Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:15:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Estimates for 2007 -> 2010 Apportionment  (Read 22756 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: January 13, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »

At least a reapportionment in WA isn't gerrymandered. Other states need to follow WA and Arizona.
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 01:59:35 AM »

Thanks for making maps. I'm a visual person.

I see a few problems:
First Map (9 districts)
-The yellow district isn't really connected. The biggest issue is Clallam and Kitsap. This also makes the dark green district disconnected as well because SW King County and Jefferson County do not go together (culturally).
-Other than that there are only a few minor changes you could make, but it looks like you tried really hard. The biggest problem is that some counties just have to be split up, and placed with similar counties otherwise there are geographical dissimilarities.

Second Map (10)
-I really like parts of this map, and I really dislike other parts of it.
-The Olympic Peninsula district looks really well balanced.
-The rest of Western WA looks fine, except my dislike for the Kitsap county with the yellow. I really like the light green district (despite its appearance as a Republican district that I would live in), because it matches the people well.
-The biggest issue is with the 3 E. WA districts. The Tri-Cities are split (Pasco is in a different district) and East Wenatchee (in Douglas County) is split from Wenatchee (Chelan County).

Good job on the maps!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies