**BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:24:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  **BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: **BREAKING NEWS** from the DNN (Dixie News Network)  (Read 1958 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« on: July 15, 2004, 03:07:12 AM »

Secretary of Defense.

And I will submit to a list of questions when you post them, though I do not expect anything to be learned by this investigation.

Here is the whole story on how I came to leave the Republican Party and how I made my choice to give my delegates to Reaganfan.  It was Reaganfan that convinced me to join the Presidential race.  I saw some polling data and felt I could win, and I felt that I had a good chance to win the nomination.  Over the course of the campaign, I came to believe that the moderates in the party had all left, and that the Republican Party had become a place where I was in a minority.

On Saturday, May 8th, 2004, the first day of the Republican Primaries in the Northeastern and Southeastern Regions, I posted this on the UAC Party Web site:

"To be honest, I've started to think I should ditch the Republicans and just join UAC.  They don't have it together, and that is very obvious.  Only one person has voted in the primary and Brunsel (Buchanan Wing) and Steven (Alan Keyes wing) have taken over.  We'll see how the first primary goes, but even if I win I'll probably still jump over to UAC."

On Sunday, StevenNick posted this, under a thread entitled "Ford the Fraud":

"Take a look at this:

http://www.kevnation.com/uacboards/viewtopic.php?t=25

Sorry to preempt your announcement, Ford, but I though that some of the republicans who just got duped into voting for you might want to know."

I responded that same day:

" Yes, its true.  I want nothing to do with the Republican Party on the fantasy board.  I'm officially leaving the party, dropping out of the Presidential race, and joining the UAC.  I am awarding my 150 delegates to Reaganfan, my strongest supporter.  What he does with them is his own business, I don't care anymore.

If you guys want to nominate Steven, fine, go get your butts kicked in the general.  If you want to nominate Reaganfan, fine, you'll lose that way too.  You could only manage 7 Republican voters in a hotly contested, exciting primary.  This is a sign that you guys are finished as a force on the fantasy board, and just as well.

Progressive.  Conservative.  Centrist.  Right for America.

I am joining the UAC.

I never wanted to run for President, I got drafted into this stupid thing.  I only wanted to be a Senator or something so I could have a nice title and vote on stuff.  Congratulations to StevenNick on his "win" in the primary.  I'm not totally sure why he felt the need to break the story of my defection, since come tomorrow, I'd have switched parties and dropped out of the race anyway.  I guess it was just that important to him not to let me break my own news.  Whatever.  Its now time for me to step aside and let Thelma (Steven) and Louise (PBrunsel) go off a cliff together at the end of the movie.

I apologize to anyone who invested any hope or energy in my campaign, but judging by how few people even showed up, I don't think it's a problem.

Reaganfan never asked for my delegates.  No one ever asked me to give up my delegates.  No one in the Party asked me to drop out of the race or to leave the GOP.  I and I alone made all of these decisions.  I do not harbor any animosity to StevenNick or to PBrunsel.  I harbor no animosity to the GOP or its leadership, current or former.

Thank you and good day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies