Districts and Regions Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:22:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Districts and Regions Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Districts and Regions Maps  (Read 9318 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 25, 2004, 06:12:43 PM »

Well, I don't consider DC to be a state, and neither does the forum constitution.  By the way did the Senate ever try to establish Regional boundaries according to the requirements of the fourth Amendment?  Except for the Mid-East Region, they don't have the constitutionally mandated ten states.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 09:02:35 PM »

Perhaps instead of adjusting the Regions to fit the Constitution, it would be easier to adjust the Constitution to fit the Regions?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 12:03:32 PM »

Getting a map that both fits the Constitution and that people like will be extremly tough.  Now here a proposal for a map if we got rid of the rule of five and instead had a rule of seven that had seven states each of which would be required to have at least seven states.

The only problem I see is that the Great Plains region currently has no one registered there IIRC, but I suspect taht would soon change as I am certain that at least one or two ambitious people would "move" there to run for governor.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 12:49:11 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks it's fine the way it is?

I'm fine with the current situation, and I don't like any of the proposals for region map that fit the five regions of ten states each model that Constitution currently calls for.  However, I don't see any Constitutional crisis.  The Constitution doesn't specify how long the Senate has before it must submit a map that fits the model and that until then the old map will be used.  In short, the only reason to fiddle with things would be if there was a desire to change the regional boundaries.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 04:52:59 PM »

It looks like Dave's cut back on the colors available with the auto generator to just those he actually uses.  I generated the map in the first place and I used some of the non 50% intensities to make the map look better.  Green with white letters just isn't very legible in my opinion, and what with split districts being legal, the map needs four colors in the northeast to make things clear.  Anyway, here's the map.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies