Districts and Regions Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:45:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Districts and Regions Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Districts and Regions Maps  (Read 9318 times)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 04, 2004, 11:00:02 PM »

Previously mentioned thread:  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=7019

Governor Ilikeverin:  Yessir, someone has to take DC, and that's the Region that Must have 11 places...because that region will still have ten requisite States, and so will All the others.  (Constitution refers to 'states,' not 'places'...and though it's up to the Courts to decide, I don't think D.C. would very likely pass for a "state.")
But I really do think your map is a pragmatic step in the right direction--almost to home plate.

Ernest mentioned adjusting the Constitution to fit the existing Regions.  I agree that an ammendment may be optimal, but I don't think retaining the existing regional map is the way to go, and I'll delve into why on the other thread, so this one doesn't get any more convoluted obstructing the purpose for which it was created.

You do realize we've had PLENTY of debate on this issue in months past, right?  After hundred of messages of bickering, the end result was basically that we don't care enough to change them.  

We've already deemphasized the Regions by removing their Senators, and the Governors are one step raway from being a purely ceremonial.

What impact did Governors have in the first place besides being in charge of redistricting?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 12:14:56 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks it's fine the way it is?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 12:32:16 PM »

Niles, regions do not effect Senate Seats....

King, I'm sorry--I've scoured the Folders to corroborate that...but I can't find it.  The Constitution stickied to the Folder say Regions do dictate Senate seats; and if there's been an ammendment changing that, I'll be happy to shut up with the only complaint that the Constitution displayed needs to be updated for accuracy.  Can you point me to what I'm missing, here?

Niles, I hate to break it to you, but we've broken the Constiution on MANY ocassions when it made things unnecessarily difficult, etc. We try to keep the focus on ELECTIONS, not the inner workings of the government.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies