Pennsylvania Statewide Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:34:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Pennsylvania Statewide Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pennsylvania Statewide Discussion  (Read 21085 times)
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« on: November 11, 2023, 10:30:41 AM »

I find it kind of interesting that McCaffery was the only Dem running for court statewide to lose Erie (albeit narrowly), while also being the only one besides Beck to win in Berks.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 07:23:09 PM »

PA Dems - who are you voting for AG?

Since Kenyatta and Bizzarro pretty much have their primaries wrapped up, the AG race still seems open. Originally I was thinking Depasquale based on name rec, but I do like that Solomon is from Philly and he seems to be gaining some traction.

I voted for Joe Khan on my mail-in ballot. My top three choices were Stollsteimer, Khan, and Bradford-Grey, and ultimately chose Khan because I preferred his stances and efforts on environmental issues the most out of the three.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 05:09:25 PM »

I voted by mail earlier this month for Williamson (but I will still vote for Biden in the general), Houlahan, Khan, Kenyatta, and McClelland, so unfortunately I can't provide any turnout news from my precinct. I'm really interested to see how the AG race turns out since DePasquale's won statewide office before and has a geographical advantage as the only candidate in the race not from SEPA, so I wonder how the other candidates can overtake him.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 07:07:19 PM »

DePasquale starts with a huge lead in the Allegheny County EV, leading Bradford-Grey 74% to 9%.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 07:18:18 PM »

Ugh, DePasquale’s early lead is making me nervous. I really don’t want him to win this primary off name recognition alone.

I feel the same way. That and his geographic advantage of being the only candidate not from SEPA.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 08:20:47 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2024, 09:44:58 PM by Mexican Wolf »

McClelland still leads Bizzarro by around 14%. I honestly thought she wouldn't be doing this well when I voted for her, but I'm happy she is.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 08:53:20 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2024, 08:56:29 PM by Mexican Wolf »

McClelland still leads Bizzarro by around 14%. I honestly thought she would be doing this well when I voted for her, but I'm happy she is.

Why'd you vote for her, if you don't mind me asking? I can't get a good sense of her platform from her website.

Oh, sure, no problem. I pored over hers and Bizzarro's sites before I cast my ballot. What tipped me her way was her background in providing addiction and substance abuse treatment and recovery and combatting systemic biases in county-level employment. I also liked a lot of the policy planks she put forward in her prospectus on her website and (somewhat harder to explain) her attitude in expressing her stances that I found refreshing.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 09:00:19 PM »

Yeah the Mclelland thing is very odd, it seems that people really just went for the geographical county I guess? Bizarro had a ton of institutional support, so this is still pretty shocking.

Not shocked that Depasquale will get AG. Him being the only one from western PA definitely sealed it.

Tbf, Jared Solomon also had a lot of institutional support and he's in last place in the AG primary, although having to duke it out with three other SEPAers while DePasquale cleaned up out west certainly hurt his chances badly.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2024, 06:39:06 PM »

Another key example of how PA listing home counties under candidates' names affects election results: Craig Williams lost the R AG primary 29% to 70% and lost 66 out of 67 counties against Dave Sunday, but he won his home county Delaware 63% to 37%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies