Should public schools give away free lubricant? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:35:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should public schools give away free lubricant? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should schools give away free lubricant?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Should public schools give away free lubricant?  (Read 8771 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: November 07, 2007, 02:26:23 AM »

Heck no!  Neither should condoms - it's not the school's job to waste money on that - if a private organization donates it, I don't care.  But a public school shouldn't do that - especially not in MI, where we're broke.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 03:36:16 PM »

Heck no!  Neither should condoms - it's not the school's job to waste money on that - if a private organization donates it, I don't care.  But a public school shouldn't do that - especially not in MI, where we're broke.

As stated, organizations come in for free to do this, at no cost to the school.

Well, your question read "Should schools give away free lubricant?" - so I answered the question, since your description contradicted the question.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »

I'll send the pregnant teen with HIV to your doorstep to fund her abortion.  I'll tell her to tell you that she was broke.

How is lube going to help this?  And if she's broke - then I guess she'll have to give the baby up for adoption and not abort it - problem solved!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 03:40:39 PM »

And if she's broke - then I guess she'll have to give the baby up for adoption and not abort it - problem solved!

Well, in civilized countries, childbirth is free, but not in the US.  So you're still going to have to end up paying for something.

Don't use logic on anti-choicers. They're too concerned about fetuses being removed to factor in the economic and social impacts of their dreams.

You're right - my first priority is protecting lives.  And i I screw up both the economy and society, well then that's just too bad.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 04:53:20 AM »

And i I screw up both the economy and society, well then that's just too bad.

Why don't you apply this sort of logic to, say, protecting the environment?

In what way?  I'm extremely pro-nuclear power and think that we need to get out of an oil dependency ASAP (it's not the gov'ts job to fund say ethanol experimentation - but they sure can do things to help it, as in tax E85 gasoline less than regular gas).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 06:41:27 PM »

Why do you favor putting gay kids at risk by not providing lube?

It's not putting them at risk - they can go buy their own.  Schools aren't a place to provide free sex stuff.  Why not provide gloves for people who enjoy anal stuff?  Heck, why not provide BDSM stuff too - but make it safe!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 06:49:27 PM »

Then that's their problem.  Schools aren't sex stores.  And where do you draw the line?  Gay kids, BDSM, anal?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 06:53:59 PM »

1 Disgusting. Homophobia needs to be stopped as soon as possible.

2 I'd only provide condoms and lube. I wouldn't provide BDSM gear or gloves or other stuff.

Why only condoms and lube though?  You can't argue for "fair treatment" of gays, but not allow for other sexual experiences to be as easily performed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 06:58:24 PM »

There's a difference between an ingrained orientation you can't change like homosexuality/bisexual and fetishes like BDSM so never compare the two again.

I'm not comparing the 2 - because neither HAS to be done.  High schoolers don't HAVE to have sex.  And why are you limiting homosexual intercourse to penile-anal?  What about prostate stimulation?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 07:00:44 PM »

Stop unnecesarily complicating things. You do exactly what you accuse me of doing.

Answer the question.  I am asking you to tell me where to draw the line and why you draw it there.  You have no answer, so you go and attack me personally.  Answer the questions.  Why only allow assistance for penile-anal intercourse.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 07:05:47 PM »

Read my earlier post. I said that I draw the line because BDSM/sex toy play are fetish actions one can choose and not ingrained orientations like being straight/gay.

OK, but:

1. Gay people don't have to have sex in High school.

2. My main point - why only allow for penile-anal sex, and not prostate pleasuring (bad wording - but I can't think right now), requiring a glove.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 07:11:40 PM »

1 That goes against human nature. Abstinence doesn't work so just give that up.

2The lubricant is to make gay sex safer and not painful. Your proposal goes beyond that.

1. I know lot's of people who haven't.  I'm not arguing for abstinence - I'm just saying that you don't HAVE to have sex - so you don't HAVE to give out lube.

2. I'm proposing safety - it's unhealthy for you to stick your hand into somebody w/o a glove.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »

Because it's a waste of taxpayer money - they can buy their own condoms.  Their $.25 in the bathrooms.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »

Because it's a waste of taxpayer money - they can buy their own condoms.  Their $.25 in the bathrooms.

If you can't afford a condom, you definitely can't afford to raise a child...so it's probably a better idea to spend 25 cents of taxpayer money on the condom, than having society pay for a 18 years worth of aid to the poor child?

So just 1 condom per person for the whole high school career?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 12:11:27 PM »

The condom companies, particularly Trojan, are very generous with their free samples.  I've been getting freebies in the mail since I was 17, though now they're going to my parents' house...

Fine!  But it's not the school's job.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 03:29:20 AM »

The condom companies/sexual awareness groups come in at no cost to the school, Inky.

But Thady, that's not what the question is asking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies