Bill Clinton enters race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:04:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Bill Clinton enters race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bill Clinton enters race  (Read 975 times)
Angel of Death
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:30:33 PM »

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bill_clinton_screw_it_im_running
NHPolitico

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 01:40:05 PM »

You know he's thinking it.  Like the article said, he's doing all the work of a candidate right now, any way.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 01:49:05 PM »

Right, I thought he was in it............BC's Legacy vs. The World.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »

Well, he might as be running. Bill's strident advocacy of Hillary is one of the three reasons why I've just withdrawn my endorsement

As a former president, Bill should not be actively involved in the Democratic primary for any candidate. He can be active all he likes, however, once the Democratic Party 1) decides on its presidential nominee and 2) once the nominee accepts the nomination

Dave
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »

As a former president, Bill should not be actively involved in the Democratic primary for any candidate. He can be active all he likes, however, once the Democratic Party 1) decides on its presidential nominee and 2) once the nominee accepts the nomination

I agree that he should not be involved this early in the process, especially since he's being the antagonist.  But then again, I'm not a big fan of the spouse of any candidate taking such an active speaking position to begin with.  They might be a touchy-feely introduction person before the candidate speaks, but beyond that, they should stay relatively quiet. 
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 02:27:24 PM »

Well, he might as be running. Bill's strident advocacy of Hillary is one of the three reasons why I've just withdrawn my endorsement

Dave

Wow, that's two forumers renouncing their support of Hillary in 3 day's. Both for basically the same reason too.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 02:42:40 PM »

I guess he woke up from the MLK ceremonies, then.

Talk about adding fuel to the Hillary race fire...
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »

Wait a second....I thought he was already running for President in 2008. This is the first time in my life that a former President has come out very strongly for their candidate. I don't think Carter, Reagan or Bush Senior brutally attacked their major opposition of their endorsed candidate. I think that in 1992 and 1996 Hillary Clinton ran for re-elected and gained a Penis, whilst Bill Clinton is running in his own right in 2008 and has gotten Hillary's menopause, thus the vendetta against Obama.
NHPolitico

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »

I think that in 1992 and 1996 Hillary Clinton ran for re-elected and gained a Penis, whilst Bill Clinton is running in his own right in 2008 and has gotten Hillary's menopause, thus the vendetta against Obama.

Thinking about Bill Clinton having a vagina is hilarious (like the womanizer in the movie Switch), but I don't really follow your point.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 04:45:59 PM »

LOL, only now read the article. Absolutely Hilarious.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »

I think my favorite part of the article was the very end:

"Clinton also noted that, if elected, the timing would be perfect for his family, as his wife has recently expressed a desire to move back to the D.C. area."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »

President Clinton has been doing lately what really makes me dislike him. ANGER. I hate angry people...especially when they act entiled to something. President Bush gets walked on by reporters from an Ireland news woman to Helen Thomas...but he takes it like a man. OH LORD...dare Chris Wallace ask Clinton a hard question....his eyes bug out...his face turns red...and he goes crazy. Same thing to the late Peter Jennings in 2004. "Don't go there, Peter".

Why the hell is it okay to walk on two-term President Bush but not two-term President Clinton?
Angel of Death
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »

President Clinton has been doing lately what really makes me dislike him. ANGER. I hate angry people...especially when they act entiled to something. President Bush gets walked on by reporters from an Ireland news woman to Helen Thomas...but he takes it like a man. OH LORD...dare Chris Wallace ask Clinton a hard question....his eyes bug out...his face turns red...and he goes crazy. Same thing to the late Peter Jennings in 2004. "Don't go there, Peter".

Why the hell is it okay to walk on two-term President Bush but not two-term President Clinton?

He's suffering from post-presidential stress disorder.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 10:08:34 PM »

Wouldn't you be angry too if the last woman you had sex with was Monica Lewinsky? Wink
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 10:18:49 PM »

Wouldn't you be angry too if the last woman you had sex with was Monica Lewinsky? Wink

I'd try and relax and maybe have a smoke.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 10:20:01 PM »

I'd try and relax and maybe have a smoke.

I guess anything's better than virginity Tongue
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »

Bill Clinton should buy an island with his recent $20 million cash windfall.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 11:49:11 PM »

This seems as good a thread as any to post this actual Bill Clinton quote from earlier today:

http://slate.com/blogs/blogs/trailhead/archive/2008/01/23/bills-peace-offering.aspx

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lol.  He really has no shame.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2008, 02:27:21 PM »

Compared to Monica/perjury, the Obama dust-up is small potatoes on the shame-o-meter.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies