Robocall attacks Kitten Killer Killary Klinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:50:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Robocall attacks Kitten Killer Killary Klinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Robocall attacks Kitten Killer Killary Klinton  (Read 4530 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: January 23, 2008, 10:16:53 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if this were a ploy to give Clinton something else to cry about Tongue
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:50:19 PM »

Change we can believe in huh?
If Obama's the nominee, I am leaving the party out of disgust.

Look up Robert Morrow; he's a radical conservative in Texas. This is not Obama's work.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:58:48 PM »

Change we can believe in huh?
If Obama's the nominee, I am leaving the party out of disgust.

Why? Do you have proof that Obama approves this message, much less that he had anything to do with it?

No, but MarkWarner08 clearly doesn't believe in what his candidate spouts, and there's precious little I share in common with someone who would approve of this trash.

Obviously, there are no Clinton supporters (or any supporter of anyone) who would feel the same way had this been a hitjob on someone they dislike.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 11:05:21 PM »

It's not just him. BRTD and Verily came in here and made positive comments about this.

This script goes far beyond anything levelled at Obama by any Clinton supporter. No Clinton supporter that I've ever heard has even gone so far as to say Obama is Muslim. This one says Clinton is complicit in rape.

If someone posted something about Obama being a Muslim and attending madrassas in Indonesia, etc. and a bunch of Democrats came on and made approving comments, I'd also wonder what I had in common with them.

Er... remind me where I expressed my support for this. I made a joke.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:04 PM »

It's not just him. BRTD and Verily came in here and made positive comments about this.

This script goes far beyond anything levelled at Obama by any Clinton supporter. No Clinton supporter that I've ever heard has even gone so far as to say Obama is Muslim. This one says Clinton is complicit in rape.

If someone posted something about Obama being a Muslim and attending madrassas in Indonesia, etc. and a bunch of Democrats came on and made approving comments, I'd also wonder what I had in common with them.

Please answer me.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »

Please answer me.

Ok sorry, you did not necessarily approve it. But you did try to twist it into another joke about the cynicism of the Clintons. They are politicians ok? But they're not that 'cynical'.

I know they're not that manipulative. If I actually thought they were, it wouldn't be a joke (plus, the risk of such a strategy backfiring would be quite large, if not in the primaries, then in the general election, so even if they were that manipulative, they wouldn't try it).
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 11:36:55 PM »

Verily- most jokes are supposed to contain an element of truth, and in your case the 'element of truth' was supposed to be the Clintons cynicism and the example used was implied to be that Hillary's tears in NH were calculated. Now I don't know if they are or aren't but that's an assumption. But I'll take you at your word that you don't approve the message and let's leave it at that.

Oh, don't take me that way. I do think the New Hampshire tears were calculated. The question she was asked was (and I'm paraphrasing), "How do you always look so good?" If anyone broke down in tears after being asked that question, you'd call them either a faker or mentally unstable, and much as I dislike Clinton, I don't think she's mentally unstable.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 11:41:45 PM »

Verily- most jokes are supposed to contain an element of truth, and in your case the 'element of truth' was supposed to be the Clintons cynicism and the example used was implied to be that Hillary's tears in NH were calculated. Now I don't know if they are or aren't but that's an assumption. But I'll take you at your word that you don't approve the message and let's leave it at that.

Oh, don't take me that way. I do think the New Hampshire tears were calculated. The question she was asked was (and I'm paraphrasing), "How do you always look so good?" If anyone broke down in tears after being asked that question, you'd call them either a faker or mentally unstable, and much as I dislike Clinton, I don't think she's mentally unstable.

Actually it was "How do you do it?" It had nothing to do with her appearance.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/clinton-gets-em.html

Yes, "How do you do it?" - in context, meaning, "How do you keep your appearance up on the campaign trail?"

I quote more broadly from that article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 11:46:41 PM »

Yes, "How do you do it?" - in context, meaning, "How do you keep your appearance up on the campaign trail?"

No, she was asking about how she remains emotionally stable during the campaign

Which, obviously, has everything to do with her hair and face. I just wish we had the full quote of the question to work with, not the clipped version with a summary of the comments about Clinton's wonderful appearance.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 11:47:54 PM »

I just want to point out that it's not the Republicans doing this.  1988 is a tea party compared to 2008.

It is the Republicans, or at least a Republican. Whether you want to take him as representative is a whole different kettle of fish; I wouldn't.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 11:50:11 PM »

Which, obviously, has everything to do with her hair and face. I just wish we had the full quote of the question to work with, not the clipped version with a summary of the comments about Clinton's wonderful appearance.

?

Emotional stability = Hair and face?

Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:54:25 PM »

?

Yes... but that was a minor part of the overall question where she asked who did her hair. The main question was about her emotional stability.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/07/clinton.emotional/

It's a still a flattering question about how wonderful she is. Yeah, I would break down crying is someone told me how wonderful I am.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 12:00:54 AM »

?

Yes... but that was a minor part of the overall question where she asked who did her hair. The main question was about her emotional stability.

It's a still a flattering question about how wonderful she is. Yeah, I would break down crying is someone told me how wonderful I am.

Well, you've also never been through a grueling year long Presidential campaign and spent the previous 15 years or so being ripped apart in the national media. I'd imagine she has quite a different worldview of things especially when it comes to someone praising you.

I don't buy it. Maybe had they been "tears of joy", but then the media wouldn't have latched onto it. And Clinton has never been "ripped apart" by the news media, except maybe for about six months in 1998 and in 1993.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 12:20:26 AM »

?

Well, you've also never been through a grueling year long Presidential campaign and spent the previous 15 years or so being ripped apart in the national media. I'd imagine she has quite a different worldview of things especially when it comes to someone praising you.

I don't buy it. Maybe had they been "tears of joy", but then the media wouldn't have latched onto it. And Clinton has never been "ripped apart" by the news media, except maybe for about six months in 1998 and in 1993.

So how did 50% of the nation grow to hate her? There's been a consistent anti-Clinton message pushed out at America for 15 years. Many have a legitimate reason for disliking her (like most on this board), but the vast majority of her detractors just dislike her because they've been told that a lot of people hate her and they should too.

This is not "the media", but rather the right-wing talk radio, etc., which spends just as much time going after Gore, Obama, Kerry, Dean, and whomever else. The 50% of the country that hates Clinton hates her mostly for ideological reasons; they perceive her as very liberal. Whether this is true or not is irrelevant, and I have never actually seen a serious, mainstream news source (well, except FOX) which suggested that Clinton was an ultra-liberal.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 01:07:23 AM »

?

So how did 50% of the nation grow to hate her? There's been a consistent anti-Clinton message pushed out at America for 15 years. Many have a legitimate reason for disliking her (like most on this board), but the vast majority of her detractors just dislike her because they've been told that a lot of people hate her and they should too.

This is not "the media", but rather the right-wing talk radio, etc., which spends just as much time going after Gore, Obama, Kerry, Dean, and whomever else. The 50% of the country that hates Clinton hates her mostly for ideological reasons; they perceive her as very liberal. Whether this is true or not is irrelevant, and I have never actually seen a serious, mainstream news source (well, except FOX) which suggested that Clinton was an ultra-liberal.

That's a fudge and you know it; first of all they don't spend 'just as much time' going after Gore, Obama, Kerry, Dean, etc. all other things equal. They'll spend the most time on the nominee, but all things equal they spend far more time going after her.

You know that is blatantly untrue. Certainly not while Bill Clinton was President (because he was their chief target), nor during the 2000 campaign (Gore), nor the 2004 campaign (Dean, then Kerry). That covers 1992-2000 and 2003-2004 all by itself. In 2001 and 2002, their fire was on Democrats in the Senate: Clinton incidentally, but mostly those up for reelection in 2002 such as Cleland. Even after the 2004 election, they focused on the Democrats as a party, and on Kerry specifically, for being traitors until at least the dawning of 2006, at which point the focus of hate became Pelosi and, once more, Dean.

Hillary Clinton is not some great victim, even of the right-wing parts of the media; she's been shunted to the side in favor of juicier targets at every turn until this past year.

True; I did not say that they did. They do, however, explain that vehemence of hatred against Clinton, and against Pelosi, and Dean, and Kerry, and Gore, all of whom have national approval ratings the same or worse than Clinton's. You will find that they, too, are perceived nationally as being on the liberal fringe, again, rightly or wrongly.

And this in a study that finds 63% of news coverage was about tactics. Well, when you're the dirty tactics candidate, you get bad press if all the media covers are tactics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies