George Bush's Triumph, 1992 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:31:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  George Bush's Triumph, 1992 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Bush's Triumph, 1992  (Read 15143 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: August 19, 2009, 06:50:28 AM »

Excellent TL Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »

Democratis should win in 1996. It's improbable that one party would stay in power for 20 years.

Gore '96!

And I like this TL
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:51:11 PM »

ICJ handed down a death sentence? And immediate? Don’t get it...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:17:04 PM »

Yep, amazing they lost all their morals.

Just surpised, because I thought ICJ not use the death penalty.

And "imminent execution" sound very unlikely... under virtuallY all jurisdictions.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:24:33 PM »

Yep, amazing they lost all their morals.

Just surpised, because I thought ICJ not use the death penalty.

And "imminent execution" sound very unlikely... under virtuallY all jurisdictions.

Most of the orignial UN ambassadors died during the crash. The Secretary General himself died, so the death penalty was used. I'm not sure about that rule, but I think it can be used in special circumstances.

The immediate execution was more like 2-3 months, I should have worded it better.

Don't look at me, I'm just describing history as it happened Smiley

Hey, I still like this TL Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »

June 10th, 1993: Do you approve of George Bush’s performance as president?

64% Yes
28% No

President Bush’s numbers looked good, after the inevitable fall from his sky high number of 92%. His economic numbers weren’t looking too good however, at 51%-47%, but his foreign policy numbers were looking excellent at 89%-5%.

June 21st, 1993: The coalition in Afghanistan is settling down for a conflict that all soldiers have to be on their toes for: a guerilla war. The Taliban leader, Mohammed Omar was directing his strikes throughout the country, and soldiers everywhere were on alert. Osama Bin Laden releases a tape of himself announcing a jihad on the west.

July 4th, 1993: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is executed, sending shockwaves of morale and fear through Islamic militants. Some want to avenge his death, some want are scared of the consequences they face if captured.

July 22nd, 1993: A dismal jobs report in the United States shows unemployment is at 8.3%. And furthermore, the Bush Administration’s big pump in military spending has almost completely changed the projection earlier in the year that the deficit would be gone by 1998. Instead, it would only be a little less in 1998 if the spending is to continue.

August 13th, 1993:
President Bush makes a state visit to Russia, to talk about the crisis in the Middle East. Afghanistan is not there only problem, Israel and the PLO have been at odds, as well.           

Been trying to spice it up here, but its hard to write during non-election years. The next update will cover the Virginia and New Jersey gubernatorial elections, as well as more economic and foreign policy news.

Sorry for adressing once again Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, but I don't think this would scare terrotist. Please remember how many of the would welcome such opportunity to being a "mathyrs".

By the way, what was a method of execution?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 07:42:29 AM »

Jeb anyway comes very, very close to unseat Chiles, but I doubt George would beat Richards without being aiding by GOP landslide. IOTL he was behind in polls for a long time,
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 01:14:25 PM »

Update tommorow. Being back in school, its hard to write when i get home 'cause of homework. Many will come this weekend too.

I disliked school too
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 08:26:49 PM »

Hey guys, sorry about lack of update, I've had writer's block. I'll shoot for two updates this weekend.

Normally I'd say that you're lazy man, but since you undercovered vicious plan to destroy America I'll wait Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 06:31:32 PM »

I hope evil school would not prevent you from another updates Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies