Out of the Blue: A President Reagan in '68 TL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:21:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out of the Blue: A President Reagan in '68 TL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Out of the Blue: A President Reagan in '68 TL  (Read 70943 times)
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« on: February 04, 2009, 07:43:54 AM »

Wow Historico!  I hadn't read this until recently and it's really fantastic!
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »

My one question is what is Ted Kennedy up to? I have to believe that he will be a candidate in 1980 if he wasn't in 1976.
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 04:20:39 PM »

Yeah. I agree with your minimalistic interpretation of butterflying. While I do think it holds sway in regards to who runs when, I think that AH's get into dangerous waters when they get into if someone dies or not when it's natural causes. As far as Chappaquidick, It wouldn't have happened if Kennedy had won, as it was one of Bobby's aides that died and it's very likely she would have been somewhere else that night.

As far as Teddy not running for President, I personally believe that he wanted, but the timing was never right. Too close to Chappaquiddick in '72, hostile political climate towards insiders in '76, too late post 1980. I feel like he botched the Mudd interview because he didn't want to come out and say that he was running for President because he felt that Carter was doing an awful job or that he felt the future of the Democratic Party was at stake. He tried to come up with a positive reason, and that became "Blacks, women, and minorities"
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:48:37 PM »

This is really good. A neat POD that a lot of people don't think of. It really is a neat list of presidents, unexpected but neat. This really shows your knowledge of politics.
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »

Keep on going this is the best one i read so far!. Just a little question, i am planning on doing one, but how do you get the pictures on the slides?

When your replying or posting it's the button directly underneath the italic button.

The HTML code is [img]. You just put the link to the image in there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies