tb Mini Tl's
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:04:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  tb Mini Tl's
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: tb Mini Tl's  (Read 2773 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »

1968:

President Kennedy took office in 1965 feeling good after one of the biggest landslides in history, and was quite positive and hopeful in his inauguration address. "Ask not, what your country can do with you, ask what you can do with your country." The quote went on to become one of the main inaugural quotes in history.

President Kennedy got to work the day after the inauguration on his new Domestic programs, called the "Great Society", taken from one of Kennedy's speeches.  The President created several new programs including Medicaid, Medicare, and HUD ( Housing and Urban Development). Kennedy also increased funds in Education and poverty reduction programs.

The southern Democrats grew even more angry at President Kennedy thanks to the Voting Rights act of 1965, which eliminated the poll tax in the southern states. The Southern Democrats in Congress as a result left the party and joined either the Republicans, or the American Independent Party, which was created from the Dixiecrats and other independent parties.

Foreign Policy is also going good for America, despite problems for the country of Vietnam. The North turned communist and tried to take over the south, but the southern army thanks to equipment from the United States kept of the invasion.

America lost one of their great heroes in January 1967, when President Willkie died of a heart attack. A state funeral was held and President Kennedy spoke at the service.

President Kennedy announced he is running for another term in January 1968. Despite opposition from Senator Eugene McCarthy, the leader of the Hippie collation Kennedy won easy and chose VP Sanford again.

The Republicans choose New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller at a divided convention, made violent by Hippie riots. He choose Maryland Governor Spiro Agnew as his VP.

The American Independent Party sensing opportunity to make a statement nominated controversial Alabama Governor George Wallace to be the party nominee.

President Kennedy won re-election thanks to the divided conservative vote.

Kennedy/Sanford-304

Rockefeller/Agnew-131
Wallace/Lemay-103
Mikestone8
Rookie
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »

Small quibble. I don't see how Willkie wins New York but not Pennsylvania.

PA was traditionally one of the most Republican States, even staying loyal to Hoover in 1932. Wilson had lost it in 1912 even with the opposition split in two. If Wilkie gets NY, he surely gets PA as well.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 12:26:29 PM »

Small quibble. I don't see how Willkie wins New York but not Pennsylvania.

PA was traditionally one of the most Republican States, even staying loyal to Hoover in 1932. Wilson had lost it in 1912 even with the opposition split in two. If Wilkie gets NY, he surely gets PA as well.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »

Dude. Really. You put up a timeline and you're not responsive to quibbles, and you put up a picture saying "Does it look like I care", when you yourself have asked other people if they care.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 03:27:53 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2011, 03:39:55 PM by Michael Myers »

Dude. Really. You put up a timeline and you're not responsive to quibbles, and you put up a picture saying "Does it look like I care", when you yourself have asked other people if they care.

He's a newbie, he has no right to tell me how to right my tl's.  I may sound like a dick saying that, but when I started the same thing was said to me
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies