The End of Freedom: The Ultimate Cost of the Great Depression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 08:58:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The End of Freedom: The Ultimate Cost of the Great Depression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Poll
Question: Opinion of Sci-Fi elements
Interesting.

Meh, neutral.

Dude WTF?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: The End of Freedom: The Ultimate Cost of the Great Depression  (Read 82454 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »

Working on it as we speak.
These next few updates will blow your f***ing mind (the election will be kind of boring, I just felt it necessary to include the 1936 election because afterall, this is an election what if scenario).

My f**king mind, after hard day at the university, desperately need to be blow up
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2009, 05:28:50 PM »

The General Election Season:

Once the general election season began, the GOP ran a very inactive campaign. So inactive to the point that President Murray, while campaigning in Idaho, would as, "Where's Hale?" Which would elicit a lot of laughter from the crowd. It seemed as though the GOP was outright embracing it's inevitable defeat at this point to many American. However, Hale did spend a lot of time making speeches, for Republican Senate and House candidates. Some analysts would see this as an opportunity on Hale's part to focus on "minimizing loss", in that since his chances at victory on the presidential stage is all but lost he should focus a majority of resources on the GOP congressional races to minimize any potential huge loss of seats. However, the Liberty candidate Robert M. LaFollette Jr. would have a very active campaign where he would openly criticize what he saw as President Murrray's "unconstitutional use of force to achieve his objectives". It would become clear as time progressed that Robert M. LaFollette Jr. would become a major thorn in the Murray Administration's side.
Murray himself would do a modest amount of campaigning due to the sudden economic prosperity (at least compared to two years ago) that was taking place in the nation as well as confidence in the Murray Administration. In fact Murray wouldn't start actively campaigning until he got back from the 1936 Summer Olympics held in Germany, where he was an honored guest of the German Fuhrer Adolf Hitler.

German Fuhrer Adolf Hitler

While attending the Olympic Games Hitler would voice praise of Murray, saying that his economic plan was "genius, especially for a society as laissez faire as America" and that he expected America under Murray to reach a power that would even transcend Hitler's Nazi Germany. "May your empire live long and prosper."

When Murray got back there were claims by the opposition that he and Hitler formed a secret alliance to subvert the sovereignty of the American people to help further their dreams of an Anglo-German dominated world empire. Murray would attack these claims as "UnAmerican, treasonous, and terror inspiring". President Murray would further accuse LaFollette of being a "paranoid delusional fearmongering closet communist sympathsizer controlled by the overzealous Jew propaganda lobby desperate to win". Republican nominee Hale would make a few grand speeches about how the US needs to show at least a little respect for civil liberties and not use excessive force to achieve objectives, but wouldn't make any attack on Murray's character as LaFollette did.

As a result, the biggest landslide (both electorally and personl vote wise) since the Era of Good Feelings occured:

President William H. Murray (OK)/Vice President John Nance Garner (TX) (Democratic) 70.24% pv 531 evs
Senator Frederick Hale (ME)/Governor Alfred Landon (KS) (Republican) 21.21% pv
Senator Robert M. LaFollette Jr. (WI)/Governor Joseph P. Kennedy (MA) 8.55% pv
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »

70% fu**ing precent?

America is screwed...
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2009, 05:42:45 PM »

I know this is getting overused by now but:

If you think that is bad, wait till tonight. I promise this time sh*t will truly hit the fan.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2009, 05:52:52 PM »

If you think that is bad, wait till tonight. I promise this time sh*t will truly hit the fan.

I guess you'll "kill" someone soon Wink
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »

The Second Inauguration Address of William H. Murray:

Dear America, these past four years have been a true testament to the awesomeness of the American character. While it is true that in these past four years we have encountered major tragedies, it is very true that those tragedies pale in comparison to our Great Moment of Recovery, how our long National Nightmare called the "Great Depression" by economists is now over and the American economy is now on it's way to perhaps some of the most prosperous years in American history. Words can not express the pride I feel today looking out into this sea of a glorious people, a glorious people who when called to action by this administration did more than just take arms and fight this great struggle against the evil whims of Corporatocracy. However, it is with great regret that I admit that in these past four years I had ignored a grave threat to American securities and freedom, a threat so dangerous it makes the three C's: Corporations, carpetbaggers, and coons, look like a circus in comparison. This threat I refer to, a secret cabal until the brave efforts of my administration brought them out, is the dangerous Irish Roman Catholic elite of bankers, mayors, governors, senators, representatives, etc. that have governance on every level of politics in this nation. This cabal seeks to destroy the rule of law granted by the sacred US Constitution and turn this nation into a tyranny of the Pope. These men have no loyalty to you, the American people, when the time comes for them to stand up for America they will stand up for the wishes of their Vatican Masters instead. For many years I and many other Democrats have either turned a blind eye to this nefarious threat to Democracy until it was too late. Take Tammany Hall for instance, for nigh a century in the city of New York many good men were denied the opportunity to run because of the whims of those elite group of Irishmen who, basking in their own power, sought to impose their values of corruption on the great people of New York City and eventually the American people. But Tammany Hall was just the beginning, as I speak dozens of other of these Irish Catholic political machines are active all around the country trying to subvert this country into something dark, something horrible, something that would make the forefathers of this nation sick to their stomachs. They already have taken millions of your hard earned tax dollars and given it to their revolutionary brothers and sisters in Northern Ireland that has resulted in the killings of their own countrymen. It is these men who, along with the self proclaimed "party of Big Business" the Republican Party, and the American god hating closet communists in the Liberty Party who pose the greatest threats to American prosperity in this new Golden Age. American can not and will not subject itself any longer to the rule of Business, of Corporations, of the Pope, of the Irishman, or of the communists.
Laugh all you want, but even as I speak here today this elite is planning the gradual overthrow of our free nation. You have been warned. Don't worry, we'll be ready this time to catch these heathens redhanded when they spring upon their traps on society.
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2009, 06:40:50 PM »

I guess you'll "kill" someone soon Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2009, 11:01:01 PM »

You need to make the South much darker red. South Carolina would have been over 90% and so would Mississippi. AL, GA, LA and FL in the 80's and TX, TN, OK, ARK, NC in the 70% VA would be borderline between 60's and 70's.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2009, 11:06:52 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2009, 11:08:45 PM by Senator Scott Westman (L-MT) »

You need to make the South much darker red. South Carolina would have been over 90% and so would Mississippi. AL, GA, LA and FL in the 80's and TX, TN, OK, ARK, NC in the 70% VA would be borderline between 60's and 70's.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Dude, my map (Besides TN) is way darker than you say it should be.
After you see enough states in the 60% or more range, 70-90% states start looking alot less dark than they would if it was mostly 40-50% maps.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »

I want to see Murray in action! Let's rock, Mech!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2009, 11:47:17 PM »

Sorry, I has some studying to do.
I should get an update up tonight.
Trust me, it'll be worth the wait.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2009, 01:20:32 AM »

Alright here I go!

The Supreme Opposition

Ever since Murray first got into office the US Supreme Court had been a thorn in his side. His legislation, though it easily passed in Congress, often got brought into the Court due to some technicality. The worst came in 1937, however, when the US Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that Murray's use of the National Guard to enforce banking and government monetary law was unconstitutional. Murray, having enough decided it was time to put the US Supreme Court "away":

US Supreme Court bombed! All nine justices dead!

July 8th, 1937:

In a very tragic event, the US Supreme Court was bombed by an as of yet unnamed perpetrator. It is with deep sadness and sorrow that we announce that all 9 Justices perished in the bombing, as well as 40-50 more Supreme Court workers.

July 10th, 1937:

US President William H. Murray announces that until the perpetrators responsible for the assasinations of the 9 US Supreme Court Justices, martial law shall be put in place to keep the population in order and to enforce the "Laws of the Constitution".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2009, 02:33:23 AM »

OMG.... Shocked
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2009, 03:21:20 AM »
« Edited: November 22, 2009, 03:26:19 AM by Senator Scott Westman (L-MT) »

The Liberty Opposition:

The Liberty Party, ever since it's inception in 1933, had long been a thorn in Murray's side. The party, before the economic recovery and Murray's handling of the Tammany Hall Incident had stolen enough Democrats between 1933-1936 to put the Democrat's hold on Congress in jeopardy. Despite Murray successfully portraying the party's presidential nominee Robert LaFollette Jr. as a radical progressive with communistic leanings who succeeded off of paranoia. However, after the the election the Liberty Party, despite being reduced to only a couple of dozen officeholders nationwide, still posed a vocal threat, even if a minor one at that. Murray wanted to end the Liberty opposition once and for all since not even putting Roosevelt in a coma or eliminating Tammany Hall worked. It seemed that President Murray would have to resort once again to killing two birds with one stone......Leverage:

Breaking News: Massachusetts Governor Joseph P. Kennedy confesses Liberty conspiracy in Supreme Court bombing in July!

August 19th, 1937: In a shocking press release, Massachusetts Governor Joseph P. Kennedy resigned today and admitted complicity in a Liberty Party conspiracy to bomb the US Supreme Court in order to further the pursuit the destruction of the American Constitution. Due to his honesty it is expected that Joseph Kennedy will receive a jail sentence of 20 years to life instead of the usual Death Penalty for treason.

Breaking News: Liberty Party Senator Robert M. LaFollette Jr. commits suicide.

August 20th, 1937: Wisconsin Liberty Party Senator Robert M. LaFollette Jr. committed suicide today, a week before he was to go on trial along with 33 other Liberty Party officials in connection with the Grand Conspiracy to destroy the US Supreme Court system.

Breaking News: 33 Liberty party members found guilty of High Treason in regards to US Supreme Court bombing.

September 12th, 1937: Yesterday 33 Liberty Party members were found guilty of High Treason by a federal court jury. All but one member, Joseph P. Kennedy, were given the death penalty to be executed one week from now. Joseph P. Kennedy, for coming forth with the conspiracy, will receive a prison sentence of 20 years, with visitation rights with his family.

And there he was, a condemned man walking out of the court. It was not easy for him to do this, but Joe Kennedy had no choice. If he did not tell the court what they wanted to hear Murray would take away everything his family owns and throw them onto the streets. He was a man of integrity, but he could never forgive himself if in remaining a man of honesty he forced his wife, the love of his life, and all of his beloved children into a life of destitute just to protect his honor. It is this consolation, that his family may live on safely, that Joe had done what he came there to do that day. So this was the price he paid for their safety: To be remembered forever in history as a criminal.
"Let go of my daddy! Let him go!" Yelled his youngest Edward M. Kennedy, known as "Ted" to friends and family.
And as he was taken into the police car, his oldest boy, Joseph P. Kennedy Jr., lifted his hand. "God speed father, may history be kinder to you in future eras."
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2009, 04:05:49 AM »

Hell... Sad
Couldn't he flee in Canada ?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2009, 04:07:17 AM »

Canada.....ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?
Do you think Canada would feel man enough to protect an American refugee from Super Badass Alfalfa Murray?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2009, 04:19:47 AM »

Do you think Canada would feel man enough to protect an American refugee from Super Badass Alfalfa Murray?

Would Canada dare to extradite him to a fascist regime ?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2009, 04:38:25 AM »

Would Canada dare to extradite him to a fascist regime ?

If they valued their own sovereignty......YES!
Although this is a good idea for future reference, hmmmm.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2009, 09:51:25 AM »

So, old Joe is basically a hero, who sacrified rest of his hopes and dignity to protect his family. I wonder if he's going to survive prison term.

Btw (yes, I know I'm weird) what execution methods Murray regime uses to kill condemded, like in last case
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »

So, old Joe is basically a hero, who sacrified rest of his hopes and dignity to protect his family. I wonder if he's going to survive prison term.

Btw (yes, I know I'm weird) what execution methods Murray regime uses to kill condemded, like in last case

Oh yes I forgot........
The Almighty Chair.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »

Oh yes I forgot........
The Almighty Chair.

Well, in my TL I sent to the almighty chair last President of the United States (James Eli Watson) and also such figures like "Darkie rebel" MLK or (forgive me for puting these names next of others) Trent Lott.

Btw, could you tell us specifically which Liberty politicians were executed?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »

Oh yes I forgot........
The Almighty Chair.

Well, in my TL I sent to the almighty chair last President of the United States (James Eli Watson) and also such figures like "Darkie rebel" MLK or (forgive me for puting these names next of others) Trent Lott.

Btw, could you tell us specifically which Liberty politicians were executed?

Damn it.
I'm not good at coming up with names..

US Senators:
1. Senator Ernest Lundeen (MN Farmer Labor, caucus with Liberty)
2. Senator Burton K. Wheeler (L-MT)
3. Senator Robert F. Wagner (L-NY)
4. Senator William E. Borah (L-ID)
5. Senator Homer Truett Bone (L-WA)
5 US Senators

US Representatives:
1. US House Rep John J. O'Connor (L-NY16)
2. US House Rep James M. Fitzpatrick (L-NY24)
3. US House Rep Caroline O'Day (L-NYAL)
4. US House Rep Edward O'Neill (L-NJ11)
5. US House Rep Mary T. Norton (L-NJ13)
6. US House Rep D. Lane Powers (L-NJ4)
7. US House Rep John J. Dempsey (L-NMAL)
8. US House Rep Byron N. Scott (L-CA18)
9. US House Rep Thomas F. Ford (L-CA14)
10. US House Rep Frank R. Havenner (L-CA4)
11. US House Rep John F. Dockweiler (L-CA16)
12. US House Rep John W. McCormack (L-MA12)
13. US House Rep Joseph E. Casey (L-MA3)
14. US House Rep Joseph W. Martin Jr (L-MA14)
15. US House Rep John P. Higgins (L-MA11)
16. US House Rep Dewey Johnson (FL-MN5)
17. US House Rep John Bernard (FL-MN8)
18. US House Rep Rich T. Buckler (FL-MN9)
19. US House Rep Warren G. Magnuson (L-WA1)
20. US House Rep John M. Coffee (L-WA6)
21. US House Rep Leon Sack (L-PA1)
22. US House Rep Michael Bradley (L-PA3)
23. US House Rep J. Burrwood Daly (L-PA4)
24. US House Rep Ira W. Drew (L-PA7)
25. US House Rep Henry Ellenbogen (L-PA33)
26. US House Rep Thomas Ryum Amlie (L-WI1)
27. US House Rep Gardner R. Withrow (L-WI3)
28. US House Rep Bernard J. Gehrmann (L-WI10)
29. US House Rep John Lesinki, Sr. (L-MI16)
29 US House Reps.
34 total US Congressmen

US Governors:
1. Governor Phillip LaFollette (L-WI)
2. Governor Elmer A. Benson (FL-MN)
2 US Governors
36 total officeholders killed

Other notes:
US Senator Robert M. LaFollette Jr (L-WI) committed suicide before appearing before court.
Governor Joseph P. Kennedy Sr. (L-MA) was offered a prison sentence of 20 years with family visitation rights for admitting plot.

Okay so 3 more officeholders were killed than originally planned. In addition to the above killed, statewide Liberty officeholders were offered to either quit their party or be thrown in jail for a period of no less than 5 years.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »

36 persons legally murdered...
Fortunately this is just a crazy TL. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2009, 04:08:19 PM »

Rest in Peace, Freedom Fighters
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

Who's Next?!

Find out tomorrow night when Mechaman makes his next installment of the End of Freedom: The Ultimate Cost of the Great Depression Timeline!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies