SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:23:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUPERIMPERIALIST AMERICA ERA ONE: The Ascent to Domination (1844-1991)  (Read 100478 times)
Archangel_Mikey
King Michael
Rookie

« on: June 12, 2004, 10:00:49 AM »

You could just tell that it was Hitler by the way HT described that sergant.  My main problem is the time length in the books.  In the 'American Empire' series, the third book-The Victorious Opposition-lastes eight years, while the second book-The Center Cannot Hold-lasts I think a decade, I'm not sure.  The other major problem is with his characters.  They're all centered as Americans or in the Americas, and they never go abroad, and HT has too many, I got confused once.   Anyway, back to the topic.  TTL is completley inplausible.  The peoepl over at AH.net ripped it to shred when you posted it there.  I wonder what their reaction to it would be?
Archangel_Mikey
King Michael
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 02:52:02 PM »

Another problem with HT is that he bases things in the Great War series on historical events.  The rise and fall and rise of the Freedom Party, their hatred of other peoples, hatred of their neighbors, supporting Fascists in a civil war on their own continent, and the SA (Freedom Party stalwarts) and the SS (Freedom Party guards).  One thing that disapointed me was that there was no Night of the Long Knives, where the SA was destroyed.
Archangel_Mikey
King Michael
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 12:10:24 PM »

I'm not so sure that the United States should be called the United States of Amerca.  How about the United States of the World, Earth Federation, United States, American Empire.
Archangel_Mikey
King Michael
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 10:49:26 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2004, 11:58:44 AM by King Michael »

"Nebraska 1874 Douglas 5"

Oh sure, give me the name of a president nobody knows about.

How about Omaha as the capital?  It's only the biggest city on Nebraska.
Archangel_Mikey
King Michael
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 02:39:53 PM »

I assume it's the same city as Lincoln, yet named after the guy from IL who became president.

Omaha?  No.  It's the biggest city in Nebraska and was its territorial capital and named after the Omaha Indians.
Archangel_Mikey
King Michael
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 07:10:57 PM »

I assume it's the same city as Lincoln, yet named after the guy from IL who became president.

Omaha?  No.  It's the biggest city in Nebraska and was its territorial capital and named after the Omaha Indians.

No. . .Douglas in this TL is the same as Lincoln in OTL

I know that.  In OTL, Omaha was the territorial capital of Nebraska.  Why not keep it that way?  Plus, Omaha is in Douglas County.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies