By a Fluke of the Gods: Cox Defeats Harding (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:45:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  By a Fluke of the Gods: Cox Defeats Harding (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: By a Fluke of the Gods: Cox Defeats Harding  (Read 187783 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 11:56:17 PM »

Shame John McCain is a Democrat in this timeline Sad He would have been a great Republican, better than in RL.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 07:38:41 PM »

Go Anderson '76!  I hope the next update will have the actual election.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope Ralph Nader does really badly in the 1976 Presidential Election PBrunsel, because if he does.....
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

I wonder what'll happen with George Bush's son. Ownership of the Boston Red Sox?

Who will own the Texas Rangers from 1989 to 1993 then?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 03:08:10 AM »

Great Update. What a close election that was indeed. I would fit so well into this Republican Party Smiley
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 11:15:26 PM »

I didn't realise that you updated it past 1979 Paul and I must say, as always Great Update Smiley. Looking forward to the Presidency of Robert Francis Kennedy. With Jack Kemp as Vice President, will we see any sort of tax cuts coming from the Kennedy Presidency such as the RL Kemp-Roth ones?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 01:44:02 AM »

Continue the great work Paul Smiley.

Any potential candidates for the Presidency in 1984? BTW: What's Gary Hart and George McGovern doing in this TL?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 12:55:40 AM »

Any potential candidates for the Presidency in 1984? BTW: What's Gary Hart and George McGovern doing in this TL?

Potential candiodates for 1984? I have a few people in mind, such as McGovern and Hart. Both are Senators, though McGovern lost reelection in 1980. I will have both of them run for president in 1984

Sounds Great Smiley.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 04:37:19 PM »

Just as I suspected, Kennedy will go down hard and because of it a Republican will get the White House in 1984.

President Gary Hart maybe?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »

Great Update. I'm sure HappyWarrior would be very, very happy with Biden getting the nomination.

Hopefully Biden/Alexander will win over Kemp/McCain in 1984, however I have this feeling that they won't Sad.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »

Interesting update, as always Smiley. I wonder if the bombing of Russia will begin in 5 minutes?

If only Fidel could run for President in 1988 and take on Vice President McCain and win. Victory cigars for everybody!
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »

An interesting update as always Smiley.

I have a suspicion that Governor Babbitt will win the Republican Nomination in 1988 and will take on Vice President McCain in the General. My gut also tells me that Babbitt will win the Presidency too. I also have a suspicion that Christa McAuliffe will one day seek the Presidency in the near future after she defeats Speaker of the House Judd Gregg.

Also, may I ask why is Dick Cheney a Republican in this timeline? He seems to be more of a Democrat than a Republican in this timeline.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 03:44:13 AM »

You mentioned in one of your previous updates that Jefferson Thomas was re-elected Governor of Arkansas, what happened to Jim Guy Tucker. If it wasn't for Clinton in 1978, Tucker would have likely ran for the Governorship and consequently won the Governorship. Just thought I'd point that out Wink.

BTW: What is Jim Guy Tucker doing in this Timeline and secondly, we need a President John Chafee Grin
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 11:14:52 PM »

An interesting update as per usual Paul. Whilst I am upset that Lamar Alexander lost his bid for the Presidency, I am surprised that the ticket of Alexander/Feinstien lost by such a massive margin. I guess Lamar Alexander wasn't meant to be President of the United States either in RL or in this TL.

Should be interesting to see what Vladimir Putin does next, after he tried to overthrow the Russian Government. Speaking of Russians, what is Dmitry Medvedev and Boris Yeltsin doing in this TL?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 05:45:44 AM »

BUMP

PBrunsel when do you anticipate the next update will take place? It should be good, whatever you write about the second term of Jack French Kemp. As long as the Republican Party wins in 1996, for the first time since 1976, Mr. Flynn shall be a very happy man Smiley.

Also, when do you expect this timeline to finish? At the end of the 2008 Presidential Election where either Hillary Rodham (D) vs. Barack Obama (R) will become President of the United States, or beyond 2008?

Should be interesting to see what Vladimir Putin does next, after he tried to overthrow the Russian Government. Speaking of Russians, what is Dmitry Medvedev and Boris Yeltsin doing in this TL?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »

Interesting Update as per usual and thanks for answering my questions regarding those Russians! But you must have forgotten to answer my other questions regarding when will this timeline conclude Sad.

I have a feeling that Jim Webb and Rudy Giuliani will both become Presidents of the United States in this TL. A Republican will win in 1992 and then Webb will defeat whom ever is President in 1996. Am I on the right track?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »

Interesting Update as per usual and thanks for answering my questions regarding those Russians! But you must have forgotten to answer my other questions regarding when will this timeline conclude Sad.

Rocky,

I am intending on ending this timeline after the 2008 election. I don't know who that will be between. It may be Rudy Giuliani vs. Jim Webb or Hillary Rodham vs. Barack Obama or perhaps something else. Their may be a Preisdent Giuliani or a Preident Webb by 2009.

Sounds very interesting. It shall be sad once this TL concludes though, because it's one of the best I have read on this Forum. Ever.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 03:04:34 AM »

Great Update as usual PBrunsel. I predict that the 1992 Presidential Election will see the Republican and Democratic Party's nominating the following tickets: Reggie Jackson/George W. Bush (R) vs John McCain/Jim Webb (D). I could be very wrong but I have a feeling that's what will occur by the time of the Conventions.

Event Date: 8-23-1991
Event Description: While conducting an interview with former President Robert Kennedy, Bob Woodward is stabbed to death by one of the Knights of the Round Table. Kennedy watches the killing take place as he calmly chewed the Snickers bar that Woodward had brought him. Michigan City Federal Penitentiary Warden Sam Marshall refuses to report the murder, making the death appear like a car accident. Marshall is far too afraid to report the King of Camelot to the authorities.

Now that passage reminds me of a timeline on Othertimelines.com where Richard Nixon is impeached as President of the United States and is sent to serve his term in Indiana. I assume you got your inspiration from that? Just like I got mine from this timeline Smiley.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »

I couldn't agree more. Glad to see Reggie Jackson elected President of the United States. Who would have thought that would have ever happened in a world, where James Cox was elected President of the United States in 1920 Tongue.

Anywho, just a query about the 1992 Electoral College map PBrunsel. How was Jackson able to win the usually strong Democratic state of Oklahoma? I thought Jackson would be considered too liberal for the hardcore conservative state.

Once again, as I always do. Looking forward to the next update regarding the Presidency of Reggie Jackson. I have a gut feeling that Vice President Bill Clinton will resign or do something shifty regarding Whitewater.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »

Could someone please explain the "loose" joke to me once and for all?

It's no joke my friend. I think EMD was trying to say why did the usually securely North and South Dakota's, whose population is not dense did not vote for Governor Reggie Jackson in the 1992 Presidential Election. Afterall, it is in Webster's Dictionary so it cannot be a joke Tongue.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 12:32:08 AM »

Another great update PBrunsel Smiley. Interesting to see Timothy McVeigh become an acclaimed author in this TL, that was something I didn't expect, nor Senator Mitt Romney wanting to be President Jackson's running mate in the upcoming 1996 Presidential Election. My prediction for the 1996 Presidential Election is President Jackson vs. Senator Quayle (if not Senator Quayle than Senator Gramm). Should be interesting times........

Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2008, 09:14:02 PM »

Another excellent update as I would expect from a man of your calibre Smiley.

Shame you couldn't include the 2000 Presidential Primaries and the following Presidential Election, as it seems like an exciting race to succeed President Reggie Jackson in the White House. I have a feeling that Governor Pataki of New York will face off against Governor Hillary Rodham of Illinois with Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney running as a third party candidate, similar to Malcolm Little in 1984.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 04:59:32 PM »

Update! Update! Update!

PBrunsel, might I ask what is the situation in Australia at the moment? Has anything changed?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2008, 02:48:26 AM »

An excellent update as always, despite Mark Latham becoming Prime Minister of Australia in the October General Election and Maine Senator Olympia Snowe losing in a massive landslide to President Jim Webb in the 2004 Presidential Election. It's a shame that this timeline will end shortly, it has been, and always will be one of the best TL's on thisboard ever.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 05:59:28 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2008, 06:15:04 PM by Rocket Man »

Excellent update, as always Paul Smiley

I'm looking forward to the remaining two years of this magnificent TL you have created. I hope in 2008 that the Republican Party will be able to regain control of the White House for the first time since the Presidency of Reggie Jackson, even if the Republicans nominate Governor Mitt Romney or Senator Rudy Giuliani Tongue.

Anywho, I do have some questions to ask regarding your timeline:

1) Who is the Opposition Leader, aka leader of the Liberal Party of Australia in this TL, considering that Mark Latham defeated John Howard in his quest for a fourth successive term in October 2004? Also how is Mark Latham performing as Prime Minister, and is he set for another term as Prime Minister at the next Election?

2) Where exactly on Mars will the Tomorrow space craft land?
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2008, 11:57:37 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2008, 05:06:14 AM by Rocket Man »

This was an excellent timeline and its truly a shame to see this much loved TL conclude Sad

Also, do you plan to take a break from writing timelines or do you plan to start a new one shortly?

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies