County Maps, 1840-Present (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:25:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  County Maps, 1840-Present (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: County Maps, 1840-Present  (Read 27684 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« on: August 16, 2010, 03:06:37 PM »

This is amazing. Thank you. How long did it take you to do this? Must have took you at least several months, I'm guessing. Did you ever think about posting your link to your PowerPoint on Wikipedia so that someone there could make county maps of all the elections (they already made some county maps, but not for all the elections)?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »

This is amazing. Thank you. How long did it take you to do this? Must have took you at least several months, I'm guessing. Did you ever think about posting your link to your PowerPoint on Wikipedia so that someone there could make county maps of all the elections (they already made some county maps, but not for all the elections)?

I did it over summer vacation two years back.

They are using edited (colors flipped that is) versions of my maps on the 1860, 1892, 1896, 1900, 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928, 1932, and 1936 maps on Wikipedia already, as those are the only full maps I've put on Photobucket.

Maybe you should put the rest of the maps you made on Photobucket. I mean, if you have the time. You already made the maps, so putting them on Photobucket should be pretty quick.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:27:16 PM »

I did it over summer vacation two years back.

They are using edited (colors flipped that is) versions of my maps on the 1860, 1892, 1896, 1900, 1912, 1920, 1924, 1928, 1932, and 1936 maps on Wikipedia already, as those are the only full maps I've put on Photobucket.

Maybe you should put the rest of the maps you made on Photobucket. I mean, if you have the time. You already made the maps, so putting them on Photobucket should be pretty quick.

I can put some more up. I only want to put up the maps that have the final county boundary corrections made, which I haven’t done for a number of the maps…it takes a while to do.

I can start working on it.

Oh, all right. Well, take your time. But when you do have some spare time, adding one or two more full maps to Photobucket would be nice. Thanks again. You have put a huge amount of effort into this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies