Speech from Senator Nation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:59:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speech from Senator Nation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speech from Senator Nation  (Read 1635 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« on: June 28, 2004, 03:19:18 PM »

A speech from Nyman D.C. ( Wink ) where Senator Kevin D. Nation is present:

My fellow Atlasians, I don't like to make these kinds of speeches, but I'm afraid I must.

As of late, I hold nothing but disgust for certain fellow Senators who I will not mention, that have, obviously and sometimes in a more subtle fashion, verbally expressed their disapproval of the UAC,
usually with strong language.

They will refuse to support anyone in the UAC, they will lash out against the party for no real reason -- they call us a joke, yet they fail to realize we hold three senate seats and a presidency that the voters elected -- that hardly sounds like a joke to me.

One of the main reasons the UAC was formed was because of the comments coming from the two major parties at the time -- the extremeist tendencies in some of their leaders -- these comments coming today, their speakers fail to realize that the majority of Atlasia is not as extreme as they are.

I made a promise to the voters of District 1 to represent them well, and part of that involves civil conversing with fellow Senators, but how am I to do that when those Senators and other important figures in Atlasia politics hold nothing but unjustified contempt for my entire party?

This is not a call for complete unity -- questioning and disagreement is necessary for things to get done properly, but it is a call for senseless attacks against my party to stop, especially coming from respectable (or so I thought) Senators who may have even received said party's endorsement.

Thank you.

hmm who cares? We know people don't like the UAC, and we know they won't vote for anyone who is a UACer. Maybe that is why they got elected.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies