George Bush's Triumph, 1992 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:58:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  George Bush's Triumph, 1992 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Bush's Triumph, 1992  (Read 15187 times)
Kevinstat

« on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:11 PM »

April 13th, 1993: The CIA is able to connect the organization of Al Qaeda, to Osama Bin Laden, a Saudi millionaire. Secretary Haig presents this evidence to the United Nations, who respond declare him an international criminal. Osama Bin Laden, knowing this fled for his life. He fled to Afghanistan, seeking refuge among the Taliban....

The Taliban didn't capture Kabul until the fall of 1996 and, according to Wikipedia (anyone can edit it, I know) didn't form until September 1994, although the Wikipedia article Civil war in Afghanistan (1992–1996) mentions August 1994 as when the Taliban movement first emergered.  You might want to have bin Laden go somewhere else, or stay in Sudan where he was in OTL from 1992 to May 1996, when he went to Afghanistan, perhaps going to Afganistan later if the Taliban establish control there, although since he did go to Afghanistan in OTL before the Taliban captured Kabul (and to Jalalibad, which seemed to be in Massoud's general section of the country) him going there slightly earlier might work.  But 1993 seems too early to me, and I doubt the "government" in 1993 (Massoud's party) would support him, so just using them in place of the Taliban as our opponents besides Al Qaeda wouldn't work.  So you may want to basically do the last two installments of your timeline over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies