**BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:59:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  **BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: **BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network)  (Read 1958 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« on: July 15, 2004, 11:13:27 AM »
« edited: July 15, 2004, 11:29:00 AM by Senator John F. Kennedy, PPT »

StatesRights,

I think you are a bit misguided here.

The UAC did not drive Texasgurl out of the Senate. When I spoke to her, her reasoning behind it was that many left wing residents of District Three were encouraging others such as Nym90 and PBrunsel to run against her for the seat. She saw it that if they didn't support her, the people most like her politically, nobody did and so she saw little point in staying in the Senate.

If that is incorrect texasgurl, please correct me.

On the point of Dunn, well, the UAC was only established after he stated he would leave. Dunn's reasons for leaving were more to do with the civil war and progressive participation in it by Peter Bell and Emsworth, two prominent Progressives, neither of whom is now in the UAC.

On the point of Shapeshifter, well, I don't know why he left, I never asked so he never told. It could have been our fault but it could have been for other reasons. I don't really know.

On the point of tearing apart the institution. Get real States, do you really think Gustaf is trying to destroy the forums?

Even if he tried it would be possible to impeach him. Besides, he could have destroyed it a long time ago, he IS the moderator after all.

As I see it, it would be better for the institution if Gustaf's cabinet picks were confirmed and the cabinet set up, something Gustaf has been trying to do but some Senators have been getting in the way of. Notably Boss Tweed voting against every decision although that is more carrying through with his promise to oppose everything the Gustaf administration does.

Also the rejection of some choices seemingly based upon their party. I note that you StatesRights opposed the choices of Nym90 and Fritz, an Atlas Forum Indepence Party Member and a Democratic Party Member. I am not accusing you of anything here at all, you probably have your reasons, but, as I see it, having a cabinet would be better for the institution and setting up a cabinet is what Gustaf is trying to do.

Finally, you are not the only Senator introducing legislation, both Stevennick and myself have recently as has Beet and Harry was the Senator who introduced the home state bill after Fritz suggested it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 11:49:13 AM »

Ok now, enough is enough on this issue.

Reaganfan did not stronghand John Ford into giving him his delegates, you have heard that from BOTH Ford and Reaganfan.

As I see it, Ford decided to drop out and gave his delegates to reaganfan who was his biggest supporter and also really wanted to be President. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Then Stevennick chose to drop out by his choice which left reaganfan as the only candidate as Steven didn't allot his delegates to another person.

This meant that Reaganfan, despite having tied with Stevennick on the number of delegates (I think) won because Steven dropped out. Therefore, Reaganfan had the most delegates and thus won the nomination.

That is all that happened as I see it, no strongarming anybody.

Can we PLEASE forget about all this and move on? It happened the way it happened and Reaganfan dropped out anyway and Stevennick was the one right-wing candidate. End of story, that is that, case closed.

Can we have nothing more about this because Reaganfan didn't do anything wrong, nor did John Ford, nor did Stevennick.

It is all in the past so just leave it alone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies