-20% of its value in September, 13 million shares are traded away that Tuesday. The next day, the Dow lost an additional 11% of its value, and on "Black Thursday", the Dow lost a whopping 14% of its value. The three multi-diget crashes would wipe out a mesmerizing figure of $30 Billion from the New York Stock Exchange, a figure almost ten times greater then the annual budget of the federal government.

President Robinson would speak with the most renowned economists of his time, hoping that the crisis was only temporary. Much to his dismay, he was given conflicting answers and a variety of different ideas. He would address the now-suffering American people on the crisis, declaring: "This crisis is temporary, the markets will almost certainly rebound over the next few months to prior levels." However, once again to his great sadness, no major rebound would come.

A Robinsonville.

All throughout 1930, the President would focus on a variety of different ways to cure the economy; trying anything that he felt had a possibility of working. The Revenue Act of 1930 would raise income taxes on the highest incomes from 25% to 60%. The estate tax was doubled and corporate taxes were raised by a quarter. The Mexican Repatriation Act would remove Mexicans and Mexican Americans from America in a forced relocation, as many believed them usurpers of American jobs. In addition, as anti-immigrant hysteria swept the nation, President Robinson would agree to a national quota that would restrict the amount of immigrants allowed in each year to 150,000. Some public works programs were enacted, however the number remained fractionally small to the plans and ideas proposed by Herbert Hoover, Robert La Follette, and Franklin Roosevelt. As "Robinsonvilles" began propping up around the nation, the president's popularity sunk.

1930 Congressional Elections:

The Republican Party easily labeled the frantic President Robinson and Democratic majorities as responsible for "The greatest depression in American history." Calling for a number of public works programs and substantial government efforts to aid the afflicted nation, the progressive wing of the Republicans established full control of the party. Republicans swept both houses of Congress in a landslide, prompting the incoming Speaker Carl Bachmann to launch his new "Contract with America."

Senate Results:

Republicans: 51 (+12)
Democrats: 45 (-12)

House Results:

Republicans: 266 (+77)
Democrats: 166 (-80)
Farmer-Labor: 3 (+3)

Next Update: The Contract With America
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2010, 01:39:39 AM »

Good so far, but I think the GOP gained way too many seats in the Senate in 1930. There were only 33 Senate seats (I believe) for election that year, and the GOP had some of those Senate seats before 1930, so I seriously doubt the Democrats would lose all (or almost all) their Senate seats that were up for election that year. A more realistic gain for be 10 Senate seats for the Republicans. In 1930 in RL the Democrats gained 8 Senate seats, and the absolute maximum that the Democrats could have picked up that year was 20 Senate seats. I seriously doubt that the GOP will win the absolute maximum number of seats up for election that year--some Democratic incumbents in the South will survive. You know that only one-third of all seats in the Senate are up for election every two years, right? Other than that, keep up the good work.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2010, 01:44:41 AM »

Good so far, but I think the GOP gained way too many seats in the Senate in 1930. There were only 33 Senate seats (I believe) for election that year, and the GOP had some of those Senate seats before 1930, so I seriously doubt the Democrats would lose all (or almost all) their Senate seats that were up for election that year. A more realistic gain for be 10 Senate seats for the Republicans. In 1930 in RL the Democrats gained 8 Senate seats, and the absolute maximum that the Democrats could have picked up that year was 20 Senate seats. I seriously doubt that the GOP will win the absolute maximum number of seats up for election that year--some Democratic incumbents in the South will survive. You know that only one-third of all seats in the Senate are up for election every two years, right? Other than that, keep up the good work.

Well, perhaps, but I noticed that the Democrats were *really* overinflated from their victories prior. I mean, who could imagine a Democratic majority of 58 in the twenties? Unthinkable. In RL 1928, The Democrats had 35 seats, so I just pushed them down to those levels.

Yes I know that one third of seats are up at midterms.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »

Well, perhaps, but I noticed that the Democrats were *really* overinflated from their victories prior. I mean, who could imagine a Democratic majority of 58 in the twenties? Unthinkable. In RL 1928, The Democrats had 35 seats, so I just pushed them down to those levels.

Even if the Dems were overinflated from their RL levels, that doesn't mean they will lose that much seats at once. Maybe in two elections, but since only one-third of Senate seats are up for election, that just seems to much to lose in one election. I'm assming you're not keeping a chart of which Senators are up for election are which ones are not? If not, I would honestly suggest making the Democrats lose about 10 seats. It's just so much more realistic. I seriously doubt there would be 21 vulnerable Democrats in that one election cycle--maybe in two or three election cycles, but not in one.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2010, 01:52:53 AM »

Even if the Dems were overinflated from their RL levels, that doesn't mean they will lose that much seats at once. Maybe in two elections, but since only one-third of Senate seats are up for election, that just seems to much to lose in one election. I'm assming you're not keeping a chart of which Senators are up for election are which ones are not? If not, I would honestly suggest making the Democrats lose about 10 seats. It's just so much more realistic. I seriously doubt there would be 21 vulnerable Democrats in that one election cycle--maybe in two or three election cycles, but not in one.

Well... ok. I'll change the seats to a net loss of sixteen instead.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2010, 01:54:57 AM »

Well... ok. I'll change the seats to a net loss of sixteen instead.

Well, I am keeping (somewhat) of a chart, but I've been focusing on the people who are most crucial to the timeline working. I'm just a bit too lazy to go through everything, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies