Biden halts ammo to Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:47:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden halts ammo to Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Biden halts ammo to Israel  (Read 2732 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2024, 10:30:06 AM »

Netanyahu wants his soulmate Trump to get elected and give him free rein to do whatever he wants in Gaza and West Bank.
He has zero incentives to do whatever Biden asks him to and give him a win.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2024, 10:35:32 AM »

Biden has made the correct call. Netanyahu was repeatedly warned that he needs to come up with a serious concept to save more civilian life. I support cracking down the remaining elements of Hamas, but if the previous months are any indication how this goes, it won't do Israel any favors.

That said, I doubt this helps Biden politically. For pro-Palestine groups it's way too little too late and for the pro-Israel/Bibi faction it's almost a betrayal.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2024, 10:36:42 AM »

The real problem is not the ammo but the fact that foreign policy is now being controlled by a bunch of activists on both sides . We should have given full green light to Israel to completely invade Gaza months ago , rather than do all the bs that we did .

Sadly the Tucker and Cenk wings keep growing and both parties keep pandering to them cause “muh neocons are unpopular”.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2024, 01:43:34 PM »

The truth is that there will be stable cease fire/peace with Bibi staying in power. Both his far-right administration and Hamas are the main obstacles to a solution.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2024, 02:52:37 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2024, 02:55:40 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

A Total Betrayal Of Our Ally

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6wd4oUO6ZO/

Israel will now go back to 'dumb bombs' which incur more civilian casualties.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2024, 02:57:49 PM »

The real problem is not the ammo but the fact that foreign policy is now being controlled by a bunch of activists on both sides . We should have given full green light to Israel to completely invade Gaza months ago , rather than do all the bs that we did .

Sadly the Tucker and Cenk wings keep growing and both parties keep pandering to them cause “muh neocons are unpopular”.

'Cenk' wing? Who? I obviously know who you mean but ascribing any 'wing' of a national party, or any group of people, to that man is laughable.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2024, 03:01:06 AM »

What is Biden's own plan then? This is getting fustrating honestly. He gives ammo to Ukraine but prevents them from hitting Russian territory. He gives weapons to Israel but prevents them from eliminating Hamas. How are America's allies supposed to win if they can only fight with one hand tied behind their backs? At this point, might as well roll the dice with Trump. He will fully commit to helping Israel and maybe Ukraine too if they flatter him enough.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2024, 03:08:39 AM »

What is Biden's own plan then? This is getting fustrating honestly. He gives ammo to Ukraine but prevents them from hitting Russian territory. He gives weapons to Israel but prevents them from eliminating Hamas. How are America's allies supposed to win if they can only fight with one hand behind their backs? At this point, might as well roll the dice with Trump. He will fully commit to helping Israel and maybe Ukraine too if they flatter him enough.

What if Trump picks Vance or Lee as VP though. The fact is what needs to be done is that actual Republicans who backed Haley need to pressure Trump not to pick a paleocon as VP and pick someone like Rubio instead . At the same time moderate Democrats need to put pressure on Biden to reverse decisions such as these .

The fact is right now the online base and activists are having disproportionate influence on foreign policy and the reason is they are the ones putting all sorts of political pressure on Trump/Biden (Trump though people like Tucker , Biden through protests ) and that’s the real problem we face .
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2024, 03:21:41 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2024, 03:25:09 AM by Agafin »

What is Biden's own plan then? This is getting fustrating honestly. He gives ammo to Ukraine but prevents them from hitting Russian territory. He gives weapons to Israel but prevents them from eliminating Hamas. How are America's allies supposed to win if they can only fight with one hand behind their backs? At this point, might as well roll the dice with Trump. He will fully commit to helping Israel and maybe Ukraine too if they flatter him enough.

What if Trump picks Vance or Lee as VP though. The fact is what needs to be done is that actual Republicans who backed Haley need to pressure Trump not to pick a paleocon as VP and pick someone like Rubio instead . At the same time moderate Democrats need to put pressure on Biden to reverse decisions such as these .

The fact is right now the online base and activists are having disproportionate influence on foreign policy and the reason is they are the ones putting all sorts of political pressure on Trump/Biden (Trump though people like Tucker , Biden through protests ) and that’s the real problem we face .

Yeah Trump needs a good VP. I don't know what are Burgum's foreign policy views but he seems to be a standard old school republican like Pence so maybe he'd be fine? Vance or Lee would be disastrous of course but I don't think he'll pick them. Haley will also meet with donors (I posted the link in the primaries thread) so maybe she'll get them to pressure him too.

edit: Isn't it the middle of the night were you are? How are you not asleep lol
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2024, 03:26:01 AM »

Yeah Trump needs a good VP. I don't know what are Burgum's foreign policy views but he seems to be a standard old school republican like Pence so maybe he'd be fine? Vance or Lee would be disastrous of course but I don't think he'll pick them. Haley will also meet with donors (I posted the link in the primaries thread) so maybe she'll get them to pressure him too.

Rubio > Burgum imo and I also think he'd be the better pick politically too.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2024, 05:37:04 AM »

Rubio > Burgum imo and I also think he'd be the better pick politically too.

Yeah but they are from the same state so I think it's not possible?
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2024, 08:35:53 AM »

To the people acting like this is some great betrayal of an ally — what exactly is the United States getting out of this relationship at this point in time? Netanyahu has consistently shown Biden zero respect since the war started (and frankly would love to see him lose to Trump so that he can get a completely blank cheque to prosecute the war), and you expect Biden to give Israel unconditional support?
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2024, 08:50:35 AM »

And not a moment too soon:

But campus protesters are the bigger issue!

They'll just say the UN is lying.

They are. The "UN Experts" include notorious antisemite Francesca Albanese, who should have been removed from power long ago for incitement to genocide.

Like clockwork..

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2024, 09:40:58 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2024, 09:56:07 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

To the people acting like this is some great betrayal of an ally — what exactly is the United States getting out of this relationship at this point in time?

Great question. I am glad you asked.

The answer: rapid advancement in military science and engineering with no risk or loss of US servicemen and women.

Let's say we have a Palestinian terrorist named Kevin. He could be Hamas, Islamic Jihad or the Peoples Front of Judea for all we care. Kevin was busy murdering and raping Israeli civilians on October 7, 2023. He even kidnapped an Israeli and we think he is holding them hostage.

Needless to say, Kevin is not a nice person

The USA is now learning how to fight these nasty terrorist types on the ground without deploying a single soldier. It's probably the first war where the US will not step foot on the battlefield.

The US Defence Department have mindblowing A.I. technology to track Hamas terrorists like Kevin and are developing systems using drone technology.

Approximate paths of American military drone flights over the Gaza Strip. Flights shown here are from Oct. 28 to Nov. 2, of which at least six flights were over Gaza. Source: Flight path data from FlightRadar24. (New York Times)

The Israeli's take these US drone data and use an algorithm called "Where's Daddy" to monitor Kevin's entire family, their movements to see if they can isolate Kevins exact location.

Kevin then has a short window in time to re-assess his short term goals.

This is only one small facet of US involvement benefiting not only the US Defence capability, but also the folks back home by employing more weapons makers and killing more terrorists like Kevin.

Additional benefits include:

Active deployment with 2 Battle Groups in the area.
Give Iran a belting as necessary.
Give the Houthi's a hiding.

The USA holds all the cards in this scenario.

Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2024, 09:55:49 AM »

Republicans want to force Biden to send arms to Israel

Republican lawmakers are pushing legislation aimed at stopping President Biden from withholding weapons shipments to Israel.

Why it matters: The administration's move to block the arms sales has drawn backlash from pro-Israel lawmakers in both parties.

Most recently, Rep. Brad Schneider (D-Ill.) said in a statement on Thursday he is "deeply concerned" about the decision "as well as the President's comments about withholding security assistance to Israel."

What's happening: The administration has paused transfers of ammunition, 500-pound bombs and 2000-pound bombs – a way of signaling U.S. concerns about a potential invasion of Rafah, per Axios' Barak Ravid.

Driving the news: Rep. Beth Van Duyne (R-Texas) introduced the Immediate Support for Israel Act on Thursday, which would require transfers of some weapons to Israel to occur within 30 days of procurement.

Zoom in: Rep. Cory Mills (R-Fla.) is taking things a step further, telling Fox News he is drafting articles of impeachment against Biden for withholding the aid.

To the lay person, this looks close enough to the reason why Trump was impeached in 2019 (delaying aid that was already appropriated) though it was Ukraine in that case. So they could sell it more easily than the Hunter Biden bullcrap and hell they could even get one very pro-Israel democrat (Gottenheimer maybe?) to support it and claim it as bipartisan which would be devastating for Biden's campaign at this point.

This is where Jeffries move to save Johnson comes in handy. Johnson will probably not try to break the deal by supporting an impeachment at this moment.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2024, 10:06:18 AM »

Mills impeachment just dropped
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2024, 11:15:18 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2024, 11:18:23 AM by MR DARK BRANDON »

Regardless of my own personal opinion on this, if I had to sum up my view on this whole ordeal this is it. There are completely valid positions on both sides here.

If you think Biden should be sending arms? Great! If you think he should be withholding arms in this instance? Great! Both are valid positions to take, and if you think that arms should continue to go, I’m not gonna fault you for that, I can totally get why you’d think that, hell I’m largely a neocon/interventionist on foreign policy myself!

That being said, if you’re a single issue voter on this, and if you’re saying things like Biden is “caving to the far left” that he’s “pro Hamas” or that this is some “unfathomable betrayal that is gonna lose him all of his support” then that’s stupid and I cannot take you seriously if you’re saying this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2024, 11:41:46 AM »

Regardless of my own personal opinion on this, if I had to sum up my view on this whole ordeal this is it. There are completely valid positions on both sides here.

If you think Biden should be sending arms? Great! If you think he should be withholding arms in this instance? Great! Both are valid positions to take, and if you think that arms should continue to go, I’m not gonna fault you for that, I can totally get why you’d think that, hell I’m largely a neocon/interventionist on foreign policy myself!

That being said, if you’re a single issue voter on this, and if you’re saying things like Biden is “caving to the far left” that he’s “pro Hamas” or that this is some “unfathomable betrayal that is gonna lose him all of his support” then that’s stupid and I cannot take you seriously if you’re saying this.

He’s not gonna lose the votes of Pro Israel democrats, the question is what’s gonna happen with Haley voters . Most Haley voters already despise his policies on the economy, immigration but were considering supporting him for foreign policy reasons . Well if that reason is gone then , that hurts him as well given how narrowly he won in 2020 . Now does this mean Trump will get their votes , no because Trump still hasn’t given an indication that he will reach out to those voters but if he does then that could cause Biden real problems

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2024, 12:15:39 PM »

He’s not gonna lose the votes of Pro Israel democrats, the question is what’s gonna happen with Haley voters . Most Haley voters already despise his policies on the economy, immigration but were considering supporting him for foreign policy reasons . Well if that reason is gone then , that hurts him as well given how narrowly he won in 2020 . Now does this mean Trump will get their votes , no because Trump still hasn’t given an indication that he will reach out to those voters but if he does then that could cause Biden real problems

I'm sorry but does everybody understand how sociopathic this post is?
Encouraging Biden to stand by and watch the massacre of thousands of innocent women and children because if he does something to save them he might lose the votes of a handful of bigots?  
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2024, 12:30:51 PM »

Encouraging Biden to stand by and watch the massacre of thousands of innocent women and children because if he does something to save them he might lose the votes of a handful of bigots?  

Thousands of german women and children were killed by the allies during WWII. Was it unjustified?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2024, 12:32:23 PM »

Thousands of german women and children were killed by the allies during WWII. Was it unjustified?

This comparison will never be relevant no matter how many times ethnic cleansing advocates invoke it.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2024, 12:41:01 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2024, 10:34:39 AM by GP270watch »

Biden needs to rebalance the power dynamic between the USA and Israel. Out of all of Benjamin Netanyahu's incompetent actions the most blatant is that he really believes he controls the United States foreign policy and that he can bend policy toward his will. Previous Israeli PM's knew that without the protection of the United States, Israel is nothing, it can not exist.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2024, 12:43:23 PM »

This comparison will never be relevant no matter how many times ethnic cleansing advocates invoke it.

Palestinian nationalism literally is the Islamic version of Nazism. Even Grand Mufti aside, they have stated over and over that they seek to genocide Jews and have proven over and over again they intend to do that no matter how many liberals seem to think they dont.

Despite all of this, they would have had a state by now if they did not reject deals Israel offered them in 2000 and 2008 because the reality is they hate Israel and Jews more than they want statehood . It is actually insane how you keep believing that Israel should just stand by and do nothing and smear their efforts as ethnic cleansing because it 100% is not.

The fact is the only way a two state solution will ever happen is Palestinian nationalism as its currently constructed is completely destroyed
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2024, 12:44:57 PM »

And not a moment too soon:

But campus protesters are the bigger issue!

They'll just say the UN is lying.

They are. The "UN Experts" include notorious antisemite Francesca Albanese, who should have been removed from power long ago for incitement to genocide.

Like clockwork..

Israel doesn't take guidance from Nazis, because Nazis lie for a living. Deal with it.

You do realize that the incredibly broad and usually incorrect manner that you use words like Nazi and antisemite leads to them losing their meaning, right?
The same could be said about the pro-Palestine crowd’s usage of the g-word
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2024, 01:00:44 PM »

Palestinian nationalism literally is the Islamic version of Nazism. Even Grand Mufti aside, they have stated over and over that they seek to genocide Jews and have proven over and over again they intend to do that no matter how many liberals seem to think they dont.

Despite all of this, they would have had a state by now if they did not reject deals Israel offered them in 2000 and 2008 because the reality is they hate Israel and Jews more than they want statehood . It is actually insane how you keep believing that Israel should just stand by and do nothing and smear their efforts as ethnic cleansing because it 100% is not.

The fact is the only way a two state solution will ever happen is Palestinian nationalism as its currently constructed is completely destroyed

Lol, I never said Israel should "do nothing." I've only said they shouldn't indiscriminately bomb civilians in urban areas for the sole purpose of bloodthirsty revenge. If you're so concerned about antisemitism, why are you encouraging the Jewish state to pursue a path that is turning it into an international pariah hated by Muslims everywhere? Antisemitism is inherently irrational and racist. Why give people a concrete excuse to adhere to it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies