Poll about Mitt Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:03:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Poll about Mitt Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Poll
Question: Which of these three best describes Mitt Romney?
Mitt Romney was born great

Mitt Romney had greatness thrust upon him

Mitt Romney achieved greatness

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: Poll about Mitt Romney  (Read 20297 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »

Anyone with half a brain can realize that Gary Johnson won't win the GOP nomination. Anyone who thinks other wise is deluding themselves.

But those with a whole brain think otherwise. Wink

Haha, that was funny. Cheesy

I'd love to see Gary Johnson win, but it seems unlikely to me. Tongue
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2009, 11:26:33 PM by pbrower2a »

Someone who was going to work with both parties to get things done, someone who would not be like the same old same old washington thug. I amit, I shouldn't have voted for him (Obama), I should have saw the real Obama, but I didn't.

So far the Republicans have been unwilling to even seek to modify Obama's legislative efforts by forcing compromises where such might be appropriate and even show some political acumen necessary for gaining or preserving a reputation of political relevance. .
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:09 PM »

There are nowhere near enough intelligent people in the GOP for Johnson to have a remote chance of winning. It would be like Gravel or Kucinich getting the Democratic nod. Not that voting for Kucinich would be an intelligent thing to do.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2009, 11:09:56 PM »
« Edited: December 21, 2009, 11:18:49 PM by KRAMPUS™ »

Anyone with half a brain can realize that Gary Johnson won't win the GOP nomination. Anyone who thinks other wise is deluding themselves.

But those with a whole brain think otherwise. Wink

Haha, that was funny. Cheesy

I'd love to see Gary Johnson win, but it seems unlikely to me. Tongue

I wouldn't say it's impossible, given how incredibly weak the 'top tiers' are at this point. There's really not THAT many issues that would hurt him with the 'base', honestly. Republican voters might have been overwhelming pro war in 2008 but they're growing weary of that by now, and most of the issues Johnson takes a libertarian stance on personally he's also pro states rights on... Plus Obama's economic policies have increasingly become the focus of rage and he has far more credibility on things like the bail outs than people like Romney or Palin who supported them (Huckabee didn't, but even ignoring the tax issue Maurice Clemmons pretty much kills his chances IMO). If anything his main problem is probably name recognition more so than anything else.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2009, 11:28:53 PM »

Johnson might be pro choice, but not enough where it changes the status quo. The only thing that effects the issue of abortion is the Supreme Court. I'm unfamiliar with his stance on gay marriage, but again, it's something that the Federal Government isn't going to impact. Granted, he endorsed Ron Paul (A man whom I have much respect for) but regardless, if a liberal Republican like Giuliani was leading the polls at one point, and a moderate such as McCain clinched the nomination (though part was due to a divided conservative base) there's no reason Gary Johnson cannot do so.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »

Johnson might be pro choice, but not enough where it changes the status quo. The only thing that effects the issue of abortion is the Supreme Court. I'm unfamiliar with his stance on gay marriage, but again, it's something that the Federal Government isn't going to impact. Granted, he endorsed Ron Paul (A man whom I have much respect for) but regardless, if a liberal Republican like Giuliani was leading the polls at one point, and a moderate such as McCain clinched the nomination (though part was due to a divided conservative base) there's no reason Gary Johnson cannot do so.

Yeah, its probably the drug legalization issue that's going to cause Johnson the biggest problems.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2009, 11:31:59 PM »

That will not happen, he is like a use car sales man. Smiley Right now I support Gary Johnson Smiley...
Gary Johnson = The most overrated politician in America. (I like him, but his support is being overestimated)
Well, back in January `08, I was convinced Hillary was the anti-christ, and would do anything to stop her. I was strongly rooting for Obama in the leadoff states. But just a month or so later, I started rooting for Hillary, and now I consider myself a supporter of her. Wink
Tmth, you seem like a very nice guy. However, for someone with a blue avatar, a positive economic score, and a social score much greater than mine, it seems as if you would have to turn logic on its head to consider yourself a supporter of Hillary Clinton, unless there's an ulterior motive. could you explain? lol (I don't mean to be belligerent, i'm just perplexed.)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2009, 11:34:38 PM »

Yeah, its probably the drug legalization issue that's going to cause Johnson the biggest problems.

I know the GOP has a robust conservative base, but i've looked up videos of him on drug policy and all I remember is that he advocated a more reasonable approach. (I myself support decriminalization, but oppose REGULATION of marijuana, for the record.) He probably won't win the South Carolina primary, but if you have several southern conservative candidates, he'll clinch the nomination.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »

I know the GOP has a robust conservative base, but i've looked up videos of him on drug policy and all I remember is that he advocated a more reasonable approach. (I myself support decriminalization, but oppose REGULATION of marijuana, for the record.) He probably won't win the South Carolina primary, but if you have several southern conservative candidates, he'll clinch the nomination.

New Hampshire would probably be the best place for Johnson to start. Since South Carolina is an open primary, it could also be winnable, just as it was for McCain.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #109 on: December 21, 2009, 11:38:58 PM »

Johnson might have positioned himself as 'pro choice' lately, but that's all an act. He's anti-roe, opposes partial birth abortion, and was endorsed by the New Mexico Right to Life Committee as “a warrior for the pro-life cause."
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: December 21, 2009, 11:43:19 PM »

New Hampshire would probably be the best place for Johnson to start. Since South Carolina is an open primary, it could also be winnable, just as it was for McCain.

South Carolina could be winnable, indeed. McCain primarily won South Carolina because Fred Thompson ran interference and drew support from Huckabee. If he were to win big in New Hampshire, win in Nevada, eek out a win or come second in South Carolina, and then come 2nd or 1st in Florida, then there's no reason he couldn't enter Super Tuesday with "Big Mo" and win NJ, CA, DE, and possibly UT (though that would be pretty dicey.) Then, two weeks later or so, is the Hawaii caucus and Wisconsin, which'd certainly favor Johnson. I could go on, but I don't want this to turn into a long-winded hack rant.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2009, 11:45:24 PM »

South Carolina could be winnable, indeed. McCain primarily won South Carolina because Fred Thompson ran interference and drew support from Huckabee. If he were to win big in New Hampshire, win in Nevada, eek out a win or come second in South Carolina, and then come 2nd or 1st in Florida, then there's no reason he couldn't enter Super Tuesday with "Big Mo" and win NJ, CA, DE, and possibly UT (though that would be pretty dicey.) Then, two weeks later or so, is the Hawaii caucus and Wisconsin, which'd certainly favor Johnson. I could go on, but I don't want this to turn into a long-winded hack rant.

If Romney's in the race, no shot at Utah. But otherwise he has a good shot at winning the primaries in many of the states that McCain-Palin lost to Obama-Biden.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2009, 11:52:16 PM »

I doubt Romney will be in the race, between the debate over this healthcare bill and the fact that he already spent most of his money. Tongue
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2009, 02:28:43 AM »

Romney is like a generic salesman--he always sells you the appearance and positions that you want.
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #114 on: December 22, 2009, 02:32:59 AM »

a mandate-oriented "health" "care" system that isn't single-payer is simply disastrous.  it's an upward distribution of wealth.  which state has realized the largest increase in prices:  why Massachusetts!
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2009, 02:36:49 AM »

one can hope™ that Palin and Huckabee decide early on which of them is going to defeat Romney; otherwise it'll be the situation where Freddy T was paid off by his sugardaddy to split Huck's base.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2009, 08:18:21 AM »

All three. Mitt Romney was born great, then had more greatness thrust upon him, and then achieved yet more greatness.

MITT ROMNEY!

In all seriousness, though, I am supporting Romney for President 2012.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2010, 11:40:19 AM »

That will not happen, he is like a use car sales man. Smiley Right now I support Gary Johnson Smiley...
Gary Johnson = The most overrated politician in America. (I like him, but his support is being overestimated)
Well, back in January `08, I was convinced Hillary was the anti-christ, and would do anything to stop her. I was strongly rooting for Obama in the leadoff states. But just a month or so later, I started rooting for Hillary, and now I consider myself a supporter of her. Wink
Tmth, you seem like a very nice guy. However, for someone with a blue avatar, a positive economic score, and a social score much greater than mine, it seems as if you would have to turn logic on its head to consider yourself a supporter of Hillary Clinton, unless there's an ulterior motive. could you explain? lol (I don't mean to be belligerent, i'm just perplexed.)
Wow, this is extremely late for me to be responding, but I actually never saw this. Wink
I started to like Hillary simply because she is the alternative. I still continue to like her because I think she would govern as a centrist, similar to how her husband ran things in the 90's. While I do have a positive pm score, I am still close to the center and am liberal on a couple positions. Because of that, I'll support candidates that are somewhat moderate, whether they made be center-right or center-left.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2010, 11:58:56 AM »

None of the above.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2010, 01:15:38 PM »

^^^^^^^
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »

Mitt had greatness thrust upon him.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »

Mitt Romney was born great, but it all went downhill from there
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2010, 08:12:50 PM »

Oh wow, this is a hilarious blast from the past. Reminded me why Hamilton was so annoying and everything.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »

I think this deserves bumping. Which do you guys think it is?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »

i get sick seeing that
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to: