52% of Republicans believe ACORN stole the election for Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:10:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  52% of Republicans believe ACORN stole the election for Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: 52% of Republicans believe ACORN stole the election for Obama  (Read 7231 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2009, 04:31:35 PM »

EVIDENCE PLEASE!

Seriously, RB. Everyone knows that Libertas is a lifetime member of the tin foil hat club, but you?!?

Please tell me you're really not this f^%&ing stupid.

What? You ARE? REALLY?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »

So let's see now, you are a "tin-foil hat" club member if you question the official government line on:

1) Bush stealing the elections in 2000 and 2004

2) Bush having foreknowledge of the 9/11 attacks

3) Widespread electoral fraud being a possibility

Anything else we should add to this list?

Remember, never question anything; always accept what you are told. Otherwise you are a terrist.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2009, 04:55:21 PM »

No one here has called you a terrorist. A paranoid idiot, maybe. But that's not the same thing.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »

No one here has called you a terrorist. A paranoid idiot, maybe. But that's not the same thing.
Come on, I want the full list. You should get your Index Quæstionum Prohibitorum published. Then we shall all have an easy reference to make sure we aren't asking questions we shouldn't be asking, lest we be revealed as "paranoid idiot".
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »

Come on, I want the full list. You should get your Index Quæstionum Prohibitorum published. Then we shall all have an easy reference to make sure we aren't asking questions we shouldn't be asking, lest we be revealed as "paranoid idiot".

I honestly haven't a clue as to what you're blathering on about. Have you considered seeing a shrink?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »

For once, we agree.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2009, 05:57:28 PM »

Haha, there is no way in hell that ACORN won the election for Obama. I'm not ruling out the possibility of fraud, but such is the case in all widespread elections.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2009, 06:13:37 PM »

I *SO* have my judging cap on reading this thread. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2009, 07:07:18 PM »

Ah, yes. It takes a Real Man to take quote out of context.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2009, 07:33:54 PM »

Wait, so now you've gone from arguing for county-level fudging (an argument you abandoned when I pointed out that there are observers for recounts) back to widespread without explaining why?

clearly all of this questioning of you indicates that we are sheeple
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »

Wait, so now you've gone from arguing for county-level fudging (an argument you abandoned when I pointed out that there are observers for recounts) back to widespread without explaining why?

clearly all of this questioning of you indicates that we are sheeple
I have never "argued" for anything other than the simple fact that the veracity of our elections is unprovable.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2009, 10:40:00 PM »

Well, obviously the 2008 result was far more likely to be the result of corruption than the 2000 result. Obama's margin was only approximately 9,500 times greater in the critical Electoral College victory state (Iowa 2008 vs. Florida 2000).
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2009, 01:59:08 AM »

52 percent of the Republican Party now represents about 10 percent of the country.  Thinking like this has significantly contributed to that fact.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2009, 02:33:53 AM »

Have 52% of Republicans (or Dems or Indys for that matter) even heard of ACORN?  I have serious doubts that half of the American public pays enough attention to politics that they know what it is.

This poll is probably just showing a "symbolic belief":

http://www.juliansanchez.com/2009/08/03/symbolic-belief/

as I think is also the case with much of the "birtherism" and "trutherism" that showed up in polls.  People are asked about some conspiracy theory (which they've probably never even heard before) that has to do with Obama, and because they don't like Obama, they say "yes, I agree with that".  Agreeing with the conspiracy theory is a symbolic way of voicing disapproval of Obama, but many of these people probably don't actually "believe that ACORN stole the election for Obama" in any serious way, just as I don't think nearly so many agreen with the 9/11 truthers as the polls suggested.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2009, 02:35:56 AM »

Have 52% of Republicans (or Dems or Indys for that matter) even heard of ACORN?  I have serious doubts that half of the American public pays enough attention to politics that they know what it is.

This poll is probably just showing a "symbolic belief":

http://www.juliansanchez.com/2009/08/03/symbolic-belief/

as I think is also the case with much of the "birtherism" and "trutherism" that showed up in polls.  People are asked about some conspiracy theory (which they've probably never even heard before) that has to do with Obama, and because they don't like Obama, they say "yes, I agree with that".  Agreeing with the conspiracy theory is a symbolic way of voicing disapproval of Obama, but many of these people probably don't actually "believe that ACORN stole the election for Obama" in any serious way, just as I don't think nearly so many agreen with the 9/11 truthers as the polls suggested.

Except 9/11 Truth is not a partisan issue.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2009, 02:59:00 AM »

I don't think they stole the election for Obama.  He won by too great of a margin for that to happen.  They did steal the senate seat in Minnesota though - that is for sure.  ACORN stealing the elections isn't the main problem though.  It is that they are funded by the government and are corrupt and only support one party.  It is also that Obama does favors for them.  He is so embedded in SEIU and ACORN.  Everything he does is for them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2009, 11:30:57 AM »

I don't think they stole the election for Obama.  He won by too great of a margin for that to happen.  They did steal the senate seat in Minnesota though - that is for sure.  ACORN stealing the elections isn't the main problem though.  It is that they are funded by the government and are corrupt and only support one party.  It is also that Obama does favors for them.  He is so embedded in SEIU and ACORN.  Everything he does is for them.

Oh yeah because ACORN is such a massive player here. That must be why when I search for ACORN in Minneapolis the main hit is a storage company called "Acorn Mini Storage". Yep, that evil omniscient ACORN is EVERYWHERE stealing elections!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2009, 02:55:26 PM »

They definitely stole NC and IN at the minimum. Perhaps even FL, OH, and VA.

It's POSSIBLE that they stole NC and IN.  It's not remotely possible that they stole FL, OH, or VA.  So they couldn't have possibly stole the election for Obama.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2009, 03:14:18 PM »

They definitely stole NC and IN at the minimum. Perhaps even FL, OH, and VA.

It's POSSIBLE that they stole NC and IN.  It's not remotely possible that they stole FL, OH, or VA.  So they couldn't have possibly stole the election for Obama.

I expected better from you than arguing with a mentaly handicapped person.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2009, 03:18:21 PM »

Yeah, I agree this is nuts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies